X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ladder stand or lock on

What's yall preference?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Ladder simply because I can take one down and move it in about 15 minutes.

Comment

Yup! When i do climb it's a ladder.
      Originally posted by DedDuk View Post
      Ladder simply because I can take one down and move it in about 15 minutes.

Comment

Lock on

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I really enjoy my loc-on stand. Chair swivels and provides me four shooting lanes. I have it 17’ up in an oak tree. I actually use a ten foot ladder stand to climb the first section to it.

Comment

Ladder stand here. I prefer over 15ft. My favorite is one that was custom built with a swivel seat about 17-18ft

Comment

Lock on or climber. I got 5 lock on up and 4 climbers. Ladder stands are just to hard for me to put up alone.

Comment

2 man ladder stands. The extra room is always welcome for gear and additional clothes and a you can have another with you if you wish. You can add gun rails and skirt the stand in camo. For older guys, the climbing is better than dealing with straight up strap to tree steps.

Comment

Yes, both. If I can get a ladder stand up and conceal it just right, I prefer a ladder. A lot of the time you're cover is limited, so lock-ons are better for being able to adjust to find the right height for cover.

Comment

Whichever, it needs to have a swivel chair to be able to SILENTLY with little movement be able to position yourself for the shot.

Comment

I prefer a lock on, but I haven’t hunted out of a ladder stand in years. I guarantee I can throw a lock on up faster than a ladder stand can be put up.

Comment

Ladder. Can’t stand lock ons.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                          Ladder. Can’t stand lock ons.
                          ^^^ this right here.

Comment

Ladder stands. I’m too big to trust lock ons

Comment

Lock on stands. Have 12 at last count with either 20ft sticks or a combination of Hawk or Muddy steps. With a good harness and climbers belt I can throw one up pretty quick and silently. I use some ladders two, maybe have 5 or so. Anything over 15’ is pretty difficult to set up alone. Both have their positives and negatives and won’t pass up a good sale on either.

Comment

Working...
                              X