No announcement yet.

Hunter Ethic's question and Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem has been resolved. Now how do I delete this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ctburt0n View Post
      You can't just leave us hanging like that. What was the resolution?

Comment

Been funny if that guy was a member on here and seen this thread

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
          You can't just leave us hanging like that. What was the resolution?

Dang, comes to rant, and gets answers to his ethics dilemma then no sharing of the resolution.

How was it resolved?

Comment

I'd love to hear how it was resolved as well...

I would have suggested offer to help. We offered to help our neighbor with something a few years back, we went from being able to hunt our 45 acres, to being able to hunt our 45 acres and her 180 acres. And we get home-made raspberry jam out of the deal every summer.

Comment

Tall fences make neighbor problems go away quickly

Comment

Originally posted by ACbob View Post
                Set your feeder timer 5-10 minutes before his throws.

5-10 AFTER, I’ve seen more deer leave a feeder for another going off then stick to the early bird special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Or even make yours free choice

Comment

You can't.

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
                      Pretty rough crowd here. I completely understand your frustration. I’d talk to the guy, maybe he doesn’t know how close he is to your feeder. I’d let that convo determine my next move.
                      Lol i was thinking the same. Curious how many ppl saying help him out would do the same if they were in this situation or are they just trying to look reasonable for the Green Screen.
                      Last edited by Fmjag64; 09-29-2020, 07:30 AM.

Comment

What is a life long friendship worth?

When you hunt small properties, you should expect close proximity hunting.

And, something I learned from church sermons - if you have a disagreement with someone, take it up with them directly and privately so as not to bring dishonor to yourself. in this situation, I would talk to him and say you know I'm more than happy that we are virtually hunting together, but perhaps we are way too close to be effective and the proximity will create high pressure on the deer. Maybe we can work together to come up with a way we both have success.

Comment

HAve your feeder go off 30 minutes before his, and again 2 minutes after his.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                            Lol i was thinking the same. Curious how many ppl saying help him out would do the same if they were in this situation or are they just trying to look reasonable for the Green Screen.
                            The term treat others how you wanna be treated is how I try to look at things. Maybe that place is all he’s got to hunt. Maybe that’s all he can afford. It don’t matter he can do what he wants. If I was in his position and someone came to me bout where my stand location is and be sideways about it. Shame on em if they ever needed help from me in the future. And I’m still gonna hunt. Sounds like the op don’t like the fact someone else hunts that specific area. Goes back to it don’t matter what you do in life someone’s gonna cry

Comment

I agree with others on the topic:

1. Talk to him and voice your concerns.
                              2. Its too close to the season.

Make a deal with him for next season. If he's not the kinda guy you trust to follow through on an IOU when you come callin then make a hard bargain with him (mow a portion of your property for you, X amount of bags of corn, a pound or two of venison jerky, etc.). Personally if I was in this guys shoes, I'd already come with an offer on the table to make it a fair trade.

Also tell him about any deer you're particularly interested in/have been tracking over time, I know I wouldn't hunt a particular deer that my neighbor/buddy had his eyes on and had been working to tag for a long time.

OBVIOUSLY this could backfire and get him more interested, but that's what hunting is all about, taking a chance and learning from mistakes/successes. I've been surprised by hunters time and time again (both good and bad surprises).

Worst case scenario if there is a safety issue or nuisance, you don't let him use your property to access his for mowing in the future, the brush will inevitably grow back, and he'll be needing your help again.

Comment

What was the resolution?

Comment

Working...
                                X