Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 10-18-2020, 08:12 AM   #1
hully1029
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Public
Default Incredibly frustrated

I know, I know... that's why it's called "hunting, not killing." My boy, 10, and I have hunted together several times. He wants nothing more than to have just an opportunity at shooting.. we are on our 3rd sit at a buddies house this weekend and here we are, again, about to have to leave and I'm having to talk to him about how we cant predict movement, weather, etc.. it's the same story, over and over and over and over..

Hell, just yesterday he said "maybe I'm just bad luck." Do you have any idea how ****ing heartbreaking that is to hear?

I understand he needs to be taught patience and understanding, but dang.. hes been patient enough.

Sorry for the rant.. I just had to get that out..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
hully1029 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2020, 08:20 AM   #2
Pineywoods
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East TX, North TX, & SE Oklahoma

That is frustrating when you're trying to put a kid on an animal and it's just not happening. Persistence pays off and his reward will be that much sweeter when it didn't come easy.
Pineywoods is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2020, 08:23 AM   #3
HeyMikey
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brazoria County & South Africa
Default Incredibly frustrated

Stay at it..... The most uneventful hunt in the world can turn into the hunt of a lifetime, in mere seconds. Best of luck to you both.
HeyMikey is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2020, 08:24 AM   #4
deerwatcher51
Ten Point

Hunt In: Richland Springs & Washington on the Brazos

Sounds like you are hunting an area where there are some but not a lot of deer. I did that growing up and realized it takes time in the blind and you are not going to see anything most of the time. Hang in there and it will happen, a corn feeder would probably help.
deerwatcher51 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2020, 08:25 AM   #5
Texas8point
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Buffalo and Juno, Texas

No I get it. Did the same thing with mine. 3 yrs in the making and he finally got a deer (5pt).

He’ll get one and it will mean that much more to you both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Texas8point is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2020, 08:26 AM   #6
Snowflake Killa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas

He will be fine. I grew up in east Texas do I need to say more. Go shoot a squirrel get that monkey off his back

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Snowflake Killa is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2020, 08:26 AM   #7
sambo73
Pope & Young

Hunt In: van zandt cty

Its tough for sure. Hang in there

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
sambo73 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2020, 08:26 AM   #8
Cratus
Eight Point

It took me 5 years of hunting before I shot my first deer after so many sits. We all should share our longest dry spells on here and have your boy read through it.

Happens to the best of us.
Cratus is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2020, 08:26 AM   #9
Trapper76
Six Point

That’s a tough one. I think all you can do is keep his spirits up, let him know that’s hunting!
Trapper76 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2020, 08:36 AM   #10
low_tec
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lampasas County

Well tell him we are not seeing anything over here either
low_tec is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2020, 08:36 AM   #11
engnman
Eight Point

Hunt In: Whitney

I am a Huntmaster with Texas Youth Hunting Program and we are always looking for kids that want to hunt but don't have the needed place or experience to. Go to TYHP.org and call the office they can tell you about the program and get you signed up. The web site is under going a redo and can be confusing.Pm me if you would like and we can talk.
engnman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2020, 08:41 AM   #12
hully1029
Pope & Young

I appreciate everyone's comments.. I think it helps me more than him.. lol..
Quote:
Originally Posted by engnman View Post
I am a Huntmaster with Texas Youth Hunting Program and we are always looking for kids that want to hunt but don't have the needed place or experience to. Go to TYHP.org and call the office they can tell you about the program and get you signed up. The web site is under going a redo and can be confusing.Pm me if you would like and we can talk.
I've applied for one on the link from the facebook page.. cooper, I think.. but didnt hear anything back.. thought it was a draw thing.

Old 10-18-2020, 08:48 AM   #13
bigjohntex
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kaufman county

Patience is easy to say, yet so hard to teach. Sounds like he is learning. It will make you both appreciate it more when it happens. It's hard to comprehend that as a child and even a parent at times.
My daughter is close to 30 years old and struggling with not killing an animal for several years.
bigjohntex is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2020, 08:55 AM   #14
bow newby
Four Point

Take him on a doe hunt over Christmas break? I was in same situation with my nephew. He finally saw deer and took his first doe. This was 6 years ago and the fire is still going. Shoot me a pm and I can give you info on a reasonable doe hunt.
bow newby is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2020, 09:04 AM   #15
ByronB
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyMikey View Post
Stay at it..... The most uneventful hunt in the world can turn into the hunt of a lifetime, in mere seconds. Best of luck to you both.
This^^^^^......For perspective....My son began sitting with me in ground blinds nine days before his 3rd Birthday. He has Bow hunted with me ever since. He is now 24 and is a successful Archer in his own right. In those last 21 years we have been on Archery only leases and still are to this day. He has shot a handful of animals with a rifle at a buddies place in Junction over the years. At heart he is a Bow Hunter. We have seen our share of challenges and frustrations. You and your son will have frustrations down the road as well. You are right....it is hunting. If this was easy (Bow Hunting or Hunting of any sort ) everyone would do it. They need to understand this at an early age there will always be a challenge to what we do. The less the challenge it is, the less fun it becomes. Keep him motivated through shooting a bow, target practice, etc. Heck, a large acorn crop like last year can crush even an adults spirit. Keep at it with him!!
ByronB is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2020, 09:08 AM   #16
Smart
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green County

It'll come....instant gratification and it coming easy makes it less appreciated.

Time to go look for a place to kill pigs.
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2020, 09:30 AM   #17
Mike D
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Haskell County, TX

We are spoiled hunting in Texas. Growing up and hunting Mississippi and Louisiana we would sometime go full seasons without a shot opportunity.

Enjoy the time with your son. None of us are guaranteed tomorrow. I lost my Dad when I was 23. What I wouldn’t do just to be able to sit in the blind with him, game seen be ****ed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2020, 10:13 AM   #18
Burnadell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bee County

Quote:
Originally Posted by hully1029 View Post
I know, I know... that's why it's called "hunting, not killing." My boy, 10, and I have hunted together several times. He wants nothing more than to have just an opportunity at shooting.. we are on our 3rd sit at a buddies house this weekend and here we are, again, about to have to leave and I'm having to talk to him about how we cant predict movement, weather, etc.. it's the same story, over and over and over and over..

Hell, just yesterday he said "maybe I'm just bad luck." Do you have any idea how ****ing heartbreaking that is to hear?

I understand he needs to be taught patience and understanding, but dang.. hes been patient enough.

Sorry for the rant.. I just had to get that out..

Perhaps if you would go sit in a stand you might get more opportunities.

Is this the only year, or did you go blank last year also? As otheres have said, and you know this, it takes patience. His time will come, and you know that also. When it does, it will mean all the more to him...and you. Just stay at it...and get out of your buddy's house and into the woods!
Burnadell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2020, 10:17 AM   #19
kruppa24
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Concho

Guess I’m bad luck also, lol, I haven’t killed in 4 years.
kruppa24 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2020, 10:21 AM   #20
2Lazy2P
Ten Point

Hunt In: NE Texas/SE Oklahoma

It’s tough for sure. I’ve hunted the same area since I was old enough to tag along with my dad. When I was young, if you saw a buck you better shoot it, there just weren’t many opportunities. Now, hunting the same general location, we see deer almost every sit. I guess we just have more deer now some 25-30 years later. I tell my son all the time how lucky he is to see lots of deer, and how different it is now from when I was young.
2Lazy2P is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2020, 10:36 AM   #21
Big pig
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Goliad and Leon Co.

I can tell you my two kids had quick success and neither are passionate hunters now. I think it was too easy.
I grew up never having much luck on marginal leases. But dad kept hauling me and it made me appreciate our successes more
I would suggest more squirrels, doves and pigs.

Good luck

BP
Big pig is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2020, 10:50 AM   #22
RascalArms
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
He will be fine. I grew up in east Texas do I need to say more. Go shoot a squirrel get that monkey off his back

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
^^^This^^^

Make it fun in camp, let him shoot guns or arrows at paper targets, small game, pigs, birds, etc. Like Snowflake I did the same in East Tx....seeing a deer was uncommon on majority of hunts so it was much more impactful when you actually did. I have to agree that kids or newbies in general having easy, quick success will most likely not appreciate the sport.

Make him earn it....he will be better for it in the end trust me.
RascalArms is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2020, 10:55 AM   #23
Whale
Ten Point

Hunt In: Grayson & Red River Co.

It is frustrating, been there as well. Good luck, it will happen. Hopefully soon.
Whale is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2020, 11:05 AM   #24
SRK14
Six Point

Hunt In: Cass, miller

I bow hunted 4 years before I shot the first arrow.. and it was a clean miss. Finally got another opportunity 3 years later and it was a kill. Like someone mentioned, maybe go do some squirrel hunting for a change while you put together a honey hole for him. When I was young I diddint have an option. Dad pretty much made me go with him.
SRK14 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2020, 11:12 AM   #25
Mexico
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Old Mexico, Centerville Tx

It'll come together! My daughter and I hunted my dad's place in Centerville 3 youth seasons straight with a few other weekends mixed and we never shot notta. Saw some activity but just couldn't make it happen.

That 4th year, on Sunday morning before we went home she wanted to sleep in, I told her let's keep grinding and what a memorable morning it was as she connected on a beautiful 8 point.

Hang in there and continued luck for the little man!
Mexico is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2020, 11:40 AM   #26
ETX-Deerslayer
Ten Point

Hunt In: Harrison county, Irion County, Gregg, Bowie, Cass, Upshur counties TX and Arkansas

Hang in there. As others have said the wait makes the end result that much sweeter. I know it’s tough on the little man, but keep at it. And by the way..... great job dad getting him in the outdoors. Kudos to you sir.

ETX-Deerslayer is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2020, 12:09 PM   #27
Six Point

As someone with a 14yr old who has killed his fair share, he’s also been skunked on a ton of public and private hunts. I think it makes them a better hunter, and appreciative of what the do get later on.
999 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2020, 12:15 PM   #28
eliteweldingco
Ten Point

Hunt In: grayson, atoka

It works out better for some. I dunno. I’m your kid at age 38
eliteweldingco is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2020, 12:23 PM   #29
Fishndude
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mason, Ellis and Dimmit counties

Maybe try hunting past 8:12 am?
Fishndude is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2020, 01:49 PM   #30
RedBear78
Four Point

Hunt In: Warren,Sourlake,Angelina forest

I started sitting in my own stand at about 10 we hunted shot out public land in La typically it was buck only.I didn’t kills deer until I was 15 a nice 8 pt.That was one of the best feelings in the world. My dad drove me around showing it off to family.I hope y’all don’t have to wait that long.Wow those were some long sits for a kid but it finally paid off and I love to hunt.I have a 12 year old step son with light autism we get about a hour and a half sit then he just can’t stand it.I got him on a couple doe last year he missed because he was shaking so much from buck fever.It was really cool to hear his heart beating so fast and see him so excited.Hopefully I can get him on a deer and seal the deal this youth season.Yall hang in there hats off to you sharing the outdoors with your kid it’s a gift from God.
RedBear78 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2020, 03:01 PM   #31
Trumpkin
Eight Point

Hunt In: Sore Finger!!!

If it makes your kid feel better, It's been ~65 hunts since my last bow kill on anything bigger than a squirrel.
Trumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2020, 03:51 PM   #32
unclefish
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Central TX, Elk in NM

Tell him to hang in there.

You can up your chances by taking him when its not 88 degrees with south winds. Take him the day after a cold front...closer to the rut....kids burn out quickly when its not deal hunting conditions.

What did your trail cams show you about that spot....have they been coming in before then? If I was trying to get a kid his first deer I would make sure something was coming in regularly.
unclefish is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2020, 04:19 PM   #33
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range

3 whole sits, huh? Man that was just a few grains of sand in the hour glass of my start to whitetail hunting. Our society is so used to instant gratification these days. Both of my sons are grown now and they were able to hunt great places when they started out because I was on great leases. They saw deer every time, they could have shot a buck every time. I think it ruined them. Neither one of them care for deer hunting. I think neither of them have any enthusiam for it because I didnt teach them to hunt but instead what I actually taught them was how to kill. I should have started them on small game like I started out hunting. They both love fishing and bird hunting so at least I have that to do with them.
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2020, 04:28 PM   #34
hpdrifter
Ten Point

Hunt In: anywhere I can

The last time I sprung for a lease(San Saba) was so my son could see deer and have a good chance of shooting one. He got a nice 7 point, a doe, and I got a doe.

We see a few deer here and there when we go to the NF, but it's not quite like Central Texas.

Good luck and I hope he hangs in there and the patience grows and becomes fruitful.
hpdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2020, 05:50 PM   #35
hully1029
Pope & Young

My boy and I really appreciate all the positive feedback. Made me take a step back and realize even though he hadn't shot anything, we still are way better off than alot of people. At least we have the opportunity to spend some quality time with each other, even though a trigger isnt pulled..

And just to clarify some things I've seen through the thread. He didnt start sitting with me just this year. I bet hes had 30+ sits over the last 3 years with me. I only get my kiddos every other weekend, so my opportunity to take them is already cut by half from the start. Only reason we left early today is due to needing to get back home so the wife could work tonight. Our usual sits are from hour before day until around 1030-11 and then from around 4p- dark, so hours are there. I had a lease last year and I connected, but was unable to reup on the lease due to financial reasons. I'm hunting public land this year and invites when there.

I've got some PM's and looking like an opportunity may present itself. Thank you all again for the positive feedback, as it was needed today.

Old 10-18-2020, 07:42 PM   #36
sambo73
Pope & Young

Hunt In: van zandt cty

Quote:
My boy and I really appreciate all the positive feedback. Made me take a step back and realize even though he hadn't shot anything, we still are way better off than alot of people. At least we have the opportunity to spend some quality time with each other, even though a trigger isnt pulled..

And just to clarify some things I've seen through the thread. He didnt start sitting with me just this year. I bet hes had 30+ sits over the last 3 years with me. I only get my kiddos every other weekend, so my opportunity to take them is already cut by half from the start. Only reason we left early today is due to needing to get back home so the wife could work tonight. Our usual sits are from hour before day until around 1030-11 and then from around 4p- dark, so hours are there. I had a lease last year and I connected, but was unable to reup on the lease due to financial reasons. I'm hunting public land this year and invites when there.

I've got some PM's and looking like an opportunity may present itself. Thank you all again for the positive feedback, as it was needed today.

And he thinks yall are just hunting! Good job dad taking him. It means more to him than you will ever know.!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
sambo73 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2020, 09:06 PM   #37
DRT
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jones County and Missouri

I know parents who's sons only want to go "shoot" a deer. Not be there to work on the other stuff, hang out around a camp fire and enjoy the rest of what hunting and the outdoors is.
Moat of that comes when kids go out, see the doe, shoot the doe and there was nothing to earn it. Too quick and easy is t always the best.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
DRT is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2020, 09:32 PM   #38
mikemorvan
Pope & Young

Hunt In: vetements noirs

Maybe this will help, i hope so~

I'm 63, i've been hunting with a bow since i was a kid. I killed many a possum and coon, tons of bullfrogs, bunches of cans, on and on. I got into archery deer hunting when i was about 30. I've drawn a bow on a deer 4 times. I've had opportunities. Sometimes i didn't shoot because the shot wasn't right, sometimes it was too late, sometimes this, sometimes that. But, i've let arrows fly at four, count 'em four, deer in my life. I hit one doe that i never found. I shot at one buck and nothing but fur on a fletching. Last season i drew on a cull buck but was shaking so bad i couldn't shoot. I told myself it was because i was freezing, which i was.

But, i wasn't sure. Had i lost my nerve? Did i get "the fever"?

Well, yesterday morning it finally happened. I connected on an old, HEAVY, 8 pt. My FIRST archery deer kill. Yes, i am thrilled beyond belief. The antlers are nothing to write home about. The accomplishment is. Tell your son that perseverance pays, and to stay after it.

BTW - I really hope he doesn't have as long a wait as i did. That part does blow. But we all have different journeys.
Attached Images

mikemorvan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2020, 09:34 PM   #39
Rubi513
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Walker County

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemorvan View Post

I'm 63, i've been hunting with a bow since i was a kid. I killed many a possum and coon, tons of bullfrogs, bunches of cans, on and on. I got into archery deer hunting when i was about 30. I've drawn a bow on a deer 4 times. I've had opportunities. Sometimes i didn't shoot because the shot wasn't right, sometimes it was too late, sometimes this, sometimes that. But, i've let arrows fly at four, count 'em four, deer in my life. I hit one doe that i never found. I shot at one buck and nothing but fur on a fletching. Last season i drew on a cull buck but was shaking so bad i couldn't shoot. I told myself it was because i was freezing, which i was.

Well, yesterday morning it finally happened. I connected on an old, HEAVY, 8 pt. My FIRST archery deer kill. Yes, i am thrilled beyond belief. The antlers are nothing to write home about. The accomplishment is. Tell your son that perseverance pays, and to stay after it.

BTW - I really hope he doesn't have as long a wait as i did. That part does blow. But we all have different journeys.
Nice!
Congrats!
Rubi513 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2020, 09:57 PM   #40
Burnadell
Pope & Young

Quote:

Keep at it. It will happen.
Old 10-18-2020, 09:58 PM   #41
Burnadell
Pope & Young

Quote:

You broke the seal! Congratulations! It's a great feeling when it all comes together!
Old 10-18-2020, 10:29 PM   #42
1riot1ranger
Eight Point

Hunt In: Gillespie County

I had the same things happen with my kids. I always told them it was a fun weekend outdoors and shooting something meant it was over and time to go to work. They (we) spent lots of time outdoors without shooting anything. They are grown today and still love to hunt. Interesting, they are very picky about pulling the trigger

Last edited by 1riot1ranger; 10-18-2020 at 10:31 PM. Reason: spelin corkectshun
1riot1ranger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2020, 10:37 PM   #43
justletmein
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Public lands

If it's easy it won't have hardly any value. Better to have to work for it.
justletmein is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2020, 10:41 PM   #44
SmTx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jim Wells

I thought this thread was going to be about the Texans going for 2 when the extra point would've won it.
SmTx is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2020, 11:25 PM   #45
Prairieboy
Spike

Hunt In: Houston & Liberty

As with a lot of others I've hunted east Tx all my life. From before I can remember until I was 18 we were on a lease in the river bottom of Liberty County, a lot of that time was a one buck county. I killed my first deer(doe) on a friends grandparents place in Kerrville when I was 12(I think- been a minute) , I didn't kill my first buck(small 7 point) until I was 16 on that river bottom lease. My dad hauled me to that lease every available weekend and a lot of evening hunts and we went seasons without seeing a deer we could shoot at but we hunted hogs, squirrels, rabbits and coons regularly. I know now that was to keep me interested and help me feel accomplished by putting some food on the table for us and probably more importantly for others. Some of my best times as a kid were at that lease and I could never thank him enough for all the time spent in the woods whether we saw anything or not. That first little buck still holds a special place in my memory because I hunted my tail off to get that deer and thats when all those hours,days,seasons of seeing nothing were all worth it. Everyone one at the lease that day came around patting me on the back a high fiving like I had killed a 180" b&c buck and that was an important and had more of an impact than I would have imagined. I've kill many deer since then and every time I knock one down I am thankful for all those seasons spent hunting that river bottom with the ole man. Fast forward about 20 years and I now hunt a small lease in Houston county thats only about 80 acres and have went the last 2 seasons without seeing a deer that I could even shoot at, the season before that I got a chance at my first bow buck and messed that up hitting a small limb I didn't see and smashed the broadhead into a feeder leg. Back at it this year and 3 sits in and have seen 2 deer and both were well outta bow range, even the pigs are getting smarter for that matter.The memories made during the time spent at the lease or in the woods is what really stays with you over the long haul. Keep taking your son, he'll remember all the time you spent with him and will greatly appreciate it later in life and when he finally get his chance it will be that much more gratifying for both of you. I regret not being able to hunt more with mine when they were young for a lot of reasons but take them every time I can now and they are learning that same east Tx hunting ritual of patience and persistence that many other have learned. Keep doing what your doing Dad and break out something to plink with and keep him interested and make him feel like he has accomplished by getting small game for yourselves and others that might not be able to get out and hunt squirrels or rabbits for themselves any longer. I can still se the smile on my grandmothers face everytime I brought her a mess of fresh squirrels and can almost smell the squirrel dumplins in that old cast-iron as I'm typing this. Sorry it got a little long but the good memories your making hunting with him now will be with both of you the rest of your lives!
Prairieboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2020, 11:37 PM   #46
buckhunter1999
Four Point

Keep on keepin on. You won’t regret it

buckhunter1999 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2020, 11:48 PM   #47
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia Nebraska

Teach him that is not about the killing.. When I was growing up we were on "Leases",that we paid for, that had few to no deer.. If you saw a deer or 3 all season you were lucky and if you killed one you were celebrity status in camp. Believe it or not we all still loved going just to be out in nature, build campfires, cook, ride in and drive the "lease truck", fish in the stock tanks, shoot dove, rabbits and squirrels.... A deer in those days was a huge bonus but it was great quality time with my dad, brother and friends.. I would trade my GREAT lease that I have today to go back to those days, back in the 70's and 80's, in a heart beat if I could... Man we had some fun....
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2020, 11:51 PM   #48
justletmein
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Public lands

We live in a world of instant gratification and "I want it now" mentality. This may be one of your few chances to teach the rewards of being patient and not rushing.
justletmein is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2020, 11:51 PM   #49
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:

Very cool.. Congrats..
Old 10-18-2020, 11:52 PM   #50
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by justletmein View Post
We live in a world of instant gratification and "I want it now" mentality. This may be one of your few chances to teach the rewards of being patient and not rushing.
You just nailed it.