Tactacam sends 100+ photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tactacam sends 100+ photos

I put out another camera. The spypoint micro link was working fine, but after all of the posts praising Tactacam Reveal, I put one out. It has sent 104 photos today. 14 of these had an animal triggering it. 90 are of nothing.
    Settings:
    55s delay
    Sensitivity medium

Twice today is was sending a photo every minute for around 30 minutes. I am going to exhaust my plan the first week. I’m afraid it will not pick up my target which is 50 feet away if I set sensitivity to low.

Anyone else dealing with this?

No experience with that cam but can you post a pic of what the camera is looking at? How high is it of the ground?

Comment

Here is a photo
      Attached Files

Comment

Thought I had a day where my camera was taking pics of nothing.

Closer look I saw tail feathers from birds in most pics. Just almost off the camera.

Comment

Wind was blowing very hard today at my lease, I got quite a bit ghost photo's also today, I'm sure that was your problem also, mine has been out for 3 months and love them.

God Bless
          Bish

Comment

I'll bet those limbs on mesquite tree's are your problem

God Bless
            Bish

Comment

Is that a crow in the tree? They can trigger them.

Might be getting trigger by a moving plant or something close the the camera or if it is mounted on something that can be swayed by wind.
              I’d put it inside the pen though. Get much better up close pics.

Comment

Wind

Comment

Weird i haven’t had a single blank pic in almost 1000 pics, i know
                  My Covert’s struggle with the mexico brush and the blue sky lines

Comment

I was thinking the mesquite branch was a possibility. Going to cut that and see. The problem is I will not be out there again until 10/10. Sucks to suck.

Comment

Wind sent me a lot today too.

Comment

So I've had a Reveal out for about 8 weeks now and probably only had 10 pics during that time frame that didnt have anything in the frame. The camera was on a protein feeder and the camera was facing west. I moved that camera yesterday to a corn feeder and it is now facing north. I have had probably 50 pics today with nothing in the frame. The camera is mounted on a Tmate at both places. I think it is mainly because the wind was out of the north today. I guess I'll see what tomorrow brings when the winds shift.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have had very few blanks. When I do I think it might be because the feeder is heating up. The blanks always come in the heat of the day. I've gotten pics of birds flying by mostly deer though.

Comment

Wind

Comment

Change your sensitivity to high. It is opposite of what you think it is. My Spartans took some blanks today as well. Some of it is the wind moving the camera and that makes it take a pic.

Comment

Working...
                              X