Any Anglican Christians on TBH?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m Anglican since 2013 and I wonder if anyone here is an Anglican?

What is Anglican Christian? I'm just a Holy Spirit filled, devil attacking, Word of God shielded, Jesus believer. Like my granddaddy said, "As long as you believe in Jesus Christ and submit to His ways, that's all that matters."

Comment

Never heard of it. Care to explain what it is? What were you before becoming one, and what’s the difference?

Comment

Anglicanism is loosely organized in the Anglican Communion, a worldwide family of religious bodies that represents the offspring of the Church of England and recognizes the archbishop of Canterbury as its nominal head.

Comment

As I understand it (correct me if I'm wrong) The Anglican Church in this country is a denomination that was formed fairly recently as an offshoot of the Episcopal Church. The breakup was caused by the increasingly liberal theology and social justice stuff the Episcopal church was teaching. I don't think it has anything to do with the "Anglican Communion" which is the Church of England

Comment

AKA Episcopalians

I was baptized and raised in the Episcopal Church. My wife and I currently attend a non-denom church now, but I still enjoy going to church with my parents when we go back home. Much like the Catholic church, its for some, and not for others. But like Dusty Britches mentioned above, any denomination (or lack thereof) that allows you to follow Christ and find a community of fellow Christ followers is all that matters to me.

Comment

Pretty much all comments above are right on target. Anglican is sort of like Reformed Catholic. Before I was confirmed, I was a born again Christian. Still am… just have more historic structure and liturgy within which to practice my Christianity.

Thanks for all comments so far.

Comment

I am a baptist…but I live the liturgy and traditions of the anglican church.

I enjoy stoles/robes…the whole mix…I love the reverence of it

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                  I am a baptist…but I live the liturgy and traditions of the anglican church.

I enjoy stoles/robes…the whole mix…I love the reverence of it
                  It is a draw for many evangelicals. Some say Anglicans preach like Baptists and worship like Catholics.

Comment

I grew up in this system. My childhood was spent in Scotland, England, and the US. Church of Scotland, Church of England, snd Episcopal respectively. All the same church. The ones in the UK were hundreds of years old often with nearby abbey ruins going back a thousand years. Knights entombed in the walls and such. Amazing statues and vestments. This church is the creation of Henry VIII. You know the story. There was a schism not too long ago as the Episcopal church grew more to the left and ordained a gay bishop I believe. Church split. Anglican = conservative and Episcopal = liberal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

AEtheling, pretty spot on. I'm Anglican and consider myself classically Christian. I don't believe in reimagining our faith once handed down.

Comment

Working...
                      X