Wounded Deer Tracking dog for the Sam.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wounded Deer Tracking dog for the Sam.

I am hesitant to put this out there but I am about 10min from the Sam. I have a black lab that tracks very well. I will be glad to help a thber out this season if you get one that runs a little far and I am not too busy or hunting myself. I prefer to keep my number private but shoot me a message and I will txt you my number. I like helping folks, and hate to see meat waste. Hopefully all your shots are true, but if not. Feel free to keep my number and hopefully we can help you out.

Jhunter77 - you're the man! thanks for offering up the help

Comment

Great gesture.

Comment

Go to know. I'd like to see your dog work.

Comment

Not wanting to rain on your parade but I don’t think it is legal to use a dog in that part of the state

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
            Not wanting to rain on your parade but I don’t think it is legal to use a dog in that part of the state
            Only in these counties...

Angelina, Hardin, Jasper, Nacogdoches, Newton, Orange, Sabine, San Augustine, Shelby, and Tyler counties

But...there may be additional regs in the SHNF

Comment

As far as I know it is legal in all of the Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                As far as I know it is legal in all of the Sam.

I just searched the WMA handbook and couldn't find anything prohibiting tracking dogs.

Comment

It was my understanding it was legal, I have reviewed the manual and have not seen anything that would prevent it, but if there is please let me know, I have no intention of doing something that would be against the law or in a gray area. I just hate to see deer go to waste.

Comment

Working...
                  X