Backcountry Boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backcountry Boot

Looking for some opinions here on a boot to put on the Christmas list! I did a search and found some good info, but wanted to get specific here.

Hopefully the stars will align next year and I'll get to go on my first backcountry bow hunt for elk. As I gear up, I feel my first priority should be boots. What are some of you guys running for September hunts? I figure something that would be relatively easy to get off to stalk in closer. Durable, comfortable, etc.

What all should I be considering?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Just went through this. Ended up buying schnee evos. I sent the first pair back to change sizes. I'm seriously hoping the second pair fits. I dont want to be out 40 bucks in shipping for boots I don't like

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Kennetrek are great boots.

Comment

I've heard great things about Crispi boots, not sure I would drop that much on some boot though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornfan View Post
          Kennetrek are great boots.
          Any particular style for the application described above?
          Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
          I've heard great things about Crispi boots, not sure I would drop that much on some boot though.
          Yeah those are pricey!

Comment

You need to find a place that has them and try em on or some place with an awesome return policy. The best boot for you is the one that fits and is comfortable and still gives you everything you're looking for. If you dont mind spending the coin. Look into Lathrop and sons custom boot fitting. Me personally I've been rocking 1 pair of soloman quest 4ds for 3 elk season's and tons of off season stuff. They're starting to fall apart now. But they fit me and are pretty cheap. Relatively. But I'd never say they're the best boot. Just one that got the job done for me at a good price

Comment

Kenetrek Mountain Extremes for me

Comment

Like my Lowa Renegades.

Comment

I run Kenetrek Mountain Extremes as well, but you really need to find a place and try on a bunch of boots. All of our feet are different, so what I like might not fit your foot very well. I like a stiff boot with ankle support. Go see what fits you best

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                    I run Kenetrek Mountain Extremes as well, but you really need to find a place and try on a bunch of boots. All of our feet are different, so what I like might not fit your foot very well. I like a stiff boot with ankle support. Go see what fits you best
                    This. When it comes to true hunting boots each brand has a different style fit for different people. I tried kennetreks, crispi, and schnees. Schnees beartooth’s fit my feet the best. These type of boots are expensive but your feet will thank you in the long run and you will be happy with whatever you eventually choose.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                      This. When it comes to true hunting boots each brand has a different style fit for different people. I tried kennetreks, crispi, and schnees. Schnees beartooth’s fit my feet the best. These type of boots are expensive but your feet will thank you in the long run and you will be happy with whatever you eventually choose.
                      True !
                      On a September elk hunt in Trinidad Colorado
                      I used Merrill Moab water proofs, $160 very nice boot
                      Had a backup pair of Irish setters in case , never used them
                      Have used both on desert mule deer and pronghorn, audaud
                      ( they fit my budget and my feet well)
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 11-23-2019, 05:12 PM.

Comment

I don't even know who carries Schnees or Kennetreks. I've never seen them on a shelf

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                          I don't even know who carries Schnees or Kennetreks. I've never seen them on a shelf

Orvis in Austin might have some
                          Attached Files

Comment

I’ll make you a real good deal on this boot. I got the other one too, but the price will be double. Pm if interested, I’ll make some space in my inbox. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I love my Solomon’s so much I’m wearing them now. Matter of fact I wear them all the time!!

Comment

Working...
                              X