No announcement yet.

Fishing Fork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I fished fork for years, 1/2 oz. black and blue jig and pork, start at dark and fish till 2am.(never caught much after that) Throw to the bank and work the first drop staging area. Like other post find a good area and stay there, just keep telling yourself these fish have seen everything. Good luck, not what it used to be but I still miss it.

Comment

Glade, Back of Birch, Dale, etc... these are community spots, but they do produce on a regular basis. After that, you have to just start searching and try and figure something out.

Comment

I quit bass fishing it few years back. It’s a pain in the neck to compete with all the boats. It has changed into my favorite crappie fishing lake in Texas now! They’ll be all in the cattails and shallow vegetation while you’re there. Buy some minnows and jigs and go to town. You’ll catch plenty of those stupid green fish while you’re at it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Fork will be crowded that time of year for sure. Fish Texas rig weightless senko watermelon red, white chatterbait and id go blue black craw. Like stated above prob fish water 8ft or less and don't be afraid to throw up on the bank. Good luck be careful out there

Comment

A lot depends on what the weather does from now until your trip. That time of year you have per-spawn and spawning fish.

Main lake points & secondary points leading into spawning flats with shell beds and wind blown can be excellent.

Creek channels, especially at the bends or intersections can be excellent.

Find the grass or shell beds and you usually find the bass.

Comment

Stumps, Stumps, and more stumps, nothing like speeding across when BOOM, Stump... like for the Crappie, myself.... good luck!

Comment

Hire a guide is best tip I have .Been on that lake 6 times all with a guide . We fished that time of year and usually fished secondary creek channels With Carolina rigs . Are fished black and blue jigs on the timber near the creek channels on the flats were they came up staging getting ready to spawn . If the weather is cold they hold tight on the hard woods . So put the jigs right in the middle of it and hold on . But caught most of the fish Carolina rigging the channels.

Comment

Lots of good advice. It's been several years since I've been out there, but Fork is a fickle beast but loves hard!
                  I spent a lot of time on the water and I've blanked more times than I'd like to admit.
                  However, I've also had some of my best days on that lake.
                  As mentioned, this time of year I used to use white chatter/spinnerbaits, dark soft plastics and jigs in less than 10' of water, and fish it SLOW and ALL THE WAY BACK!
                  Tons of traffic, lots of clowns, but can be lots of fun.
                  Fish Birch and east, don't go up to Garrett and Elm. White Oak, Mustang, Ray Branch, Glade, etc.

Comment

Getting closer

Comment

Well it’s been a rough couple of days. Tough conditions cold water and now the wind. We’ve managed to pick up a few little ones but it’s been a great getaway.

Comment

Did you end up with a guide or doing it on own? I went several years ago with a guide and got into some good fish in deep water in May. Good luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by mdnabors View Post
                          Did you end up with a guide or doing it on own? I went several years ago with a guide and got into some good fish in deep water in May. Good luck!!

Both. We went out with a guide on Thursday afternoon fishing was tough. Wasn’t for lack of trying that we didn’t catch any.

Comment

Working...
                          X