X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sideways View Post
    I hate weedeaters of all kinds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don’t hate weedeaters. I just hate using one.

Comment

We use the stihl line posted above or the Oregon line with a black core. I prefer the Oregon. One string load will last forever ifn its not chain link.

Comment

Zip ties

Comment

Echo

Comment

Tagged

Comment

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=89BkJF0kVyc"]Best Trimmer Line? Let's Find Out! Round 2: Stihl, Husqvarna, Echo, Oregon, Shakespeare, Weed Eater - YouTube[/ame]

This guy does lots of side by side comparisons for various tools/products

Comment

Stihl has been the best I’ve found.

Comment

Stihl or Maxpower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

while a larger diameter will usually be tougher,, there is a draw back!

im not sure about all brands but most of what i have seen is color coded to the diameter for a reason. If your trimmer is a larger model and has a very high rpm, thinner string lays around the head and does not extend like a larger line will and performance will suffer. IF you have a lower rpm trimmer and go to a thicker and heavier line the performance will also suffer because the unit does not have the needed power to spin the line at the optimum speed for it to cut through.
                    round string is the worst at cutting while any of the strings that have corners or edges will all cut better .

so going thicker may not be the best answer. as far as durability between brands, i have not tried many but i have always been satisfied with Stihl line

Comment

Stihl for me. Has always worked well as long as you aren't trying to weed eat something harder than the line, like rocks, concrete, steel edging, chain link fencing etc..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I've trimmed a 10 acre cemetery for 20 years.Nothing eats up line faster than 150 yr.old tombstones. Gatorline,Gatorade, by Oregon;is the best bump head string.If you really wanna get serious about it.Buy a commercial fixed/aluminum head.Buy some square .155 line.Cut your pieces about 18"..A 5lb spool lasted me 3 yrs out there.Thirty pieces did every stone,and all the fencing.

Comment

Vortex...

More flexible/rubbery. Doesn’t seem to break as easily. Shape seems to make it fly straighter.

Anyway, I like it..

Comment

weed trimmer line

I’m with Hart8....I use Oregon Gatorline in my Echo with the speed feed head. It is darn tough and seems to last forever cutting some gnarly terrain.

Comment

Working...
                            X