Easter Eggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easter Eggs

I'm old school on a lot of things and every year I wish my grandkids would come visit on this weekend just to decorate Easter Eggs and hide them.

A few weeks ago our church announced they were hiding 10,000 eggs for the kids to hunt up on Easter morning and the first thought I had was, "dad gum who has time to cook that many eggs and decorate them?" Which was immediately followed up with my second thought, "You id-git. They are throwing out plastic eggs with trinkets in them!"

Gosh I miss the old days but I do understand why the new ways are better in many ways. But kids won't understand what the fun was in coloring eggs the week before Easter.

How many of you still color eggs?

I do

Comment

We do. My 14yr old daughter still loves doing it so she will have a friend or 2 over and they go crazy with a few dozen eggs.

Comment

It's hit or miss around here. My grandmother always had a basket out with a dozen or so impeccably died eggs and let the grandkids help as they got older.

Comment

Been 35 yrs since we boiled and dyed an egg !

Comment

On my dad's side, they are getting together to color easter eggs Saturday. There will be no kids present is my understanding. Sunday they are having an Easter brunch also. The ironic part is most of them are atheist.

Comment

ctom LOL that's funny. atheists.

Comment

That's a lot of eggs.

Comment

I do. Daughter is 15 and we still get a dozen each year and color them.

Comment

We still color them, and our first grandbaby is almost one year old- so she will get spoiled!

Comment

https://www.louisianafolklife.org/LT...breaks%20first.

Can't do this with plastic eggs!
                      I have seen some old Cajuns bet big $$$ on knocking eggs

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                        https://www.louisianafolklife.org/LT...breaks%20first.

Can't do this with plastic eggs!
                        I have seen some old Cajuns bet big $$$ on knocking eggs
                        haha. Pacque Pacque. Think I will do this with the kids this year for fun.

We just did our eggs yesterday. Kids made dinosaur eggs and candy eggs. Turned out pretty cool.

And you can't make eggs a la goldenrod on easter with plastic eggs.

Comment

Like you, we decorate Easter eggs if the grand babies are over.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                            On my dad's side, they are getting together to color easter eggs Saturday. There will be no kids present is my understanding. Sunday they are having an Easter brunch also. The ironic part is most of them are atheist.
                            Is it ironic? Or is it that the egg part of Easter tradition is rooted in the pagan spring festivals of fertility?

Comment

We do...even when my wife goofs and buys brown eggs and the dye doesn't show up well.

Comment

Working...
                              X