Do you believe in ghost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by randtx View Post
    In 1998-1999 I was stationed on Ft. Bliss. I lived in a house in the old part of housing. The house had tile floors throughout. I lived alone, so I Know no one else was there. On regular occasions I could here small foot steps in the hall way. Bedroom lights would turn on. One night while sleeping, I could feel someone watching me and when I looked the was a figure of a small girl, probably 6 years old. I awoke one night to the smell of gas and went searching. I found a burner on the stove turned on and the pilot light out. Again, I lived alone and know I did not turn it on.
    They were trying to kill you.

Comment

I believe there are things going on around us that we will never understand while in this life. I've experienced a couple of those things personally. I have always been a very "black and white" person, but life experiences have convinced me there is are some things beyond my comprehension. I look forward to finding out all that stuff when I get to heaven.

Comment

thanks fellas, now i will probably park the four wheeler under my stand and boy will i look funny climbing the ladder with a .45 in my hand. i will not hunt in a box stand on the ground, it trips me out.

Comment

Originally posted by lbbf View Post
          I'm glad to read that I'm not the only one who gets freaked out walking to the stand in the morning. Every sound I hear I just know that it is a rabid, carnivorous sasquatch.
          I only get freaked out walking to the stand in the morning when I bust a covey of quail. Man, that will flat scare the **** out of you!

Comment

Good reading.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB 1 View Post
              A post without pics. is just a post!
              We want pics!!!

Comment

I definitely believe in spirits. here's a good example:

some background:

When my grandfather was 19, he was deployed to Korea. He had been gone a very short time when he received news that my great grandmother had been brutally murdered. (Her name was Verna and she was very poor and had a baby to care for. She was a prostitute to make ends meet in Rockport where my grandfather was born and raised. Her ex husband who had learned of her prostitution murdered her) The army would not let my grandfather return home for the funeral, so he didn't see her grave until 3 years later.

Fast Forward

When I was 13 years old we made a family trip to Rockport for the weekend to attend oyster fest since my Great Aunt (Grandfather's little sister) was in town from out of state. My parents, brother, I, and grandparents got a cottage at Hunt's Court on Water Street in Rockport. My Great Aunt and her best friend stayed at the Days Inn by the ski basin. Friday night we were all sitting around and my grandfather states, " This cottage sits almost exactly where my old house use to be when we were kids." Saturday night we returned back to the cottage from Oyster Fest and all went to bed. My grandfather would get up every night and smoke a cigarette. He sat up and was smoking around 3:30 a.m. when he saw a woman in the walk in closet. He said, "Verna what are you doing in there?" (my mother was also named Verna after my grandmother) There was no response. My grandma sat up and said, "Verna, what are you looking for?" No response. Then it was gone! My grandmother then said, "I smell windsong." My grandfather replied, "My mother use to wear windsong." (old lady perfume)

That being freaky enough. The next morning my Great Aunt comes over for coffee and breakfast. As soon as she walks through the door, not knowing of what happened the night before, she says, " I smell windsong." Everyone just stopped jaw dropped! I firmly believe my Great Grandmother visited us that night.

FYI: She was pronounced dead at 3:32 a.m. and was found in the her bedroom closet.

Comment

Yes I believe in spirits, I believe that if God wants us to see one we will,but as far as the dead returning in spirit form, I do not believe. The bible clearly states, absent from the body, present with the Lord. Angels I believe in, Demons, I believe in. If the spirit is not from God, it is from Satan! I have been in the funeral business for many years, and I have seen some strange things, but none that I would classify as a Ghost. JMHO

Comment

Kind of.....not really sure what to make of certain incidents I have been involved in

Comment

Some creepy stories indeed ! I'm going to see this movie tonight !

Click below to watch the trailor !!!!!!
                      IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                      I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Comment

They are out there.......
                        Last edited by marknmatagorda; 10-01-2009, 10:47 AM.

Comment

sorry...They are out there...

Comment

Bible clearly states there is a unseen spirit world! My wife was a realtor in Jasper a family in Buna contacted them to try and sale a old two story in Buna said it was haunted and none of the local realtors were able to sale it. So my wife asked me to go with her. The electricy was turned off. As we were going thru the house taking pics inside we had two doors we had left open slam shut I was watching one of them I tried to reason there was a draft because we were both feeling cool or cold spots. And when we went up stairs the hair came up on us both as we went thru a very cold spot on the stairs and it sounded like foot steps went down the stairs behind us. I went in one room as she went into another soon she came running out and said lets go I just saw a mist and heard get out! When we got outside she was shaking and her heart was pounding.

Isaiah 8:19

19 Someone may say to you, “Let’s ask the mediums and those who consult the spirits of the dead. With their whisperings and mutterings, they will tell us what to do.” But shouldn’t people ask God for guidance? Should the living seek guidance from the dead?

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                              Farmdog (my brother) has the gift.

he can tell you elaborate stories about the poeple who used to live where his house sits now.

Maybe he will see this and tell his own story but he has numerous encounters with people of the past. His most frequent are friends who visit him in a dream to say goodbye. When he wakes, he learns of news that they have died. He has quite a few examples of this.
                              My wife's aunt claims to have this gift, but her's aren't always dreams.

Comment

Life is great and unexplained events (if you are lucky) are part of the experience.

Anyone ever heard of the Crescent Hotel? Well, my wife booked our first anniversary there not knowing about the history or the condition of the hotel at that time. After dinner we noticed a ghost tour flyer in one of the restaraunts downtown and it was in the Crescent. So we figured, HAHA yes this is something we need to do. So we went on the tour. It was fun, there were stories and creepy locations like the old morgue in the basement of the hotel which used to be a school and then a pysch hospital. (much like Mineral Wells Sweetwater Hotel).

Later that evening one of two things happened. Either something unexplainable happened or I was the victim of the best practical joke that has ever been pulled on me... and I like to joke around.

At this time the place was falling apart and they were remodeling it. Our "suite" was actually two rooms (both doors still remained) with a large entry built to connect the two rooms. One room was a living area and the other was the bedroom. Within the bedroom was a cut-away closet with a hanger rod and hangers with collars that slid back and forth across the rod. Long story short. My wife says "What the...!" (Deacon's daughter and completely unlike her) and says "DO YOU SEE THAT!" I immediately think I see a blue flash in my peripheal vision near the cut-away closet and I feel a cold chill streak across only my right neck and cheek. As I look to the cut-away I see my blue jeans standing directly out from the closet... hanger and all... as if someone has the loose ends and is stretching them out. Then as soon as I see that the blue jeans and hangar slowly lower to the correct hanging position without swinging.

When you see something like that you try to rationalize it. So I waited, would it happen again. I waited about a minute then jumped up and scoured that wall and ceiling for strings, wires, rods, anything that could manipulate those blue jeans and hanger. I found nothing. After that a few other things happened during the night. Come to find out the staff didn't like that room either. I never told the staff what had happened either. That way they couldn't get the satisfaction of freaking the heck out of us if it was a joke.

One another unexplained note, Just lastnight I had a strong feeling to contact an old friend via FaceBook to acknowledge and check up. He's an old team-mate and we shared that common experience, but we are not best friends and haven't shaken hands in almost a decade. Anyway, I didn't contact him because I didn't have anything to specifically say and just decided to go to bed.

Today I see a message on FaceBook. It's him, he says that he had a vivid dream. We were playing football and I was there playing my old position. We kicked butt. So that's great, but sure is strange too. Not the first time this type of thing has happened.
                                Last edited by Bobcat; 10-01-2009, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X