GM 5.3L Vs. 6.2L...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mambajeep View Post

I agree with you on that, but these guys not wanting spend the money on the engines are talking about the $200 pucks not a $1300 kit plus install

That’s a fact, Jack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by TreyRo View Post
      My 15 has the 8 speed and it’s terrible. I’m just living with it because I don’t want to swap trucks right now but it’s the worst transmission I’ve ever had. My 2011 with the 6.2 and the 6 speed was excellent. Zero complaints. I drove a buddies 10 speed Denali a few weeks ago to the coast and it was very nice.
      Your 15 has the 6.2 and the 8 speed right? Was that the first year of the 8 speed?

Comment

Originally posted by Mambajeep View Post

I agree with you on that, but these guys not wanting spend the money on the engines are talking about the $200 pucks not a $1300 kit plus install
        The other variable is some guys run a 1" level, others stick 3" in front. For 1" of lift, a puck may work. For 3", you are for sure going to tear stuff up fast.

Comment

I'm liking my 6.2 High Country more everyday. Gas mileage around town is as good as my old 5.3 Silverado. The 10 speed shifts so smooth you can barely feel of hear it unless you are getting heavy on the pedal. Headed to the deer lease today so I will get me some highway MPG for about 600 miles and see what she does. I will be tickled with 19-20 considering how fast I will be running
          Oh and these 6.2's are danged near hot rods when it comes to acceleration. Pretty sure this thing will almost if not hit the speed limiter in a standing 1/4 mile run.

Comment

Now, about them Dodges. Driving a Dodge is like picking up a fat ugly chick out of the bar at closing time. You might do it but you sure don't want anyone seeing you.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
              Now, about them Dodges. Driving a Dodge is like picking up a fat ugly chick out of the bar at closing time. You might do it but you sure don't want anyone seeing you.

Since this is a gas thread we gonna let that one slide

But I did have a bow tie boy say that 5.7 had some pep!!! [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
                Since this is a gas thread we gonna let that one slide

But I did have a bow tie boy say that 5.7 had some pep!!! [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

The 5.7 moves pretty good. Gets you to the side of the road real quick so you can wait on that tow truck

Comment

^^^ my wifes is the 2019 with the 10 speed

Comment

Originally posted by tx03rubi View Post
                    the 5.7 moves pretty good. Gets you to the side of the road real quick so you can wait on that tow truck :d
                    lol!!!

Comment

Fuel mileage update on the 6.2 Silverado HC
                      Running 75-85 out to Sterling County and back this past weekend.
                      Pretty much dead on with what is advertised for that motor and transmission/rear end gear ratio. All but about 25 miles were highway touring mode and DFM turned on.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Had a 08 1/2 ext cab. Put 197,*** miles on it. no issues.

Have a 18 crew cab with 42,*** miles.

Both z71 with 5.3. 08 had 3.73 and this truck has 3.55 I believe.

Get 21 or 22 hand calculated on highway in Louisiana and 19-20 in Texas. Interstate 10. That was stock. Now have slightly bigger tires. Get 17-18 headed to junction loaded with stuff in bed. Towing 22' trailer with stuff on it got horrible mileage going to Junction. Maybe 9 or 10.

I would still buy the 5.3 with the least amount of gears available. If I didn't tow, I would buy a 6.2 for the fun factor. The 5.3 is a proven powerplant.

Comment

What’s the highway mileage looking like and what size tires y’all running?

2019 6.2L denali xl on stock 32s w/ adaptive cruise @ 81 mph, 86 octane, 18.9 mpg hwy roundtrip

Comment

Well I went middle of the road and got a 2020 Trail boss, 5.3L but a 10 speed transmission

Comment

Well I went middle of the road and got a 2020 Trail boss, 5.3L but a 10 speed transmission

Probably getting same truck. You like it ?

Comment

Originally posted by laredoarcher View Post
                                Probably getting same truck. You like it ?

My little Kiowa mare has been great so far, from Montana too the east coast I get good MPG on the highway (19-19.5) and the off road capability is there. I don’t really care it came with 4ply tires but it’ll have 8ply when new shoes are due

Comment

Working...
                                X