No announcement yet.

2022 Salty H20 Thread.... Let's go! Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me and my brother in law are headed to Port A this weekend to fish with my guide, Grant. We plan on fishing near shore for cobia and anything else we can run into. If the wind gets up we will be down below bird island in the bay chasing trout. If we catch any hammers I’ll post the pics up. Fish will be harmed!

Comment

Caught some today in grass/sand pockets. Lots of 15 inch fish. Did catch about 6 over 17. Kept enough for lunch
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
        Me and my brother in law are headed to Port A this weekend to fish with my guide, Grant. We plan on fishing near shore for cobia and anything else we can run into. If the wind gets up we will be down below bird island in the bay chasing trout. If we catch any hammers I’ll post the pics up. Fish will be harmed!

Tell Grant I said hi! And good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It out yesterday evening. Got a few reds on the black and white. Found em in a channel off a marsh. Left em and went to check a bigger marsh and took a long boat ride only to find so many mullet in the bayous that I left the area. The tide was dropping hard so they were in the bayous. Went back where I was and caught a couple more. Left em biting for a hamburger and a Budlight.
          Attached Files

Comment

Caught a lot of trout with the boys this morning. None over 17. [emoji30]. Lots of fun was had.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
              Caught a lot of trout with the boys this morning. None over 17. [emoji30]. Lots of fun was had.

Is that a Daiwa Coastal? Kinda interested in them. Anything good or bad if it is?

Comment

I have 4 of the Diawa Coastals set up just alike. If I were to buy another reel tomorrow, that’s what it would be. Best baitcaster I’ve ever used.

Comment

The Daiwa Coastal is a great reel. It's a little bit heavier than my Lew's reels but honestly I don't mind that because it just feels like a higher quality reel. I really like mine and will buy more as I need new reels. I highly recommend them.

Comment

Caught a lot of trout with the boys this morning. None over 17. [/IMG]
                    Same here. I am having days where we catch 20 or 30 trout and not one over 17". Tons of 12-16" fish. The future looks pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                      Is that a Daiwa Coastal? Kinda interested in them. Anything good or bad if it is?

It is. I’ve been fishing a couple of them for almost 3 years. No complaints at all. Nice feel and weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                        Same here. I am having days where we catch 20 or 30 trout and not one over 17". Tons of 12-16" fish. The future looks pretty good.

I knew it was gonna be harder to put together a fish fry but not this hard!

I was fishing well south of POC yesterday and I can’t remember seeing so much bait fish and shrimp. The health of the bay system is gonna allow for a quick recovery.

Comment

Anyone fish Cedar Lakes ? We will be in Sargent for a few days in July. We have found a few spots around Mitchell's cut and will probably fish East Bay some. But I have always wondered about going up the intracoastal canal towards the San Bernard wildlife refuge.

I prefer to get away from the crowds.

Comment

Originally posted by wickll View Post
                            Anyone fish Cedar Lakes ? We will be in Sargent for a few days in July. We have found a few spots around Mitchell's cut and will probably fish East Bay some. But I have always wondered about going up the intracoastal canal towards the San Bernard wildlife refuge.

I prefer to get away from the crowds.

PM Kevin Nichols he is the Sargent guru on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                              PM Kevin Nichols he is the Sargent guru on this thread.

Thanks, Mayhem.

Comment

I knew it was gonna be harder to put together a fish fry but not this hard!

I was fishing well south of POC yesterday and I can’t remember seeing so much bait fish and shrimp. The health of the bay system is gonna allow for a quick recovery.

Same here. Bait of all kinds is thick. The little shad are really thick still and all the redfish I have cleaned for the last month or more are just packed full of little shad. They don't have to work too hard for a meal. All the trout we are catching are packed full too, just rolling fat.

Mother nature sets the table for the recovery. I remember the same thing after the other major freezes.

Comment

Working...
                                X