Youth chest guards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youth chest guards

Anyone have an idea or experience with chest guards for the youngsters? As in which brands i can order an actually expect it to fit a 6 year old. Haven't been active much myself, but i have a youth bow i bought from from Bob years ago, and finally let me boys have a try. Well i have a natural. I trimmed up an old tab for him and something changed, now he's catching his chest. He's also pulling back further now. So i need to find a guard and glove that fit while we work on form, being careful to let him have fun and not get dissuaded. Hopefully he keeps at it and I'll take him to a local tbot this year.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Maybe open his stance a bit to clear the string and his chest.
    Love seeing kids with a trad bow in hand, good job Dad !

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
      Maybe open his stance a bit to clear the string and his chest.
      Love seeing kids with a trad bow in hand, good job Dad !
      I've worked him through a number of changes and he keeps saying it rubs him. Part of it think is he's pulling the bow arm rearward, leaning back to get away from the bow, all at the moment of release. Mostly hoping to make it comfortable for him to shoot so he doesn't lose interest while we work on form and have fun. I've seen him get stronger and more comfortable so he's pulling back further, but also started when i chopped up a tab to fit him.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

He sure looks good to me, good work.

I would reach out to the larger archery supply stores online and see what is out there. Lancaster has a bunch but not sure on sizes.

Comment

I’ll second Lancaster. You may also reach out to your local JOAD program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
          X