A good Generator under $500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monark View Post
    I can't brag enough on my Honda EU 2000. New ones are EU 2200. Quite, sips the fuel & strong enough to run a 5000 BTU window unit. There are dual fuel accessories, extended run accessories. They are around $1000. I have two. The EU 2000 weights around 60 #. Brother has the EU 3000, it's a good one also but I can't lift it to put in a truck.

Forgot to mention, to run delicate electronics, get an invertor type generator.
    Just curious why you couldn't lift the eu 3000. Specs show it to weigh 67 lbs, only 7 lbs more than your eu 2000

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

So far this thing is pretty slick! Cranked on the 3rd pull, starts with the battery, and has a feature to run the fuel line out at cut off. I plugged in my little air compressor and it loaded up fine. I putting together a “genny box” with fuel treatment, spark plug, oil, and the tools that cane with it. Should fit under the cover that came with it.

It’ll be handy to have if nothing else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Nice machine DM. I'm very surprised the running watts is very similar to the starting watts. Only 400 difference. Maybe because it's an inverter type generator? Most of the bigger standard generators or 1,000-1500 difference in starting vs running

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
        Thank you!

Please provide some details, there are at least 15 different Honda Generator models on the first search.
        I stopped here....

You'll want an inverter generator if your wanting to run electronics. Honda makes a great generator.

Or jump to whole house - stay away from generac and run with Kohler or Cummins for the long haul.

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
          Just curious why you couldn't lift the eu 3000. Specs show it to weigh 67 lbs, only 7 lbs more than your eu 2000
          You might wanna look again:

Dry Weight 130.7 lb.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
            Ok good call. The first place I looked it up for sale showed 67 lbs. Obviously a misprint

Comment

my 2 cents. what every you get. get one with a, are can add a fuel shut off valve.

Comment

I ordered this one.

WEN 56380i Super Quiet 3800-Watt Portable Inverter Generator with Fuel Shut-Off and Electric Start https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PTNTRRJ...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Big enough to run my camper, or hook to the house and run some lights/TV/fridge/space heaters.

Dale, I know little about generators. What made you choose that one? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I bought a generac 3600 watt last year off of Amazon for less than $500. It was enough to run 2 electric heaters a TV and microwave.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                    Dale, I know little about generators. What made you choose that one? Thanks!

1. It's big enough to run my camper.
                    2. It's quiet enough to use camping, or at ball tournaments.
                    3. It's 3800 more watts of generator than I had.

If I were going strictly for home backup for last week type stuff, I would go at least twice as large, probably more.

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                      I's heavier that 67 pounds & I have a lot of metal in me from a broke back & neck. The EU 2000 is about all I can lift.

Comment

1. It's big enough to run my camper.

2. It's quiet enough to use camping, or at ball tournaments.

3. It's 3800 more watts of generator than I had.

If I were going strictly for home backup for last week type stuff, I would go at least twice as large, probably more.
                        10-4

Comment

Originally posted by Monark View Post
                          I's heavier that 67 pounds & I have a lot of metal in me from a broke back & neck. The EU 2000 is about all I can lift.
                          Yessir, someone cleared it up for me a few points earlier. When I looked it up it said 67 lbs. Someone posted the specs from Honda website and is way heavier than that. I was just curious because when I first looked up the eu 3000 I thought 67 lbs isn't too bad . Now I know it's a heavy son of a gun. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jay07ag View Post
                            How much gas did you burn in that time frame? Thanks!

Don't know about him but my neighbor let me borrow his after my generator quit on me. I could run it for 10 or 11 hours with a space heater, small fan, and fridge plugged in.

Comment

One big thing to consider, the higher wattage generators are nice but they use a lot of fuel. If you are iced in or have a fuel shortage like we did here it is nice to have a small one for back up that sips fuel.

Comment

Does anybody have any knowledge on the Pulsar duel fuel generators?

Comment

Working...
                                X