This “little” pig ain’t gonna make it home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This “little” pig ain’t gonna make it home

Got the things I needed to do done and decided to sit in one of my stands and see if a pig would show up before dark

Got a bunch of this

Climbed in about 3 and soon figured out I should have put on a little bit heavier clothes because it clouded up and cooled off

Had about 25 Canadian geese make a low altitude pass but otherwise uneventful until feeder went off at 4:26 (must have lost a minute)
    Heard some leaves crunching but it turned out to be does and fawns
    Caught some movement out in the woods on the far side of the feeder and could see a black boar making his way in
    He was pretty spooky and cautious and I should have pulled bow off hanger but had decided to let him settle in and feed before I made my move. He circled around and was coming in from downwind and came within 5yds of the tree
    I let him get up to the feeder and start eating corn before I came to full draw and settled pin in behind his shoulder as he turned to slightly quartering away
    I squeezed the release and watched the arrow hit right where the pin had been
    He spun and started away sideways before circling back to the right and stopped before he entered woods but arrow was no longer in him
    I decided it was close to 5 and I did not have a light (I didn’t bring anything extra with me besides a pair of binoculars and a seat cushion) so I would quietly check up to where he entered woods before retreating to the house for a light
    When I got to where he was standing there was a few good drops of blood, then I looked up ahead and could see the arrow and LOTS of blood

I knew he would not make it far and followed a blood trail a blind man could see to the woods

I decided to nock an arrow just in case but 20yds inside the woods I spotted him lying head downhill and knew he was done

I was going to play guess the weight but when I got him back to the house the hoist rope broke before I got a good weight

Scale was reading a little over 170 when rope broke but I think his nose was not clear

Somewhere between 170-175 I am guessing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice

Comment

One less, keep at it !

Comment

Good job BT, Congrats

Comment

Good pig and write up.

Gary

Comment

Good job, Brian! Now, go shoot another million of them!

Comment

Poor wittle piggy. All he wanted to do is eat some free corn and make more piggies.

Comment

He won’t be coming home for the holidays...

Nice shootin, congratulations!

Comment

Atta boy KAP and many more

Comment

Congratulations. KAP!

Comment

Good job

Comment

Good job, keep slinging.

Comment

Well done well done

Comment