Cedar Slabs / Planks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cedar Slabs / Planks

Hello, amigos needing some info: anyone know of anyone that sales red cedar slabs or planks in the San Antonio area....need a few to finish my trophy room ......thanks

Meyers in Lampasas. Not close to you but only one I know

Comment

Ttt

Comment

I bought some slabs from a place on 281 called Ford Hart Hardwoods. It's about 1/2 mile south of 1863 on the southbound side. There's a little coffee stand in front of it. I got a pretty good price on three 12 footers, 2" thick, ~14" wide.

There is also a sawmill at Evans and Old Evans in Selma kind of behind Retama Park Equine hospital. Not sure if they have red cedar because I've never stopped there.

Alamo Hardwoods left me a voicemail a few days ago. They just got a shipment in. They're proud of their wood, though.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
          They're proud of their wood, though.
          Man you left that one teed right up

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
            Man you left that one teed right up
            Yep. Pun intended!

Comment

Originally posted by alaskaflyerfan View Post
              i bought some slabs from a place on 281 called ford hart hardwoods. It's about 1/2 mile south of 1863 on the southbound side. There's a little coffee stand in front of it. I got a pretty good price on three 12 footers, 2" thick, ~14" wide.

There is also a sawmill at evans and old evans in selma kind of behind retama park equine hospital. Not sure if they have red cedar because i've never stopped there.

Alamo hardwoods left me a voicemail a few days ago. They just got a shipment in. They're proud of their wood, though.

Hope this helps.
              thanks will look into these places thanks again...

Comment

What are you going to do with them?

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
                  What are you going to do with them?
                  LOOK UP MAN CAVE/ TROPHY ROOM BUILD THREAD...

Comment

Oh yeah...I commented on that thread. Love that room!

There was another place called Greenwood Milling. I was never able to get in contact with them. I picked a week they were on vacation or something. https://www.greenwoodmilling.com

Comment

Originally posted by alaskaflyerfan View Post
                      oh yeah...i commented on that thread. Love that room!

There was another place called greenwood milling. I was never able to get in contact with them. I picked a week they were on vacation or something. https://www.greenwoodmilling.com
                      calling them places in the morning bud thanks !!!!

Comment

Not too close but if you get over that way Garrett sawmill just south of the Fairgrounds in Hempstead has bunches red cedar at reasonable prices

Comment

No sweat! I'll keep my eyes & ears open and let you know if I come across any others. Good luck!

Comment

There is a spot in McQueeny on the side of the road by the dam right after you turn off FM725. Not sure which road that is. This place has piles of cool wood on his yard and appears to sell slabs and mantle type pieces. I've never stopped there because I am afraid of how much it may cost me!

T

Comment

My sister just sent me this.
                              There's a guy in Canyon lake that runs a small mill, I think it's devil's Backbone woodcraft on FB.
                              I've got a buddy in the Valley, but I think he mainly does mesquite, Flying M Sawmill and Woodworks on FB. I'd contact him.
                              My neighbor has a mill, but you have to bring the logs.
                              There is the place in Kingsville by the tracks, but I think they mainly do custom milling (bring your own logs).

Click image for larger version

Name:	54325.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	24597189

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X