GP100 holster recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GP100 holster recommendations

Just bought a 4” Gp100 to use in backcountry Wyoming. I’m looking for a good holster to use while horseback and doing some hiking but will also be in and out of vehicles. Probably won’t have a large pack on at any time. I prefer leather over kydex/nylon. I think a cross draw would be ideal but I’m not sure if a paddle versus a belt is preferred. Or a chest holster. If anyone has one they want to unload, let me know as well.

Shoulder holster.

Comment

I have a Galco strongside belt holster for my GP100. They also make one that can adapt to crossdraw as well as a "high ride" and a shoulder holster model. If I had to do it over I might go with the shoulder holster because of the weight of that revolver

Comment

Honestly, buy a few and try them to figure out which is the most comfortable for you and sell the ones you didn't like. It's the most expensive way to do it, but if you don't want to carry it because you don't like the holster defeats the purpose. Personally, I like a chest holster for a revolver, but if your backpack or binoculars interfere with it maybe a shoulder holster is better. I have the kodiak version from Galco, but this looks like a good option.
        Galco is excited to introduce the Great Alaskanâ„¢ shoulder holster system, the latest member of an expanding line of chest-type hunting and outdoor holsters.

Comment

I’m kind of partial to the Galco Dual Action Outdoorsman (DOA).

You can wear it cross draw or strong side.

Comment

I have one of these. I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
              I’m kind of partial to the Galco Dual Action Outdoorsman (DOA).

You can wear it cross draw or strong side.
              This is one I was looking at. The only concern is it’d be a pain to take off in the truck.

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                X