Sabine NF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sabine NF

Well, I'm headed to our place at Toledo Bend. Gonna set up my wifes ladder stand and feeder. Then, I'm gonna scout the forest for my spots. Last season was a complete bust, not much deer sighted, and only does. I looked over a huge area during season and didn't see hardly any sign. There were no acorns either so I believe the deer went to where they could find them. I will update this thread tonight. Also, setting up cameras.

SH

Good luck, and do not be surprised if you find a few downed trees......

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
      Good luck, and do not be surprised if you find a few downed trees......

Rwc
      Thats right! I was just up there cutting trees up on my neighbors lake house property. He had 18 huge trees down, and one right through his house, one on his gazebo and one on his pontoon boat.

On the drive up it didnt look too bad, except power was out in the towns. Then we hit south Toledo Bend and it was a small war zone

Comment

It’s a mess on the south end. I have a place in Fairmount, a lot of damage in that area.

Comment

Well, I almost made it. Damage was almost nonexistent until I got about 2 miles from my place. When I got to the road to my place I had to park about a half mile away. 8 huge trees blocking this little used road. I ain't messing with them and will walk/carry everything I need for this weekend. Did come across 1 4 -wheeler trak

Comment

Chain saw and hard work never hurt no one

Comment

Originally posted by coach2 View Post
              Chain saw and hard work never hurt no one
              Road has been cleared I found out. I didn't have a saw with me. Not going up there until mid Oct. Good news, for me. I just got permission to use a road thru private property that will give me access to a part of SNF I have been wanting to hunt. I scouted this area before I was told the road is private and it was full of sign and virtually no one hunts it, no one but me. Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                Road has been cleared I found out. I didn't have a saw with me. Not going up there until mid Oct. Good news, for me. I just got permission to use a road thru private property that will give me access to a part of SNF I have been wanting to hunt. I scouted this area before I was told the road is private and it was full of sign and virtually no one hunts it, no one but me. Awesome!
                Congrats on securing permission. We have a portion of our private grounds that gives us access to a remote portion of the SNF. The only other way you could access this portion of the NF would be by boat.

I noticed that the majority of the northern portion of the SNF has been getting lots of rain lately.

Best of luck to all.

Rwc

Comment

Working...
                X