2021-2022 Hill Country Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2021-2022 Hill Country Hunting Thread

Its about that time to start a new thread for this upcoming season! We did not get a lot of rain in March or April in Llano county, some of our smaller ponds dried up but now they are full again. Opening day is only about 4 months away now and I am starting to see a few familiar faces at my feeders.

I hope we all have a great season this year!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Nice growth. He's no youngster either.
    It's extremely dry in Brady. It rains all around us but rarely where I'm at. Watching the radar is frustrating to say the least. We've had 3" since January.
    Last edited by PondPopper; 05-26-2021, 07:25 AM.

Comment

I’m not sure how many inches we’ve gotten in our little part of Doss but I know it’s been a pretty good year for us. That’s unusual because we are down in a hole and can usually watch the rain go right around us. Deer have been hammering the feed. I should be down there next week to fill feeders again and check cameras. I’m pumped to see what they are gonna look like this year.

Comment

Thanks for starting up the thread Kyle! It also looks like your bucks are well on their way again this year. Thankfully we started getting a little rain towards the end of March through now. We have missed out on all the big rains, so our tanks are all bone dry, but at least we have wells and troughs. I pray it keeps raining through summer.

Comment

We are dang near floating in llano. It’s been a good spring so far.

Comment

Finally getting some good rain in Llano the past few weeks. The deer have been hammering the feed so far. Our place is really green now, with all the recent rain. Our creeks and tanks did not go dry and have had water in them all year. Looking forward to start watching the horns grow.

Comment

Blanco County

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

8 inches for the month of May at my place in Gillespie County. Perfect timing. Pastures are so green you couldn't see the roads to blinds two weeks ago. Gonna be a good year.

Comment

Im glad to hear most of yall are getting good rain. I'm going this weekend to fill some feeders. I think this is going to be my target buck for this year, he is a 7 year old buck named Ocho

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
                    We are dang near floating in llano. It’s been a good spring so far.
                    Amen to that! Hope it keeps on coming!

Comment

Originally posted by WillowCity2506 View Post
                      8 inches for the month of May at my place in Gillespie County. Perfect timing. Pastures are so green you couldn't see the roads to blinds two weeks ago. Gonna be a good year.
                      Axis ought to be putting on some serious inches this season. Last time I was out most were still in velvet.

Comment

The buck in the back has some potential. I'm going this weekend to fill feeders, corn prices keep on going up [emoji51]

Comment

I hope most of y’all got a good soaking this afternoon/night. We got completely missed...again

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
                            I hope most of y’all got a good soaking this afternoon/night. We got completely missed...again

Game cam showing what looks like good rain in Blanco right now.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
                              Game cam showing what looks like good rain in Blanco right now.

Blanco got hammered according to radar

Comment

Working...
                              X