Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low Poundage Bow rec?

I might be looking for a new bow.
    I injured my left shoulder. I am right handed and draw from the right but it is hard for me to stabilize the left hand on a draw annd can't push out with the left.
    Over the weekend, I could not pull back my normal Mathews Halon 6 bow the other day at 65# so I had to reduce my draw weight to around 55#.

Are there any new better bows that might be better for an easy 50-55# draw and a bad non draw shoulder?
    If not, I will stay with the Halon.

I’m having to switch over to my 60 lb max RX3 from my 70 lb RX3 Ultra for the exact same reason, left shoulder issue from years ago.

I may actually keep that standard RX3 as a backup and buy a V3 or whatever Mathews comes out with next, weighing my options at the moment.

Comment

If I had a shoulder issue I’d be looking at the bowtech solution ss. I recently bought the regular solution a few weeks ago and shot all the flagship bows. Came down to Mathews and bowtech. The difference to me was the initial draw on the Mathews v3 was definitely a bit stiffer.

Comment

Huh I shot a V3 and I didn’t like the hard rollover at the end. It shot extremely smooth though and felt like it had power.
        I picked up the Bowtech Solution. The handle threw me off. I need to look at it again.

Comment

If you like the bow just order a set of 50# limbs from mathews

Comment

I ordered less poundage limbs from Mathews. Made all the difference in the world. Also, kinda gave me a new bow feeling without the sticker shock.

Comment

Originally posted by gatt40 View Post
              I ordered less poundage limbs from Mathews. Made all the difference in the world. Also, kinda gave me a new bow feeling without the sticker shock.
              same here..........got the new limbs on my favorite bow and now back in the game after a long rehab. price was reasonable too.

Comment

Well I had rotator cuff surgery 3 weeks ago.
                I’ll be out for a while

Comment

I’ve had 4 shoulder surgeries. Last one was Dec 1. Turn the weight down and over time you’ll be wanting to crank it back up.

Comment

I had torn left shoulder labrum. Went to lower poundage just like you are considering. Actually enjoy shooting more than ever. Went with thinner arrows and more weight up front. Most of my shots are 35 yards or in. With today’s modern bows with increased efficiency, you will be fine at lower poundage. Good luck with your rehab.

Comment

Originally posted by gatt40 View Post
                      I’m in the same boat but rehab is out of the question! I have my Switchback XT and new 50-60 limbs installed are $200 - I’m just worried that the new limbs won’t get me where I need to be…

I’ll take that hit though before I go to a crossbow

Comment

Working...
                      X