Zippo Hand Warmers & Deer/Hogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zippo Hand Warmers & Deer/Hogs

Anyone use these while deer or hog hunting?

I assume they put out too much scent to hunt Deer/Hogs with!
    and are they safe or last in the pocket for several hours?

A buddy used one for Duck Hunting and he liked it.

A Zippo in the hand is worth two in the bush (particularly because the latter is a fire hazard, kids). It's true if you need a light, and especially true if your fingers are so frozen they can't even flick one. Zippo's Hand Warmers bring the same Zi

I have the battery version that is also a charger - it works okay - the temp seems to spike and does not stay constant, but it knocks the edge off. My friend has the one you reference and loves it....he uses in the rifle stand.

Comment

I bet it dont put off more odor than a little buddy heater and people kill with them on hand.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
        I bet it dont put off more odor than a little buddy heater and people kill with them on hand.
        But the little buddy is gas operated, this is lighter fluid which creates a lot more smell than gas.... keep me honest if I'm missing something!

Comment

I would not worry about the scent from a hand warmer in your pocket. If the deer is that close and down wind, you busted anyways.

Comment

Ali- I deer hunt with one and never had an issue with it. Not a lot of scent after it is initially lit. Be semi smart with the wind and you will be fine. For the record this was from a pop up with front and side windows open.

FWIW- mine is 2 or 3 years old, I can barely get it lit and if I do, it doesent stay lit. I replaced the catalyst last year- same problem. Not sure what happened, worked well the 1st year, put it up and now it’s terrible

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
              Ali- I deer hunt with one and never had an issue with it. Not a lot of scent after it is initially lit. Be semi smart with the wind and you will be fine. For the record this was from a pop up with front and side windows open.

FWIW- mine is 2 or 3 years old, I can barely get it lit and if I do, it doesent stay lit. I replaced the catalyst last year- same problem. Not sure what happened, worked well the 1st year, put it up and now it’s terrible
              Thanks Greg! been looking at them for years, but never pulled the trigger.

I want one for when I'm on a tree stand and duck hunting. The box blind has a Little Buddy in it

Comment

Mu wife has one. We have had deer at 20 yards when she has been using it. We are usally in a blind that only comes halfway up and then has a roof.

Comment

I just use the throwaways. They work great.

Comment

I have 2 brand new that you can have for $20

Comment

If they’re smelling that...they are smelling you

Comment

I used that type of hand warmer in the late 70's. As stated above if the deer are down wind of you they are going to smell you with or without that type of hand warmer.

Comment

I use em all the time to duck hunt

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
                            I have 2 brand new that you can have for $20
                            I may swing by later this week or next week.

PM me your address again
                            Last edited by ATI; 10-21-2019, 06:20 AM.

Comment

It's been 25 years since I used one of those! I'm getting old

Comment

Working...
                              X