Dog Kennel Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dog Kennel Suggestions?

Does anyone have any experience with the welded wire kennels at Tractor Supply like the Tarter or Retriever brand. It’s for a outside Labrador. Most have good reviews but I read a few complaining about rusting our in only a year. Any experience or thoughts?

If you let your dog **** in it, and then halfass hose it out, the pee will make any kennel rust.

Ours are five or six years old with no rust

Comment

I have a priefert. Little more coin than the others. Have had it for 11 years. No issues. I'd buy another. Great product. I also have the shade cover.

Comment

Cool, I’ll check it out

Comment

Originally posted by HTOWN View Post
          I have a priefert. Little more coin than the others. Have had it for 11 years. No issues. I'd buy another. Great product. I also have the shade cover.
          Have a good friend that has had one for at least that long through 3 moves and its still in great shape. It was 2x-3x more initial coat than others but looks nicer and is holding up nicely.

That said, I couldn’t spend that much and picked up a retriever brand on sale at TSC last year. Mine seems to be holding up just fine so far. Coach

Comment

Originally posted by coachmas View Post
            Have a good friend that has had one for at least that long through 3 moves and its still in great shape. It was 2x-3x more initial coat than others but looks nicer and is holding up nicely.

That said, I couldn’t spend that much and picked up a retriever brand on sale at TSC last year. Mine seems to be holding up just fine so far. Coach
            That’s good to hear of the retriever brand, the priefert looks very nice too but may be out of budget at least for now

Comment

Retriever brand is 40 percent off today at tsc...think I'll pick one up for our new lab.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Comment

If you keep the bottom out of the dirt and pee, they won't rust out.

Set it up on concrete pavers so it wont sink in the dirt.
                Or build a wood form like you would for pouring concrete, but fill it with gravel. Set the kennel up on top of the form

Comment

I have 5 kennels made from the Retriever brand and they are great, that’s all that I buy.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
                    If you keep the bottom out of the dirt and pee, they won't rust out.

Set it up on concrete pavers so it wont sink in the dirt.
                    Or build a wood form like you would for pouring concrete, but fill it with gravel. Set the kennel up on top of the form
                    Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by menglert View Post
                      Retriever brand is 40 percent off today at tsc...think I'll pick one up for our new lab.

Where do you see 40% off? Thanks everyone, might running to TSC if they are 40% off

Comment

Originally posted by Kmiles84 View Post
                        Where do you see 40% off? Thanks everyone, might running to TSC if they are 40% off
                        https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...ndary%20Banner

Had an e-mail from tsc this morning...says today only. Here's the link if it will work.

Comment

Originally posted by Kmiles84 View Post

My son works for TSC and called just to ask if we needed another and that they were 40% off.

Comment

It looks like it’s the small kennel crates but will give them a call

Comment

Working...
                            X