No announcement yet.

Archery Elk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headed 1st Rifle Season to Northern Colorado near Wyoming Border.

Comment

BrettC and I are headed to north central NM 2nd archery 15th through the 24th. Wall tent camp public land, super pumped! Been brushing up on my calling every day while I work and while driving. The cooler mornings have me pretty riled up!

Comment

Good luck everyone!! I’ll be following along. Planning on my first elk hunt in Colorado next September.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by tx_basser View Post
          Headed 1st Rifle Season to Northern Colorado near Wyoming Border.
          If you circle up through Laramie to get there or after the hunt, The Library for food and beer. I bet we'll be enjoying a cold one during happy hour on Oct 1 after a month of archery hunting.
          Highway 14 is closed right now towards Walden, Cameron Peak wildfire.

Comment

Good luck to all!

Comment

Lots of us headed to SW CO. Hope yall are in another unit than I will be. In the nicest way possible of course. lol good luck to everyone!

secondly, how many of you all hunting the new draw units in the SW used points vs second choice?

Comment

I’m headed to the Grand Mesa for the 2nd rifle with a cow tag. Friend from SC is meeting me up there. Looking forward to getting back in the hills for a week and learning some new country. Been doing about 550ft of ascent/descent with 50lbs in my pack or jogging it every other day to get ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MRWHITE87 View Post
                  Lots of us headed to SW CO. Hope yall are in another unit than I will be. In the nicest way possible of course. lol good luck to everyone!

secondly, how many of you all hunting the new draw units in the SW used points vs second choice?
                  I drew second choice on 44. Otc last year i believe..

Comment

Good luck all y’all

Comment

This will be our little piece of heaven while bow hunting this year, tent is going up next weekend.
                      The privy is basic but works fine.
                      Our 1 acre lot is surrounded by nice cabins but we will be roughing it so to speak, luckily we have some trees for privacy, but the neighbors do keep an eye for each others stuff.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Great news, cool front for opening week. Temps will be way cooler and chances or rain, maybe snow up higher. Should get them talking.
                        These bulls at the Sybille research unit rubbed off last week.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I'm not heading up for Archery but I'm in to follow along.

Comment

I’ll be hunting archery Wyoming general tag with [mention]Slow&Steady [/mention] for the last two full weeks of September.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We'll be right next to a decent general area in our LQ one. I'll try to check in with bugling updates when I come home to check on the cat.
                              Actually looking forward to opening week for a change.

Comment

Got drawn for Arizona U6A for archery. South of Flagstaff.
                                Been putting in for 9 years. 4 of us got drawn, and should be epic. Me, Dad, brother, & a good friend. My brother and I are first timers.

My wife is tagging along too! We are pumped.

Comment

Working...
                                X