What solar panel for Tactacam Reveal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kc5rkg View Post
    How long were y’all getting out of a set of AA batteries in the Reveal X? I just put two of them out a little over a month ago with lithium AA batteries. So far each has well over 1,000 pictures and both still showing 100% battery level.

Trouble is with Lithium batteries, they will always show 100% right up until they go dead... They are regulated... alkaline batteries will have a decay in voltage over time... not so, lithium.

My Reveal X's lasted about 2 months and 3,000 pics a piece with lithium batteries. I switched to the above system and don't worry about them going dead now.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
      Here's my post from the Covert solar panel thread:

I got this link off another thread here some time back and now have all my cell cams running on these... no batteries required or needed in cameras. They have been flawless so far on both Reveal X and Coverts with one tiny, little exception....
      These units have both a 6 and 12 volt output and cables to hook all possible combinations of plugs so no adapters are needed... I screwed up and hooked up one of my coverts to the 12 volt output... FRIED!! The plug on the covert is the same as the plug on the Reveal X camera. The Reveal X cameras are 12 volt... I looked all over the Covert for the voltage and never found it so i pulled the little rubber plug out of the hole on the Covert and plugged in the same set up to it as I had the Reveal X cameras... When the camera did not come on and I started to get that "burnt" smell, I knew I'd messed up... Then I looked on the INSIDE of the rubber plug and saw the 6Volt label. It was not visible until you actually took the little plug out of the hole in the camera... It was a dumb mistake on my part, but it was a dumb design on Covert's part too to not clearly mark the voltage where it could be read when looking at the camera... Anyway, all that to say, these panels with Lithium battery packs are very well made and come with a great mount and work for every camera I have tried them on (Browning, CamPark, Moultrie, Reveal, Covert)...

https://www.amazon.com/WingHome-Batt...s%2C213&sr=8-4

This one Never had a problem and still going strong

Comment

Do you have to leave AA batteries in the camera?

Comment

I got this link off another thread here some time back and now have all my cell cams running on these... no batteries required or needed in cameras. They have been flawless so far on both Reveal X and Coverts with one tiny, little exception....
          These units have both a 6 and 12 volt output and cables to hook all possible combinations of plugs so no adapters are needed... I screwed up and hooked up one of my coverts to the 12 volt output... FRIED!! The plug on the covert is the same as the plug on the Reveal X camera. The Reveal X cameras are 12 volt... I looked all over the Covert for the voltage and never found it so i pulled the little rubber plug out of the hole on the Covert and plugged in the same set up to it as I had the Reveal X cameras... When the camera did not come on and I started to get that "burnt" smell, I knew I'd messed up... Then I looked on the INSIDE of the rubber plug and saw the 6Volt label. It was not visible until you actually took the little plug out of the hole in the camera... It was a dumb mistake on my part, but it was a dumb design on Covert's part too to not clearly mark the voltage where it could be read when looking at the camera... Anyway, all that to say, these panels with Lithium battery packs are very well made and come with a great mount and work for every camera I have tried them on (Browning, CamPark, Moultrie, Reveal, Covert)...

So I bought this one. Seems solid but I have an issue that may or may not be related.

I charged it up first per the instructions. Attached it to the tree and plugged it into the camera. Camera came on and did its usual thing, but the app still says the camera has 10% battery and its not sending anything.

Any ideas?

Comment

Following

Comment

I use the below on my camera's and have had zero issues. I like how everything is contained and easily attached to the same pole and off the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by kc5rkg View Post
                Do you have to leave AA batteries in the camera?
                Not with panels that have batteries built into them.

I used AA’s on my first Reveal X for initial set up and messing around with it. I pulled the batteries after doing that and it’s been nothing but the Reaktor powering it since. The one I set up for a mew area for my wife a few weeks ago has run exclusively off of a Reaktor, both panels were precharged and neither have come off of 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
                  So I bought this one. Seems solid but I have an issue that may or may not be related.

I charged it up first per the instructions. Attached it to the tree and plugged it into the camera. Camera came on and did its usual thing, but the app still says the camera has 10% battery and its not sending anything.

Any ideas?
                  Mine did the same thing on my first one. I was not connected to the camera via wi-fi with my phone. It updated within a day and has read 100% since then.

Comment

Charlie Im taking your advice. I ordered 4 of them. Im tired of battery issues.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      The Reaktor from Illusive Wildlife is what I use. You will never need batteries again
                      X2

Comment

Mine did the same thing on my first one. I was not connected to the camera via wi-fi with my phone. It updated within a day and has read 100% since then.
                        Thats kind of what I figured but it hasn’t updated…. Guess I’ll have to check it out when I go back.

Comment

Has anyone tried the Tactacam Solar Panel? https://www.scheels.com/p/tactacam-e...EaAm22EALw_wcB

Comment

I will no longer recommend the Reaktor panel.

Get the Tactacam solar panel with internal battery and you won’t have to ever put batteries in your camera again.

Tactacam’s panel costs a little more, but they have been flawless for me.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              I will no longer recommend the Reaktor panel.

Get the Tactacam solar panel with internal battery and you won’t have to ever put batteries in your camera again.

Tactacam’s panel costs a little more, but they have been flawless for me.
                              So you have to buy the solar panel and their lithium battery for the solar panel to work or does it not have to have a battery?

Comment

All in one. As the other said I’ve ran mine for about 1 1/2 years without batteries actually being in the cam

Comment

Working...
                                X