Which Gun Safe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
    Inquiring minds want to know what the contents looked like after that.

Everything was covered in soot pretty bad but I managed to get most of it cleaned up.. Messed up the blueing on some older guns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You can build one into your house that is what my father did. Has to follow certain guidelines to insure it but is pretty sick once done. Personally I have a liberty and have loved it though btw.

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
        Everything was covered in soot pretty bad but I managed to get most of it cleaned up.. Messed up the blueing on some older guns

Thanks. That is pretty telling what a safe can and cant do.

I looked up the specs on a Browning Hell’s Canyon and they are way and above the other safes discussed here.

11ga steel (most are 14ga)
        90 min rating at 1700 D (most are 30-45 at 1200)
        locking mechanism on the facing, top, and bottom doors (most are only on the facing edge with tack welded hinges), etc.

Yes you pay more, but what are you paying for right?

Comment

I've got a browning too. Its in a metal building. I've always considered it a thief deterrent, not major fire.

Comment

[ATTACH]1021199[/ATTACH]

Comment

Liberty Franklin 50 serving me well but there are many good safe companies. I liked the liberty for the warranty and their replacement policy for the price range. Where the safe will be located in the house and how far you are from emergency services is where the upper fire ratings come into play. A bolted down safe is hard to break into even if it's a mediocre one.
              Smash and grab and safety is what most safes will offer at reasonable prices.
              The right tools and time no safe is 100% theft proof.
              They are actually referred to as residential security container.
              Buy big

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                Thanks. That is pretty telling what a safe can and cant do.

I looked up the specs on a Browning Hell’s Canyon and they are way and above the other safes discussed here.

11ga steel (most are 14ga)
                90 min rating at 1700 D (most are 30-45 at 1200)
                locking mechanism on the facing, top, and bottom doors (most are only on the facing edge with tack welded hinges), etc.

Yes you pay more, but what are you paying for right?

Yes sir. Buy once, cry once. The one I had was huge and heavy. It would take a hell of a thief with plenty of time to get that thing out. I had an alarm clock on top of the safe that was melted to about the size of a tube of chapstick. The lock on mine was electric and I really don’t know how it didn’t melt. I had some pretty high dollar guns, thermals and suppressors in there so I’m thankful it was all okay..

Browning also has a fire / theft warranty. If the safe is damaged from a fire or theft they will give you a free replacement.

Last edited by kkp005; 09-28-2020, 07:33 PM.

Comment

I need another safe. I really like the layout and versatility of the Browning safes.

I love my Winchester safe, when I bought it I was clueless about what features were good. Turns out the specs on mine are very good. I’d like to have a 72” y’all version of the one I have but unfortunately they are no longer made.

When selecting a safe unless you have lots of money to spend, you need to determine whether fire protection or security is your main concern. If you are in town likely the response time to a fire os pretty good so I’d opt for more security. If you are rural where response times could be longer I’d make fire protection a priority. If you just have $8-$10k to spend you can have an excess of both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Honest reviews of the best gun safes for the money at four different price and protection levels. Detailed reviews of Sturdy Safe, AMSEC, Zanotti, and other top rated American-made gun safes.

sturdy & BF

For long gun owners...this lazy susan is da bomb.

Pendleton Safes are built for security to store your gun collection and valuables. Order your safe and stand today - proudly made in the USA.
                    Last edited by Artos; 09-28-2020, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
                      Yes sir. Buy once, cry once. The one I had was huge and heavy. It would take a hell of a thief with plenty of time to get that thing out. I had an alarm clock on top of the safe that was melted to about the size of a tube of chapstick. The lock on mine was electric and I really don’t know how it didn’t melt. I had some pretty high dollar guns, thermals and suppressors in there so I’m thankful it was all okay..

Browning also has a fire / theft warranty. If the safe is damaged from a fire or theft they will give you a free replacement.

Good info, thanks. And, it doesn’t look as if all Browning safes are made the same, as most safe manufacturers are. In short, you get what you pay for.

Comment

browning hells canyon 65i think it is, love it

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                          It is hard to find any safe in stock these days
                          Originally posted by Bradical BH View Post
                          We exclusively sell Fort Knox. Superior product, higher price tag. Three months out from date of order right order. Have about 40 pending at factory. Crazy times with all
                          Going on,
                          Originally posted by Artos View Post
                          American Security Burglary & Fire Series.

Amsec B&F

If you are storing a lot of long guns remove the bolts for better fitment & reducing handling marks.
                          In San Antonio www.whitleyslockandsafe.com carries both Amercian Security
                          ( www.amsecusa.com ) and Hollon ( www.hollonsafe.com ) We have a few to
                          choose from with more arriving almost every week.

In a week or two, I will have for sale a Hollon TL-15 rated EMP-6033 finished
                          in a jungle camo. PM me for more details!

Todd

Comment

I've had my eye on a Fat Boy 48 for a while, waiting till end of year sales to finally pick one up.

Comment

Working...
                            X