Finding veneers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding veneers

Where is a good lumber mill or veneer supplier in Texas? I want Dan Toelke to make my bow using Texas woods and he stated if I found some preground veneers he could use them. He likes to grind the veneers at his shop. I am here in S Texas but willing to drive up to the hill country. Appreciate the help.

Any specific type/species you looking for?

Comment

Pecan, mesquite, Texas ebony etc. I know it sounds crazy but I'm really interested in woods of S Texas. Thanks for the help

Comment

I know a little about wood but nothing about bow building. What thickness are you looking for?

Comment

Ask big Jim’s bow company he is a wood supplier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I completely understand wanting to keep your build to native Texas woods.
            Bob Sarrels with Sarrels archery from around San Antonio I believe usually has some Texas woods available. May give him a shout.
            Big Jim is a buddy of mine but not sure if he has woods specifically from Texas or not. Worth a shot though if bob can’t hook you up.

Mmoses , most veneers are from about .020 -.030 thick and around 36” long x 1.5-1.75 wide.

Comment

I know Bob had some Texas ebony not to long ago

Comment

Thanks for the help Randy. I appreciate it!

Comment

P M Rubydog he deals in all types of wood and surely has some Texas stuff !

Comment

Get with Kenny at Kenny’s custom archery. Great guy to deal with.

Comment

Check out Flying M Sawmill. I believe John sold Sarrels some texas ebony, he makes amazing mesquite furniture among other stuff. Cool guy to work with. He’s on FB

Comment

Working...
                      X