Cooling Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooling Shop

I have a 40x40 shop with insulation. I just bought the house (and shop). I have been using it as a man cave/gym. This week it is starting to get plenty warm in there and want to cool it down. I have read previous threads, but most are a few years old and wondering if there are any updates. I do not currently have BigA fan money. I have been looking at evaporative coolers, but it appears they wont work well due to humidity. Any suggestions are appreciated. I live in Magnolia. TIA

My mechanic has the same size shop and cools it with one window unit. Not real cold but much better. When it's a hundred outside, it will be 85 or so inside. He does have the foam insulation.

Comment

I have a large window unit in one that size and it works great, you just can’t try to turn it on when it’s a 100 degrees and expect it to cool it down in 15 minutes. I can keep it about 73-4 degrees on a hot day. I have a fan blowing toward the ceiling to help circulate the air and I have no complaints with it.
      In the mornings it will cool down pretty quick, in the heat of the day it takes an hour or so to get going good,,

Comment

Big mini split and big a fan

Comment

I'm building a 40x67x13.

Gonna have 4 mini splits.
          Attached Files

Comment

Mini splits are cheap in your scenario if you can handle the power needs and such. I’d look at that.

Comment

A gym membership may be cheaper than cooling that shop. I open all the doors and run a 4' direct drive fan.

Comment

Working...
              X