Trinity river nwr - mcguire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trinity river nwr - mcguire

Drew for this Oct 03, 2020 – Oct 25, 2020. Anyone have any experience/info from previous years?

This is only the second year for the TPWD Trinity River spots, so not a lot of info. I hunted Brierwood and Boars den last year. Both were excellent for hog hunting. Haven't talked to anyone yet that got a deer. I saw one deer, but couldn't get a shot. Not a lot of deer sign. Must have seen 40+ hogs in a few days hunting.

Comment

Thanks! Still not sure if I am going to buy this permit or not. I have some other hunts that overlap this one. Sounds like it’s mostly a hog hunt.

Comment

I got drawn for Boars Den but not sure if I'm going to take it. No one seems to know much of anything about it....

Comment

Got drawn for this one too. I wish there were more reports out there. Do you know of any camping nearby?

Comment

I've hunted several of the units back before TPWD took over the hunts. I killed two deer at Boars Den one year. I got lucky and walked up on them while still hunting. I also hunted McGuire but didn't see any deer. I tried to walk to the river past the bridge but it was really thick. I was trying to find a trail to set up on, but didn't have any luck. Like the others said there are a lot of hogs.

Comment

I drew for this and have 3 of the permits issued (me, and 2 of my kids). Is anyone else going?

Comment

We went to this place. Its not horrible - but it is a lot of work and other than the paths cut for walking its super thick. Saw pigs but no deer -- may go back tomorrow for the last day and just do some walking and hope to walk up on something but we also didn't see ANY deer sign. Out of all the drawn hunts I've won, this one proved to be my least favorite by far. There is an aggregate plant nearby and when it cranked up is systems it made a lot of noise. That maybe part of the issue, maybe just to many pigs, or I may have just been a bad hunter

Comment

Working...
                X