Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 05-05-2021, 08:34 AM   #51
Graysonhogs
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fannin/Grayson/Erath

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilavidhunter View Post
I was in the 6th Grade in 1973.

“Salami Head” would have been handled by 2 kids.

Maybe a Coach would watch and break it up, but that’s as far as it would go.
Our coach would let it play out. No sense in lingering feelings. Get it settled. 99% of the time the two walked away friends again.
Graysonhogs is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2021, 08:38 AM   #52
Graysonhogs
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpitdog View Post
My son was bullied in the 5th grade. We tried various strategies to avoid the other kid, notify the teacher, etc. It came down to my son making the decision that any consequences would be worth it and after nearly the entire school year he went to school, walked up to the kid unannounced and punched him in the face.

The school called and we explained our side. I told the principal that the other kid’s parents should know that my son was authorized to continue punching their kid in the face on a daily basis if need be from this point forward until the bullying stopped. The school did not like that. But the other never said another peep.
Exactly. Same advice I gave my boys. The oldest only had to do it once.
Old 05-05-2021, 08:39 AM   #53
Dusty Britches
Pope & Young

We moved a lot when I was a kid and I never really remember being bullied except there was 2 attempts at it.

One, a girl known for being a bully and her instigator friend approached my brother, sister and I. The girl lived in the same apartment complex. Her little friend pointed at me and said, "that one!"

My brother and sister backed up and I said "what?" I didn't realize she was the one everyone said was a bully. She said to me that I shot the middle finger at her.

Except what I heard was I shot her middle finger. I instantly thought of the BB guns we took out often and said, "I didn't shoot your middle finger! I'd never shoot anyone! Where were you when I shot your finger?"

Confused, she pointed at her apartment. I said, "no, that can't be right. I never ever shoot my BB guns at houses. I only shoot out in the woods. There's no way I shot you. Are you sure you have the right person?" (Can you tell I had no concern for her injury?? )

She looked at her sidekick confused as all get out. Then she slowly and partially raised her middle finger at me trying to explain what she meant. I said, "Oh no! I would never do that either! Surely you have us confused with someone else! We don't even know you!"

She turned to her friend and said maybe and they left. When I didn't know is my brother was behind me with a baseball bat over his shoulder. We were hitting the ball with the bat.
Dusty Britches is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2021, 08:45 AM   #54
Graysonhogs
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingib View Post
And here is a prime example! How sad

Not sure I would brag or post this online. I would be embarrassed
You should be embarrassed at 95% of your posts, yet here we are.
Old 05-05-2021, 08:48 AM   #55
CEO
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemorvan View Post
A salami head? No, because i don't know what that means. But a chisler, now a chisler, i know what that means. And we'd have had business... I might've had to fishhook him.
CEO is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2021, 08:48 AM   #56
bullets13
Ten Point

Hunt In: Marion Co, Jefferson Co

I worry about my girls being bullied because they're adopted. We'll leave it up to them to tell their friends or not, but I think it'll be obvious that something's up. I'm 5'6" and my wife is 5'1", and my girls' bio parents are 5'10" and 6'4". So our girls are liable to be 6 feet tall. That said, the way my youngest is built, there aren't going to be many people who bully her twice if she decides to handle it, and I'm not going to be apologetic if something like that happens. If my kids are bullies, however, they'll find out really quick how badly that's going to work out for them at home.
bullets13 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2021, 08:58 AM   #57
Lone_Wolf
Ten Point

Hunt In: Bosque Hill McLennan Navarro Counties

I think back to my school days, and I honestly think If a kid is getting bullied by one other kid, then he should just catch him between the eye's one day when he least expects it. I've seen it end the problem and build a kids confidence. Of course there will consequences, and I'm only talking about boys. And only when it's even ground physically. I'm not advocating someone going and getting there *** beat.

This could be bad advice.
Lone_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2021, 09:02 AM   #58
Goldeneagle
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I get a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
I think back to my school days, and I honestly think If a kid is getting bullied by one other kid, then he should just catch him between the eye's one day when he least expects it. I've seen it end the problem and build a kids confidence. Of course there will consequences, and I'm only talking about boys. And only when it's even ground physically. I'm not advocating someone going and getting there *** beat.

This could be bad advice.
Why just boys? My granddaughter had a boy that kept knocking her down at recess. After the third time and the teachers didn't stop it, Alexis did. Durn near laid that kid out cold.
Goldeneagle is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2021, 09:06 AM   #59
bullhead44
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggslayer View Post
My Son is 6'2", 200lbs and has a Bachelors degree in Space Physics and is currently in his masters program at John Hopkins. Weak minded he is not.

I look at it as a young kid who was smart enough to use the system against itself.

I don't understand why my comment got that reaction. My be bullying is a sore subject for you.
Dont worry about it. He is just a salami head and not smart enough to work the system!
bullhead44 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2021, 09:08 AM   #60
Lone_Wolf
Ten Point

Hunt In: Bosque Hill McLennan Navarro Counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeneagle View Post
Why just boys? My granddaughter had a boy that kept knocking her down at recess. After the third time and the teachers didn't stop it, Alexis did. Durn near laid that kid out cold.
Well there you go.
Lone_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2021, 09:13 AM   #61
Chief Big Toe
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sparkman,Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeneagle View Post
Good for her.....
glad she did not take after her Papo!!!

My boy knew that whatever happened at school, he had to take care of it,, kinda like when they gave him licks, i would ask him how many he got,, and i would give him double... if he got hit, he had to find the one and take care of it, never let anyone get over on you.. hard knocks, for sure, but he aint no pansy, now my daughter is the same way...
Chief Big Toe is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2021, 09:15 AM   #62
Goldeneagle
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I get a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Big Toe View Post
Good for her.....
glad she did not take after her Papo!!!

My boy knew that whatever happened at school, he had to take care of it,, kinda like when they gave him licks, i would ask him how many he got,, and i would give him double... if he got hit, he had to find the one and take care of it, never let anyone get over on you.. hard knocks, for sure, but he aint no pansy, now my daughter is the same way...
Just like Pops taught her.
Goldeneagle is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2021, 09:18 AM   #63
cj7zrcool
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Atoka County OK

I was a red-headed, freckle-faced kid and had the temper to go with it. I had many fights in school over the ridicule & comments/insults that brought on, mostly in kindergarten, elementary, and junior high, but a couple in high school. I don't recall it ever happening from the same kid twice, and it never entered my mind to ask my parents for intervention. Of course this would have been from about 1970-1983...
cj7zrcool is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2021, 09:25 AM   #64
okiepighunter
Four Point

that's what I'm talking about!!!!!
okiepighunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2021, 09:36 AM   #65
FVR JR
Eight Point

Hunt In: Secret

Being one of the few white kids in a "diverse" school I got picked on quite a bit. It always was some wannabe thug who thought he'd be cool if he made fun of me in front of his friends. As much as I would have thoroughly enjoyed beating these punks, being sent to alternative school wasn't worth it. Had it been 20 years prior we could have fought and been done with it. That's half the issue, these days kids can't retaliate in any way, or they are the ones who gets punished, because the coward bullies know how to game the system. That is more frustrating than getting picked on. Still, if getting called a salami head upsets you so much that you have your parents call the school, you need to toughen up.

Last edited by FVR JR; 05-05-2021 at 09:39 AM.
FVR JR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2021, 09:40 AM   #66
Chief Big Toe
Ten Point

Most of us are from an era where we took care of ourselves, or else.
this new age, most are like, I was treated Bad my Dad, making me stand up for myself I wont treat my kids that way, and put the kid gloves on and coddle them... creating this new super sensitive youth
Old 05-05-2021, 09:43 AM   #67
IOWA BOW HUNTER
Ten Point

Hunt In: All over the place

I wouldnt be offended at all thats kinda of funny, Instead of knucklehead im gonna start saying "you salami head".

Last edited by IOWA BOW HUNTER; 05-05-2021 at 09:52 AM.
IOWA BOW HUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2021, 10:02 AM   #68
Blane
Eight Point

Hunt In: Lexington

On Sunday my daughter who is 7 and a male friend of the family who is about the same age were playing tag on the trampoline. He thought she "tagged" him to hard on the back, so he in turn slapped at her and grazed her face. Both were mad to the point of tears. I calmly sat my daughter down and let her know that if and when she is slapped in the face, her next step better be setting her feet and a solid jab to the face.

She understands now.
Blane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2021, 10:24 AM   #69
coachk
Associate Sponsor

Hunt In: Clay Co

what do you do when your junior daughter in high school is "bullied" by another girl that has seizures and her parents don't believe anything anyone else says about their daughter? She is doing this to several other girls...My daughter would be kicked out of national honor society, PALS, placed in alternative school, possible athletic scholarship offers withdrawn, and possibly a law suit for punching out a "disabled" person for handling it the way I would normally tell her...the other girl has nothing to lose because she's not involved in anything except keeping **** stirred up at school and she knows my daughter won't hit her because of her disability. (My younger brother passed away last summer from epilepsy, so my daughter is very familiar with the condition) By the way, my wife and I are BOTH coaches/teachers at this school...it has been addressed with the school and her parents and it has died down a bit, but it's just a matter of time)
coachk is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2021, 10:29 AM   #70
clayree
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Charge View Post
If someone had called you a salami head in the sixth grade, would you have gone home and asked your parents to call the school because you were being bullied?
Is being labeled a cured meat offensive??
clayree is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2021, 10:31 AM   #71
Chief Big Toe
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachk View Post
what do you do when your junior daughter in high school is "bullied" by another girl that has seizures and her parents don't believe anything anyone else says about their daughter? She is doing this to several other girls...My daughter would be kicked out of national honor society, PALS, placed in alternative school, possible athletic scholarship offers withdrawn, and possibly a law suit for punching out a "disabled" person for handling it the way I would normally tell her...the other girl has nothing to lose because she's not involved in anything except keeping **** stirred up at school and she knows my daughter won't hit her because of her disability. (My younger brother passed away last summer from epilepsy, so my daughter is very familiar with the condition) By the way, my wife and I are BOTH coaches/teachers at this school...it has been addressed with the school and her parents and it has died down a bit, but it's just a matter of time)
I would have her ask her friends to video the girl, even if means hiding and getting the girl to start her stuff, then you have proof
Old 05-05-2021, 10:36 AM   #72
Hogmauler
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kerrville

Taking y’all back to the 1960,s. I would walk to and from school. A guy I knew , for some reason, started wait for me to walk by his house. If he saw me he’d jump across a bar ditch and knock my books outta my hands, laugh and go about his way.
Happened about three times. So, one day before school I put a pearing knife in my notebook. Y’all remember the blue ones with the 2” ring binders in em right? Proceeded to leave for school knowing I had something for Stan.
For reasons known only to God, my dad checked my notebook before I left and found the knife. He questioned me and I told him the truth. He told me “Bull moose, (my nickname) the next time Stan does that I want you to haul off and knock the hail outta him”.
It happened. I did what my dad told me. Stan jumped back across the ditch and we were the best of friends from that day till we graduated. Full stop. Will never forget that or my dear Dad. That’s him in my avatar.
Hogmauler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2021, 10:39 AM   #73
Briar Friar
Pope & Young

My daughter told me she scolded some kids from her class that were bullying and name calling another kid. She got a high five.
Briar Friar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2021, 11:30 AM   #74
Burnadell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bee County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrover View Post
I gotta believe there is more to the story also.
The OP has a history of posing vague questions like this, then going silent on the thread, never responding.

Last edited by Burnadell; 05-05-2021 at 11:38 AM.
Burnadell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2021, 11:58 AM   #75
Hills of Texas
Ten Point

Hunt In: Llano

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhuntertex View Post
Easy way to stop a bully is pop in the nose.
This right here teaches all kinds a lessons. On both sides
Hills of Texas is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2021, 12:39 PM   #76
FLASH_OUTDOORS
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Davy Crockett National Forest

Are we not getting an actual story?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
FLASH_OUTDOORS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2021, 12:57 PM   #77
bullhead44
Ten Point

Our coaches used to have boxing matches on Fridays during off season. If you had a problem with someone, you called them out. You either kicked ***, got your *** kicked, or got bullied for not fighting. As a coach, I cant imagine doing that now. I do think kids and parents are too soft these days, but Bullying has gotten much worse since the dawn of social media. At least back in the day, when a kid went home, they could get away from it. Now its 24\7 for all the world to see.

My daughter was accused of bullying in elementary school because she told another girl she wasn't gonna play with her anymore. My daughter was playing wall ball with the boys and the other girls didn't want to so she told her mom she was being bullied. The mom even called the sheriffs office about it. We got to the school and the administration was ****** they had to deal with it. That family moved several months later.
bullhead44 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2021, 01:07 PM   #78
MUZZYSLINGR
Ten Point

Hunt In: Home and wherever i can

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
Are we not getting an actual story?

Probably not.

MUZZYSLINGR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2021, 03:15 PM   #79
BowhunterB
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country and Searching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
Salami head would have been more like a nickname versus bullying back in the 70s and 80s. **** paper kids and their parents these days. ...sheesh. Nobody is taught to deal with anything these days in our overprotective society.
Exactly. That would have been the nicest thing I was called most days. I understand social media adds a new level to the mix, but some of the things I hear people getting upset about, and parents getting involved for, are just crazy.

We spent hours ragging on each other, physical attributes, Mom and Dad cuts, everything.. until someone got too pi$$ed and then it got serious. That happened all the time. Guess we were just barbarians
BowhunterB is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2021, 03:20 PM   #80
SmTx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jim Wells

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayree View Post
Is being labeled a cured meat offensive??
Processed meats are so out right now
SmTx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2021, 03:30 PM   #81
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

I would kinda be disappointed in my son if thats all he could come up with to call someone in 6th grade. I'd probably even ground him.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2021, 04:46 PM   #82
JhuntsAlot
Eight Point

Hunt In: Houston County, Madison County, Kendall County, where friends are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnadell View Post
The OP has a history of posing vague questions like this, then going silent on the thread, never responding.

lol

Some back story on this one would be helpful for sure.

J
JhuntsAlot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2021, 05:03 PM   #83
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

I have a daughter that will be a junior next year. I found out the hard way that girl bullying by 6th grade is way more advanced than name calling. "Salami head" would have been much easier to deal with for boys.
.270 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2021, 05:05 PM   #84
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

“You ever had your *** whipped by a salami head?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2021, 05:05 PM   #85
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnadell View Post
Could be a bait and switch thread, get everyone leaning in one direction then get the rug pulled out. Agree, seems to be more to the story. Way too one-sided writing prompt.
.270 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2021, 05:25 PM   #86
wow
Ten Point

Hunt In: Colorado, Lavaca, and any where im invited

My 2 daughters can, will, and have defended themselves from bullies. The youngest was bullied by 2 girls in the 5th grade the teacher said all she saw was was hands feet and elbows flying, Daughter got 4 days in school suspension the other 2 walked. But nobody ever messed with her again. I asked her who won she laughed and said I did.
wow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2021, 07:16 PM   #87
Geezy Rider
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise Co.

Naw, I would have just watched their goofy faces when I responded with “ und du bist ein Wasserkopfjunge”.
Geezy Rider is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2021, 07:21 PM   #88
Muskles
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Cherokee Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowhunterB View Post
Exactly. That would have been the nicest thing I was called most days. I understand social media adds a new level to the mix, but some of the things I hear people getting upset about, and parents getting involved for, are just crazy.

We spent hours ragging on each other, physical attributes, Mom and Dad cuts, everything.. until someone got too pi$$ed and then it got serious. That happened all the time. Guess we were just barbarians
This is the reason I don't think school aged kids should have social media!
Muskles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2021, 07:29 PM   #89
Electrican
Pope & Young

Hunt In: For a place

Well I guess it’s better than being a bologna azz.
Electrican is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2021, 07:49 PM   #90
rolylane6
Eight Point

Hunt In: Wise county

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj7zrcool View Post
I was a red-headed, freckle-faced kid and had the temper to go with it. I had many fights in school over the ridicule & comments/insults that brought on, mostly in kindergarten, elementary, and junior high, but a couple in high school. I don't recall it ever happening from the same kid twice, and it never entered my mind to ask my parents for intervention. Of course this would have been from about 1970-1983...
Same here and buck teeth to boot. I've heard every name you can think of. Had a few fights from the ones that just never let up but most of the time I just ignored the morons and they would go away. I also learned how to to make friends with the toughest guys in school. They usually had my back when I needed them.
I remember in 7th grade I was about a buck 20 and skinny as all get out. There was a kid who was a little bigger than me but not much. He would make fun of me on occasion but was one of those that wasn't worth getting in a fight over. Later in life I saw him at a party when we were in our early 20's. I had grown some and put on some muscle. He hadn't. It was a fun party. He was on edge the whole night. I never did anything to him but I made him as nervous as I could all night. Good times.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
rolylane6 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2021, 08:17 PM   #91
crowmagnum
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graysonhogs View Post
You should be embarrassed at 95% of your posts, yet here we are.
That is funny as all get out����

Last edited by crowmagnum; 05-05-2021 at 08:32 PM.
crowmagnum is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2021, 09:08 PM   #92
ThisLadyHunts
Ten Point

Hunt In: Austin, Boerne, Wyoming, South America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Britches View Post
We moved a lot when I was a kid and I never really remember being bullied except there was 2 attempts at it.

One, a girl known for being a bully and her instigator friend approached my brother, sister and I. The girl lived in the same apartment complex. Her little friend pointed at me and said, "that one!"

My brother and sister backed up and I said "what?" I didn't realize she was the one everyone said was a bully. She said to me that I shot the middle finger at her.

Except what I heard was I shot her middle finger. I instantly thought of the BB guns we took out often and said, "I didn't shoot your middle finger! I'd never shoot anyone! Where were you when I shot your finger?"

Confused, she pointed at her apartment. I said, "no, that can't be right. I never ever shoot my BB guns at houses. I only shoot out in the woods. There's no way I shot you. Are you sure you have the right person?" (Can you tell I had no concern for her injury?? )

She looked at her sidekick confused as all get out. Then she slowly and partially raised her middle finger at me trying to explain what she meant. I said, "Oh no! I would never do that either! Surely you have us confused with someone else! We don't even know you!"

She turned to her friend and said maybe and they left. When I didn't know is my brother was behind me with a baseball bat over his shoulder. We were hitting the ball with the bat.
Behind every great woman...
ThisLadyHunts is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2021, 09:27 PM   #93
Death from Above
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
I would kinda be disappointed in my son if thats all he could come up with to call someone in 6th grade. I'd probably even ground him.

wasn't gonna say it but my thought went there too..
Death from Above is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2021, 09:46 PM   #94
Chootem
Six Point

Hunt In: Rocksprings

Because it’s dishonest and makes a bigger issue out of something that already gets blown out of proportion. Quit being a bully
Chootem is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2021, 10:13 PM   #95
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

I hope all these posters teaching their kids to punch bullies are taking a lot of time to teach them what a real bully is. You better believe the schools definition (and liberals) of a bully is far far less than what is deserving of a punch in the face.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2021, 10:33 PM   #96
dustoffer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: S/Central Tx

Snowflake millennials raising snowflake kids. We settled it either behind the school, in the parking lot, or on the spot. But, that was some 60+ years agl.

Just the word "bullying" makes me want to throat punch someone.
dustoffer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2021, 11:29 PM   #97
KNP16
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
I hope all these posters teaching their kids to punch bullies are taking a lot of time to teach them what a real bully is. You better believe the schools definition (and liberals) of a bully is far far less than what is deserving of a punch in the face.
One of the more rational posts in the whole thread. The school my kids attends (pretty small town 4a school) from the 6th grade on up if you get in a legitimate fist to cuffs fight and deemed the aggressor your leaving the school in cuffs. It’s insane to me but fighting is not treated the same as it was even 10-15 years ago and 90% of the time it’s the “bully” that gets away free and clear. Standing up for yourself is beyond important and needs to happen. However being in the 6th-12th grade and getting charged with assault is not a good thing, crazy times.
KNP16 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-06-2021, 12:16 AM   #98
Hooverfb
Ten Point

Well.... I didnt see the answer i would have hoped. Tell em to get over it? I've hardly ever had anything said to me that was worth getting in a fight over. Especially cause even if I won a fight and felt wronged my dad was quick to point out ... who cares?... then whooped my butt lol.

Had a buddy that found himself being a baby daddy. Needed a job. I got him a job with my old framing/landscaping/etc boss. Day in day out he didnt like getting a ribbing on his work, or having jokes made. Told him to just get over it, just part of working with him. Hes still paying ya, what's it matter. Or listen and do better lol. He quit that job about 6 months later which lead into slow decline.
Hooverfb is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-06-2021, 01:22 AM   #99
bboswell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpepper70 View Post
Growing up with the last name of Pepper, a head shorter than everyone else and not having the luxuries of other kids, I was picked on constantly. I grew up in the "don't start it but you better finish it" world of the 70's-80's and it seemed like all I did was fight. I got my butt kicked multiple times, but not always, and most of the time it was over with me just standing my ground and being willing to fight. There is a natural "pecking" order in all things of this world. Society doesn't let the pecking order play out anymore and we end up with what we have today. I now see my grand kids going through the mess we have and am thankful that my kids are considering home school. Good thread. God bless

Well said!

I had two guys try to bully me in Jr High. I had two weaknesses first I wore a wring that I took off before a fight and second when I got really ****** I cried. Neither of those punks ever pushed far enough for a fight but I never backed down. I still wish to this day I had weighed into both of them but I was raise that I could finish but not start....
bboswell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-06-2021, 06:15 AM   #100
tpepper70
Ten Point

Hunt In: Caldwell co, Frio co

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Totally agree. My oldest son is 29 now. They were doing this when he was in Jr. High. In HS, the coach had boxing head gear and huge/fat boxing gloves. If guys had a prob or couldn't get along, put the gear on, circle around and "work" it out with him being the referee. If they refused, then either the prob was settled or they were kicked out of athletics. Yeah, that got shut down. Great idea that was working, but someone didn't like the fact kids were "fighting" and afraid they'd get hurt. Heck, you could get hurt worse walking. Schools need more of that.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
tpepper70 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top