Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, that didn't go as planned! At least nobody got hurt.... yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope you get it all worked out. Safes are no joke.
    I see a Axis hide or some leather hanging over the dented corner in the near future. To not have a constant reminder of the safe falling. Good luck with the Bobcat and the safe.

Comment

Mine weighs 1350# empty

Money I paid to have it delivered was well spent

OP, glad you didn't get hurt

They used 1x6 with neoprene on the bottom to protect floor and a strip of Teflon for a runner on top. Used about 8 of these to "lay down tracks" and it moved very easy with 2 guys
      Drop deck trailer like the rental place uses to haul scissor lift for getting it here

Comment

God no one was hurt. Those suckers are heavy.

Comment

Can't help with getting it over door jambs and such, but furniture sliders under each corner and you can drive it like a grocery cart. That's how I moved my last one. My son and I unloaded it off a ramped trailer on a kids red wagon by laying it down. I didn't know at the time that you aren't supposed to do that. Once we got it upright again, the furniture sliders took it to my "gun room". No problems with the lock after laying it down, but I probably wouldn't do it again.

Comment

Hope it didn't have the glass rods in the doors.

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
              Hope it didn't have the glass rods in the doors.
              Nah, it seems fine. It's not a high dollar safe, technically, defined as residential security container, giant safe for $1150.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, that didn't go as planned! At least nobody got hurt.... yet.

mine weighs 1100# empty and pay 250 for them to pickup and drop off in place. Money well spent. Glad nobody was hurt, stay safe getting in the position and bolting it down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Last edited by bmac; 01-20-2019, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
                  mine weighs 1100# empty and pay 250 from them to pickup and drop off in place. Money well spent. Glad nobody was hurt, stay safe getting in the position and bolting it down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Same here. It was well worth the 200.00. I have two 80 gun safes and could never imagine moving them myself.

Comment

Originally posted by BUCKSTAR View Post
                    3/4 pvc makes great rollers
                    I unloaded this refrigerator from my trailer (with a ramp) and put into place with 3/4" PVC pipe and it wasn't too bad. Although it is big, I think that gun safe weighs more than my refrigerator.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Those that are looking at hiring movers please do your homework on them and th company.Gentelman here in Georgetown hired some folks that came back later and tied him up and robbed him. There was more to the story i believ but it started with the movers moving his safe. Op praise God y’all were not under it, good luck on the rest of the move.

Comment

We got her in. A bit scarred up but everything works. Should have borrowed the bobcat from the start.

Comment

Make for good stories when somebody asks what happened

Comment

Crap

Comment

Figured I'd repaint it with bedliner paint, then put stickers on it.

Comment

Originally posted by txfireguy2003 View Post
                                Figured I'd repaint it with bedliner paint, then put stickers on it.

That’s what I was going to say!
                                Just paint it up it will look great.

Comment

Working...
                                X