Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Veterans, does it make you uncomfortable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Veterans, does it make you uncomfortable?

To be thanked for your service? I sorta didn't know I was a veteran until about 15 years ago. Before that I was just someone who had been in the navy.

Times sure have changed...

For me yes.

Comment

I'm retired did my 20 and don't need to be thanked but if someone says thank u I just say no problem and carry on!

Comment

I have 2 gentlemen that have called me every single Veterans Day since I got out in 1992. It does make me uncomfortable but I do appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It used to, probably because I didn't know what to say. Now when someone thanks me, I say "Thank you for your support".

Comment

Thank You.

Comment

It does, but that doesn't mean their thanks are any less appreciated. I'm just a really humble guy who's not looking for accolades or thanks. But I really appreciate the support for today's military and how society is somewhat righting the wrongs to veterans of generations past, like when my dad returned from Vietnam.

Comment

It doesn't make me uncomfortable at all. No, I didn't serve with bullets flying over my head, but I put in 21 years of my life, and my family's life with many days/weeks gone from home. I'd do it again, but I'd do it different. And on each thanks, I say you're welcome.

Comment

it was my honor to serve this nation; no thanks necessary.

Comment

I don’t want a pat on the back or a handshake I just say “thank you for the support”
                    But sometimes I do like to think people really care about what we are doing over there. I thought I was being medically retired until about a month ago and I’m going back on duty, which is what I preferred I’ve been in the infantry for 10 years and it’s nice to see people care 18 yrs after 9/11

Comment

It doesn’t make me uncomfortable
                      It does annoy me at times. I mean I didn’t do anything heroic or out of the ordinary.... I just did my job... no different than the stock boy at the local H-E-B. You don’t say thanks to him for keepin the shelves stocked

Kinda like when you sneeze 4-5 times in a row and you get the 4-5 bless you’s.... ok I got it, just stop already

Maybe I’m just an ***??

Comment

Yes it does

Comment

I heard a great line the other day. "If you want to thank a veteran, be an American worth fighting for" thought I might share

Comment

Originally posted by Craw3773 View Post
                            I heard a great line the other day. "If you want to thank a veteran, be an American worth fighting for" thought I might share
                            now that is good!!

Comment

Yes

Comment

Working...
                              X