X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronnie View Post
    Jeremy did y'all have to evacuate?

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk
    No we are 6 miles across the marsh. The wind would need to be south west for the smoke to reach us.. we were gonna leave lastnight but decided to stay..
    I'm watching the wind Close today and if it switches like they are calling for we may leave. I dont want the family breathing it.. I have to go to work Friday night so I'll be less than a half mile from the fire .

Comment

So word is Williams has been able to work the fire away from the tanks some. They believe they can have it extinguished in 24-48.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
        So word is Williams has been able to work the fire away from the tanks some. They believe they can have it extinguished in 24-48.
        That's good news..

Comment

Great news! Thanks for keeping us updated.

Comment

Yep. The police chief just put out a statement confirming that there’s been a lot of progress this morning. Praise the Lord. God is good. Let’s pray it continues.
            Attached Files

Comment

Anybody have any updates?

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post

Some streets near the scene will remain closed according to officials. https://www.12newsnow.com/article/ne...5-fad5064c3c8b

Comment

The mandatory evacuation and curfew for the three cities has been lifted as of 8AM today. It is still burning but under control.

Comment

Great news. I hope they know how close they were to total destruction.

Comment

We are gonna go back to port neches tomorrow and try to check the house out really good.

We noticed when we were there boarding up the other day from the windows and doors being blown out the garage door was also damaged and struggling to work.

We have some siding damage too.

Guess I'm gonna go up in the attic and check the rafters and on the roof to check it too.

Anyone have any other suggestions on things to check?

Comment

Glad everyone is getting to go back

Hope the plant or their insurance is going to compensate all the folks with damaged property

Comment

We are gonna go back to port neches tomorrow and try to check the house out really good.

We noticed when we were there boarding up the other day from the windows and doors being blown out the garage door was also damaged and struggling to work.

Guess I'm gonna go up in the attic and check the rafters and on the roof to check it too.

No suggestions on what to look for, but could you hire an inspector to come out?

Comment

Check the seam around the house at the roof line to see if the roof "lifted off" at all.

Comment

Hey bud we are headed back tomorrow too. I’ve talked to a lot of people who have cracked and split beams. Make sure y’all check them.

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
                                No suggestions on what to look for, but could you hire an inspector to come out?
                                This is what I would do.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X