Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 04-21-2021, 09:29 AM   #1
RyHolub
Six Point

Hunt In: Sonora
Default Do you like chiropractors?

Good Morning GS.

I am halfway through chiropractic school and I am curious to see how people feel about chiropractors/ good and bad experiences/ why you go to them or why you won’t. I know some might just say they’re “quacks” and while I’ve met some, I don’t believe they represent the profession as a whole. If you don’t mind and have the time, give me your take please.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RyHolub is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 09:35 AM   #2
TransPecos
Ten Point

Hunt In: Brown County

I had to go through a bunch of yahoos. One guy chased me into the parking lot trying to sell me his special pillow. I finally found a good old country chiro. $40 for an adjustment, he doesn’t mess with insurance or try to sign me up for a program. Just fixes me when I need fixin'. He’s 69, though. Not sure what I will do when he retires.
TransPecos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 09:37 AM   #3
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range

Good question. My take is they serve a purpose in treating symptoms caused by underlying problems. I have several friends that tell me they have the greatest chiropractor in the world. They go see him once a week and he fixes them up. They will never go address the true root cause of their problem(s). I just shake my head at them. I do think at some point their chiropractor should tell them they need to go get their real problem fixed instead of just soaking them for money each week for years on end.

Good luck to you on your journey and I hope you do great in your chosen profession.
rtp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 09:42 AM   #4
Chief Big Toe
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sparkman,Arkansas

after having Back surgery, in 1989, my then Dr, told me never to go one, as they could very easily cause much more damage, then what you went in there for. I have been tempted, but that Dr planted that seed deep.... my wife had an accident and was sent to a chiropractor and he left her hurting more so then when she went in, so she stopped going and felt much better, of course this all negative, sorry i have nothing positive to say about it.. but you asked good and bad,,,
Chief Big Toe is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 09:43 AM   #5
stickemhard3
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mont. County and Anderson County

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyHolub View Post
Good Morning GS.

I am halfway through chiropractic school and I am curious to see how people feel about chiropractors/ good and bad experiences/ why you go to them or why you won’t. I know some might just say they’re “quacks” and while I’ve met some, I don’t believe they represent the profession as a whole. If you don’t mind and have the time, give me your take please.

Thank you!

Good to great experiences for me. I have had over 6 different bulging discs, tingling in arms/feet, little to no fluid between some discs, and a thinning of the hole in my spine where my spinal cord is housed. I live with daily pain in my back. Without periodic Chiro care I would be in unbearable pain that would impact my day to day life. I know when it's time to go for an adjustment and every time they are able to get me fixed up even though sometimes I will have to make several trips pending how bad I have let things get out of control. Results have varied from better digestion, less headaches, to restored strength in my extremities, and everything in between.

I will say that some outfits just want to run you through any type of PT possible for a money grab so find out what PT works for your or if it is even needed beyond an adjustment. Typically an adjustment once/twice a month with some weight lifting in between works just fine for most.
stickemhard3 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 10:06 AM   #6
Bucknaked
Eight Point

Hunt In: Lavaca , Edwards & Gillespie counties

No! They are only Practitioners and can hurt you very badly! There are a Few good ones out there but finding one of those is a shot in the dark! That’s my humble .02
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 10:07 AM   #7
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Comanche County

We go to the chiropractor often for us and our rodeo horses.
aggie2000tx is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 10:09 AM   #8
gingib
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtp View Post
Good question. My take is they serve a purpose in treating symptoms caused by underlying problems. I have several friends that tell me they have the greatest chiropractor in the world. They go see him once a week and he fixes them up. They will never go address the true root cause of their problem(s). I just shake my head at them. I do think at some point their chiropractor should tell them they need to go get their real problem fixed instead of just soaking them for money each week for years on end.

Good luck to you on your journey and I hope you do great in your chosen profession.
x2

I know 2 good ones very well who are successful.
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 10:19 AM   #9
Mudslinger
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Big Toe View Post
after having Back surgery, in 1989, my then Dr, told me never to go one, as they could very easily cause much more damage, then what you went in there for. I have been tempted, but that Dr planted that seed deep.... my wife had an accident and was sent to a chiropractor and he left her hurting more so then when she went in, so she stopped going and felt much better, of course this all negative, sorry i have nothing positive to say about it.. but you asked good and bad,,,
THIS!

I have seen a few and none really did any good for me, BUT, the last one I saw told me that he could not and would not treat me because of my herniated disc and 2 bulging discs above and below the herniated disc. He flai out told me he could do more harm than good trying to treat me! Honesty!
Mudslinger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 10:20 AM   #10
Go Pokes
Spike

Hunt In: Oklahoma

Have been going to chiropractors for twenty years for lower back pain. I have gone in not able to walk upright and came out strutting. They have done me wonders over the years. I have had some not so good ones that I don't go back to. Have done a lot more for me than doctors that push surgery or pills.
Go Pokes is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 10:22 AM   #11
Pineywoods
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East TX, North TX, & SE Oklahoma

I was scared of them for years, fearful that they would cause damage. Finally,in excruciating pain a couple of years ago I went to one. He was an old school country Chiro that took cash and no insurance. His goal is to not have to see you again. He helped me tremendously and changed my perspective on chiropractors.
Pineywoods is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 10:24 AM   #12
ckamp52
Ten Point

Hunt In: wherever i can

i was having back issues and started going because i could barely walk anymore and it helped but i was unsure of how much. i will say that while that was going on i saw the chart on his wall that said the respiratory area was controlled by i think the C4/5 and my daughter was suffering from bad allergies/respiratory infections. I went through the same thing growing up. She was on antibiotics every other month and i didnt like it. i asked him about it and asked him not to BS me and he said bring her in for a month and if there isnt a difference then you dont owe me a dime. She had just turned 2 at the time and is now 5 and hasnt been sick or to the doctor for anything other than annual check ups. Not sure if it was just coincidence but it seems to have worked for her. she just goes once a month now and i feel its worth it to not be on medicine all the time
ckamp52 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 10:25 AM   #13
kurt68
Ten Point

Hunt In: Waller Co. and Rocksprings and "H"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyHolub View Post
Good Morning GS.

Thank you!

Texas Chiropractic College?
kurt68 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 10:26 AM   #14
diamond10x
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kinney and Bexar counties

Only been to one chiropractor and had a good experience. Full adjustment once a week for 6 weeks straight along with PT and I was back 100%. I’m not saying the chiropractor fixed the problem but it definitely helped speed along recovery, especially in the early stages, with realigning everything.
diamond10x is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 10:27 AM   #15
dirtybay
Six Point

Hunt In: East Texas

All positive for me. Most recent visit - I had slept wrong on pillow and my neck was jacked. Could not move it towards the left. You could feel a knot was there too. 3 treatments later, I was like new again.
dirtybay is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 10:29 AM   #16
RyHolub
Six Point

Hunt In: Sonora

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt68 View Post
Texas Chiropractic College?

Parker University (Parker College of Chiropractic) in Dallas.

RyHolub is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 10:29 AM   #17
tradman
Four Point

Hunt In: Grayson

I have a local chiropractor that is like stated above, a good ol' country boy who is no nonsense. he charges $40, knows my back and problem areas and I go in when I need to get adjusted. He tells me all the time that if I would stretch daily I wouldn't have these issues, but it also doesn't help that I lift pretty heavy in the gym on a daily basis. When I am lifting and notice that my shoulders aren't level I go in, he straightens me out, and I see him again a couple of months later.

This guy doesn't try to upsell me to some weekly plan, as a matter of fact he said if I took better care of my body I would no longer need to come in to see him.
tradman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 10:53 AM   #18
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Pokes View Post
Have been going to chiropractors for twenty years for lower back pain. I have gone in not able to walk upright and came out strutting. They have done me wonders over the years. I have had some not so good ones that I don't go back to. Have done a lot more for me than doctors that push surgery or pills.

So you had an unsuccessful back surgery?

rtp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 10:54 AM   #19
chunkinlead
Eight Point

Hunt In: Mills Co., Garza Co.

I have good experiences with mine. She actually started as a horse chiropractor. May use a little more voodoo than you learn in school, but it might be worth it to you to visit with one about some energy things that they use to help you out.
chunkinlead is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 11:02 AM   #20
curtintex
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tyler County

I can go to one to get my back cracked and feel like a new man. I feel they’re good for adjusting the alignment of your spine. That’s about it. I was on a deer lease with one of these types. Good dude who didn’t try to make chiropractic something it is not.

I know of one that answers their phone “****** Chiropractic and Attorney Referral”. In cahoots with attorneys to get insurance money from auto, comp, etc. Doctor, attorney and patient each get 1/3 of settlement.

I know of another that claimed to be able to cure everything from cancer to bed wetting. He’s dead now.

I know another that told my wife how bad it was that she let our kids eat sugar. So.... every day that she went to see him, she’d stop and get the girls a snow cone to eat in the waiting room!

curtintex is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 11:02 AM   #21
bullhead44
Ten Point

The one I go to from time to time is good. He doesnt try to sell anyone on coming in every week and all that crap. I dont go often, but always feel better when I do. I fell off an apartment building while in college and my back has been jacked up since. My daughter also goes to the same guy. She has scholiosis and is a college VB player. Her back gets pretty out of place and he always fixes her up.
bullhead44 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 11:06 AM   #22
Texastaxi
Pope & Young

Hunt In: now accepting invitations!

I've had bad neck and back problems since a wreck I had almost 3 years ago.
I went to a local chiropractor, and it helped, but didn't last for very long.

I do think what they do helps. I'm not sure if it's a cure all, but I do think it's worth it.

FTR, I still have a love/hate relationship with Andy!
Texastaxi is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 11:07 AM   #23
Burnadell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bee County

Are you studying "non force" chiropractic or the standard crack-your-bones stuff?

I have tried both. The first standard chiropractor helped me immensely, and I trusted him. Sadly he got eaten by a shark while scuba diving. They never found his body; only his weight belt!

I then went to a couple of others, and then went to a "non force" chiro who really helped me. He never tried to get me to come in for 15 weekly sessions; just said call him if I did not get better. He knows his stuff.
Burnadell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 11:08 AM   #24
James Ligon
Six Point

Some of them will jerk you around.
James Ligon is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 11:13 AM   #25
dphillips62
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mission Valley, Victoria, and anywhere else I can sling an arrow

Found a couple that were great they could fix pretty much anything, One passed away the other got in a bit of trouble and lost his practice. I haven't found anyone else to help me since. A little advice for you if and when you open your practice get a good massage therapist and either learn acupuncture or hire somebody that knows it you will be a hit?
dphillips62 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 11:20 AM   #26
JHT
Pope & Young

I wouldn't listen to the haters.
You could post up the same question with "psychiatrist" as the job and you would get plenty of people who would say they would never go to one cause its BS but they come here to spill the beans on problems in their lives asking for advice.

My ex finished up her degree while we were dating. Her first gig was at a rehab clinic. Then she opened up her own practice did very well but our twins came along wrecked that.

I have read the letters from some of her patients. When patients go from being delivered to her office in a wheelchair accessible taxi then eventually driving themselves there is enough proof to see its effectiveness.

Good luck
JHT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 11:29 AM   #27
Bud
Eight Point

I've had nothing but positive experiences with them. Most of the time I only go to them when I really need them. Most people nowadays want to get cured in one visit after hurting for weeks or longer. It doesn't work that way. Yes, you will usually walk out after the first visit in more pain than you came in with, but after a week or two I have always felt great. Just my experiences . Good luck.
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 11:33 AM   #28
GARY
Administrator

Hunt In: Lavaca, Alberta and where ever Aironeout takes me!

I have had major back surgery (L4, L5, S1 Herniations). If/when it flares up I exhaust all options

Physical Therapist - Two good experiences thus far
Acupunture - I have had two good ones
Chiropractor - Two great ones, rest been meh

All have offered me relief, which is all I have ever looked for as I battle this for the rest of my life in trying to avoid a second surgery.

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GARY is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 11:35 AM   #29
wellingtontx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Collingsworth County, Texas

First of all, congrats on your schooling and good luck with your practice. It is a very crowded field in a lot of markets.

Chiros have their place....

IMO and experience - the folks that I know who swear by their regularly chiro payouts/adjustment - my initial advise - no chiro for spinal pain without first having a real medical doctor obtain an MRI.

I have seen too many people manipulated by a chiro who had a herniated disc - yes I get that chrios take X-rays, but you need to make sure there is not something really serious going on if someone is suffering from spinal pain with no resolution from rest and conservative care.

If you truly have a physical problem or suspect you do - uncorrected disc herniation, HNP, nerve compression, cauda equina syndrome, etc - absolutely no chiro treatment without seeing an Ortho.
wellingtontx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 11:37 AM   #30
kingranch
Ten Point

Here's my 2 cents....
I've been on the radiology imaging side of medical for the past 25 yrs.
Now in the right setting a good chiro is very beneficial to recovery and pain relief imo.

What I can't understand for the life of me is how a highly trained medical professional ( chiropractor) will go forward "adjust" someone's cervical or lumbar spine without getting an mri prior to.
I have personally seen dozens of herniated disc and vertebral dissection caused directly by the chiropractor....

Now was the disc on its way out....very likely the reason the pt goes to chiro in first place...but what about conservative treatment before thrusting the neck all about..

Makes zero sense to me.
kingranch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 11:39 AM   #31
Brown County Man
Eight Point

I love mine. Like someone mentioned, i dont see him very often, he never pressures me to sign up or come in every week. I had been to several Dr.s for my neck and most of them wanted to charge lots of money to do their thing. I decided to go to a Chiro and after about 10 sessions the problem has been almost completely gone. I go in a few times a year for an adjustment, but i dont have to take pain pills or any other drug that the Drs. wanted to use. Last time i had an xray for a different problem, the previous neck issue was not even visible anymore. I know there are some quacks out there, but I fully believe most medical problems can be fixed and not just drugged.
Brown County Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 11:40 AM   #32
huntmaster
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Archer County

I wish I could find another good one. I had a good one for 20 yrs but he died at 80+, searched for another and finally found one that helped for 10+yrs but he died. been thru about a half dozen since n can't find a good one. these new ones seem scared to straighten me out. they just push n pull alittle and say write the check
huntmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 11:44 AM   #33
PYBUCK
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Upton County

I have had lower back problems for most of my adult life. Good chiropractors are hard to find now. Most only want to spend 30 seconds with you then go to the next one. The more they see the money they make. When I get a good adjustment it does wonders for me. The touchy feely, thumper ones are a joke and a scam.
When you get your own practice, take the time talk to and evaluate your client instead of running them thru there like cattle.

The only thing worse than a bad chiropractor is any pain management doctors. I went to one for 6 weeks and all he relieved me of was money in my wallet.
PYBUCK is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 01:53 PM   #34
BigL
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Never had a bad experience with a chiro. Works for me when I go.
BigL is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 02:08 PM   #35
Go Pokes
Spike

Hunt In: Oklahoma

Quote:
So you had an unsuccessful back surgery?

Luckily no...but they have recommended me to have a fusion and prescribed enough pain killers and muscle relaxers to kill a horse. Chiropractor was able to fix me up over time. I believe they both serve a purpose. I believe chiropractors focus on the cause and not the symptoms like some doctors do by prescribing pills.
Go Pokes is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 02:12 PM   #36
bps3040
Pope & Young

Hunt In: West Texas, Dryden area, Forestville, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickemhard3 View Post
Good to great experiences for me. I have had over 6 different bulging discs, tingling in arms/feet, little to no fluid between some discs, and a thinning of the hole in my spine where my spinal cord is housed. I live with daily pain in my back. Without periodic Chiro care I would be in unbearable pain that would impact my day to day life. I know when it's time to go for an adjustment and every time they are able to get me fixed up even though sometimes I will have to make several trips pending how bad I have let things get out of control. Results have varied from better digestion, less headaches, to restored strength in my extremities, and everything in between.

I will say that some outfits just want to run you through any type of PT possible for a money grab so find out what PT works for your or if it is even needed beyond an adjustment. Typically an adjustment once/twice a month with some weight lifting in between works just fine for most.
Same here
bps3040 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 02:28 PM   #37
PhotonSlinger
Eight Point

Worked on several patients while I was in the IR lab that were rushed in from the office with strokes and dissected verts, that was enough to scare me. Good luck on your career and congrats on being halfway done.
PhotonSlinger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 02:34 PM   #38
Graysonhogs
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fannin/Grayson/Erath

All good here. Used him a lot more when I played golf. Went to one in high school who'd get me realigned following football games.
Graysonhogs is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 02:36 PM   #39
EliteDriver
Ten Point

Hunt In: Coleman, Ok

I've got mixed opinions...a few years ago, I had a sciatica issue and chiro was the only one that could fix it...and I mean total relief. Then, he tried to song and dance me for 3x per week for x months etc. Once fixed, it never came back and I've been fine.

The other thing that REALLY turned me off was I saw a Chiro adjust a little kid about 3 years old one time and they actually advertised how good it was for the child. That just really soured me....

I think they have their place for some acute issues but when they come up with the treatment plan of a ton of visits, I lose faith in them as I already have a used car....
EliteDriver is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 02:37 PM   #40
BayouCat
Six Point

Hunt In: Gulf Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotonSlinger View Post
Worked on several patients while I was in the IR lab that were rushed in from the office with strokes and dissected verts, that was enough to scare me. Good luck on your career and congrats on being halfway done.
Can't stress this enough if you're looking into cervical adjustments. Have seen this firsthand, unfortunately. Most need to stay away from the cervical region.

Having said that, the well-known, quality chiropractors can be worth their weight in gold and can catch things that some doctors misdiagnose and overlook. A lot of their procedures for muscle repair, tears, etc. are very beneficial. Just wouldn't have one touch my neck.
BayouCat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 02:41 PM   #41
Throwin Darts
Pope & Young

My wife has been seeing a physical therapist for the past 6 weeks after a bad trip to the chiropractors office. She swears she will never go to one again.
Throwin Darts is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 02:50 PM   #42
Jason
Eight Point

Hunt In: Nacogdoches/Rusk County

You asked, so here goes...No. I will never set foot in chiropractors office. Chiropractors are nothing more than massage therapists with enough medical background to be dangerous.

I've personally known 2 chiropractors in my life and they are both sleazy scam artist.

I have 3 close family members that went to chiropractors (not to either of 2 above), all with 3 different issues. None reported good results.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 04:45 PM   #43
Mertzon Man
Pope & Young

Hurt my lower back years ago and nothing seemed to relieve the pain. Went to a chiropractor and after one adjustment I felt 70% better. Went two more times in about three weeks and I was good to go. Glad I went as I never really believed they could help.
Mertzon Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 04:47 PM   #44
Big Lee
Ten Point

Hunt In: Central Texas

No personal experience. A past coworker went to a chiro that did not snap and crack. Not sure what that meant.He swore by it
Big Lee is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 04:49 PM   #45
Native Texan
Ten Point

Hunt In: Polk County

I have nothing but good to say about the chiropractors I have been to....just the opposite of most MD's.

When I was 12 years old I started having bad panic attacks....fear for no reason and felt like I couldn't breathe to the point of vomiting. I missed a lot of school as my Mom took me to different MD's and a psychologist who could find nothing wrong and wanted to prescribe mind altering drugs. She finally took me to a chiropractor who her friend had recommended, and he immediately realized that I had hypoglycemia. He ordered a 7 hour glucose tolerance test, and in the 5th hour my blood sugar dropped to 40. He put me on a sugar free diet and nutrition supplements along with a few months of weekly adjustments. I never had the attacks again, and no blood sugar issues. If Mom had let the MD's give me those drugs I don't I would be here now.

A few years later, my Dad woke up with vertigo and could not stand up. The ambulance took him to the hospital where he spent a week running every test they could think of...and found nothing wrong but sent him home with antibiotics for a supposed ear infection. He was no better than that first morning when Mom took him to the same chiropractor that had helped me...Dr. Jack. He immediately diagnosed Dad as having clogged carotid arteries and put him on a diet and nutrition supplements as well as a few months of weekly visits. Dad improved quickly and stayed on the supplements for many years, never needing MD treatment for clogged arteries. That was about 40 years ago and Dad will be 90 in a few weeks and is still sharp as a tack and able to drive.

When my nephew was in elementary school he was an absolute terror. He was dyslexic, failing every class, frustrated, and completely uncontrollable to the point that the teacher actually locked him in the janitors closet. (He was smart and pulled the hinge pins dropping the door on the principal...lol)
My sister took him to MD's and psychologists who all insisted that he needed to be on Ritalin. Finally she took him to the same chiropractor.
Dr. Jack said that the bones in his skull had not grown properly after the forceps were used when he was born, and applied light pressure with his hands to adjust the skull plates. My nephew says it was like a door opened in his mind and he was a totally different kid!! He shortly became a straight A student and graduated at the top of his class.

When my son was a few years old, he had bad ear infections. Every month my wife took him to a MD for a new round of antibiotics that would work...for a little while. Allergists and ENT's wanted to give him allergy shots and tubes in his ears, but I took him to another good chiropractor. All the rounds of MD prescribed antibiotics had destroyed his gut, messing up his natural immune system and contributing to the allergies. The chiropractor used an acupressure technique called NAET to clear my son of his allergies over a few month time. To this day my son never had another ear infection or allergy issues after his first visit...and that was about 20 years ago.

Three years ago I fell and hit my head at work. I was not hurt too bad, but a few days later I started feeling like I couldn't breathe. Took my blood pressure and it was 250/180 so I went to the ER. About 5 hours later and $97,000 in tests and scans the MD's could find nothing wrong. When they wanted to keep me overnight and put me through a stress test and a heart catheter WHILE MY BP WAS STILL 240/190 I walked out. The next day I went to a chiropractor that my Mom recommended. He immediately told me my high BP was mostly due to whiplash and adjusted my neck vertebrae. Within 15 minutes my BP went from 250/180 to 90/60...just from an adjustment.
Dr. Al told me to cut out salt, gave me some supplements, and said come back in a few weeks. I go see him about every 6 months for an adjustment, still take the nutritional supplements, and my BP is steady at 115/75...without MD prescribed meds.

I could go on with many more accounts of seemingly miraculous results that my friends and family have had with chiropractors. I've been to two over 50 years who were not able to help me, but they did not hurt me. I can't say the same for the FDA approved drug pushers. Seems like every time I go to a MD they never solve the problem and often cause much worse problems.

Good luck with your career as a TRUE HEALER!!
Native Texan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 04:49 PM   #46
Briar Friar
Pope & Young

Quote:

This is my take too for spinal issues.

However...tremendous help in massaging a newborns childs flipped stomach. Truly works to remedy cholickyness, vomiting, increasing amount of breast milk consumption, sleeping through the night. Some newborns need one visit, some need several.

Good luck Holub.

Last edited by Briar Friar; 04-21-2021 at 04:53 PM. Reason: FlippedStomachSpake
Briar Friar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 05:28 PM   #47
WyoBull
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wyoming

If you find a good one they can do wonders for you. I had chiropractic care for many years due to a snowmobile wreck I had when I was young. I don't have to go anymore and I attribute that to great chiropractic care.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
WyoBull is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 05:41 PM   #48
ThisLadyHunts
Ten Point

Hunt In: Austin, Boerne, Wyoming, South America

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtintex View Post
I can go to one to get my back cracked and feel like a new man. I feel they’re good for adjusting the alignment of your spine. That’s about it. I was on a deer lease with one of these types. Good dude who didn’t try to make chiropractic something it is not.

I know of one that answers their phone “****** Chiropractic and Attorney Referral”. In cahoots with attorneys to get insurance money from auto, comp, etc. Doctor, attorney and patient each get 1/3 of settlement.

I know of another that claimed to be able to cure everything from cancer to bed wetting. He’s dead now.

I know another that told my wife how bad it was that she let our kids eat sugar. So.... every day that she went to see him, she’d stop and get the girls a snow cone to eat in the waiting room!

Mrs. Tex seems like my kind of woman, CurtIn!

To the OP, I am somewhat ambivalent regarding the efficacy of chiropractic treatments. I know a lot of people who swear by them but, personally, I've never derived any lasting therapeutic benefit from a treatment. Additionally, I tend to be somewhat science-driven and want to see the data that backs up the claims. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much, though, admittedly, it's been quite a while since I've searched for any.

I feel the same way about acupuncture; unless you can tell me why it works and how it works, I remain skeptical.
ThisLadyHunts is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 05:46 PM   #49
locolobo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Somewhere in TX

Never been to one but the EX loved 'em. 'Course she loved just about any guy who rubbed on her right!
locolobo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 05:49 PM   #50
ThisLadyHunts
Ten Point

Hunt In: Austin, Boerne, Wyoming, South America

After reading through the entirety of this post, I can't help but notice that the death rate among chiropractors seems to be rather high. ????
ThisLadyHunts is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top