No announcement yet.

Crowded Lease and Turkey Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunt from camp while cooking, drinking and laughing at the ones that miss!

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
      I’d put a stop to the “buddy” running and gunning around in a buggy.

In fact, I’d say no guests until the paid hunters get a crack at them first.
      I agree!

Comment

For sure your lease mate with a buddy and the buddy need to hunt together and not from a buggy. If most are hunting feeders and stay in the blind....then the other 3 run and gunners should just pick quadrants and not go into or near the others spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
          I’d put a stop to the “buddy” running and gunning around in a buggy.

In fact, I’d say no guests until the paid hunters get a crack at them first.

This, was a rule that always worked and all understood and accepted

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
            I like it, but I’m not dealing with Turkey hunters. They are more of a Hong hunter that will shoot a Turkey when it comes to their feeder.
            This is a positive thing, those 5 out of 7 guys sitting in stands is awesome because you know where they're at and turkey won't be hitting those feeders until well after leaving the roost. I don't do the lease game anymore, but on public it wouldn't be uncommon to have the same group of birds being chased by multiple parties. The other guys running around on rangers is also good because they're stuck on the roads. Treat this hunt like public and get off the roads on foot before sunup and you're likely to be fine. Turkey are awesome because they're easy to predict where they roost. If you can get a scout in the day before get them located or even after dark go out and make them gobble. Once they're located get walked in near the roost. When you hear them fly the roost start to cluckin. You'll have a bird down before the rangers even turn their engines off and they can run and gun all over the roads while you're cleaning birds.

Comment

the day I drive across tx to shoot at a stanky turkey will beee.....never

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                This is a positive thing, those 5 out of 7 guys sitting in stands is awesome because you know where they're at and turkey won't be hitting those feeders until well after leaving the roost. I don't do the lease game anymore, but on public it wouldn't be uncommon to have the same group of birds being chased by multiple parties. The other guys running around on rangers is also good because they're stuck on the roads. Treat this hunt like public and get off the roads on foot before sunup and you're likely to be fine. Turkey are awesome because they're easy to predict where they roost. If you can get a scout in the day before get them located or even after dark go out and make them gobble. Once they're located get walked in near the roost. When you hear them fly the roost start to cluckin. You'll have a bird down before the rangers even turn their engines off and they can run and gun all over the roads while you're cleaning birds.
                Yeah, this is what I would try to do. This will be my 4th year turkey hunting this lease and the birds have used different roost locations every year. I'm still pondering on what to do. I have some other options as well which make it a difficult decision!

Comment

Working...
                X