Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you show me your cotton seed feeder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they have started to eat it you will be Fine. They go from that to killing it before you know it.

Comment

Originally posted by macdad View Post
      How much wire do you need? I buy mine from a place in Elgin he will sell it by the feeder at a time if wanted for $ 25 He also sells bagged or bulk.

Sorry about reviving a 3/4 year old thread - but it is my first post so I hope that I get cut some slack!

I was curious if this person in Elgin is still selling wire in lengths for single feeders (or if there is anyplace South of Austin that would sell the vmesh wire in sections (anything up to 50 ft),

Many thanks,
      mark

Comment

You can also use 4"x2" rectangular fencing . That's what we use. Didn't feel like paying a bunch of money for the "V" shaped fencing.

Comment

anyone know where to get cotton seed out towards Seymour also how is the quality of deer out there

Comment

Just filled mine. Decided to try the tote bin cage even though I believe that the wire cylinders would be better. Will put my game camera back up in a few weeks.

Can't post pics yet I guess. Looks like this:

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Will also put a plywood cover on it soon - to keep the raccoons from messing with it.

It held a full 1000 lb supersack.

Comment

Just finished a couple at the house tonight. 58" V-mesh. Can't wait to put them out this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Those look great! Got any wire left over?? I am planning a trip to the DFW area in a few months and would love to buy some from you.
                Last edited by bismic; 02-21-2017, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Pic of my setup

Pic of my setup. Currently, no wire around the cage.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bismic View Post
                    Those look great! Got any wire left over?? I am planning a trip to the DFW area in a few months and would love to buy some from you.

Yes sir
                    Just shoot me a pm once you get closer and I'll see how much I got left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by macdad View Post
                      How much wire do you need? I buy mine from a place in Elgin he will sell it by the feeder at a time if wanted for $ 25 He also sells bagged or bulk.
                      What is the name and number for this place in Elgin for cottonseed this is not far from my place in navasota and I am in need of cottonseed and can't find it anywhere thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by bismic View Post
                        Pic of my setup. Currently, no wire around the cage.
                        How many pounds does that hold?

Comment

Interesting article on feeding cotton seed. Most of y'all probably already know this. It thought I would post it as fuel for thought.

I often get asked about wholeseed cottonseed as an alternative whitetail deer feed.   It has gained in popularity in recent years and here is what you need to know:

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                            Where in Sinton did you get the cotton seed and do you know if they had anymore?
                            D&D in Seguin has 80 pound bags

Comment

Originally posted by dagdog View Post
                              Interesting article on feeding cotton seed. Most of y'all probably already know this. It thought I would post it as fuel for thought.

http://springcreekoutdoors.com/cotto...-good-the-bad/
                              The part about infertility has been myth busted by several studies. All of the ranches I work for feed vigorously and have no problems with fawn crop or population growth.

Comment

Originally posted by dagdog View Post

http://springcreekoutdoors.com/cotto...-good-the-bad/
                                Originally posted by whiplash View Post
                                The part about infertility has been myth busted by several studies. All of the ranches I work for feed vigorously and have no problems with fawn crop or population growth.
                                It's my understanding the "early knock" on CS was caused when some breeder bucks had issues becoming sterile. I'm no expert but I believe all the subsequent, more recent studies have shown that this only happens to "pen raised" deer that aren't allowed to browse on other feed and natural vegetation. Kinda like a rat that gets cancer being fed nothing but "sweet n low" in a laboratory environment. HELL, that's a rough darn diet for anyone!
                                I haven't heard of issues with free range deer that have access to other natural forbs and nutrients.

Comment

Working...
                                X