X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Saturday)

Daily Bible Portion – 7 of 7
    "HOLY ONES"

(Weekly Reading>>Leviticus 19:1-20:27, Ezekiel 20:2-20, Romans 13:8-10, Galatians 5:13-16)

Guard Over Our Children

Leviticus 20:1-5 "Any Israelite or any alien living in Israel who gives any of his children to Molech must be put to death, he has defiled my sanctuary and profaned my holy name."

God is warning us a second time not to hand our children over to occult practices or to Molech (Leviticus 18:21). In the last study, we learned about aborted babies and the aborted generations along with the desire to rasie up monuments to Baal. As parents, we are the guardians of God's sheep, His children that He has gifted us with. We are to teach them God's ways, protect and cover them while they are growing up under our care. Government-run schools are a relatively new addition in history. Originally schools and colleges were biblically based and the curriculum or textbook used was the Bible. The standard was God and He was the center of all activity.

Over time these institutions became secular with much worldly pagan influence. Today the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is not allowed in schools. Prayer started the morning but today many children begin their school day being screened for weapons and drugs. Socially correct issues like sexual orientation is being encouraged while God's morals standards are becoming blatantly ignored.

Because of growing immorality in the school system home schooling is on the rise and growing steadily especially over the last ten years as families are opting out of the public system and bringing their children home. Families are being strengthened as parents participate in their children's whole education and participate in what they watch, read and what influences they are around, all based on the Word of God.

Holy Living

Leviticus 20:7-8 "Consecrate yourselves and be holy, because I am the Lord/Yahweh your God/Elohim. Keep my decrees and follow them. I am Yahweh who makes you holy."

1 Peter 1:15-16 but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, because it is written, "Be holy, for I am holy."

Leviticus 20:9-21 God once again goes over the rules for holy living and what happens when His people disobey His message. He is as faithful to the curses as He is to the blessings. Obedience brings the blessings; disobedience brings the curses.

Deuteronomy 30:19 “I have called the heavens and the earth as witnesses today against you: I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. Therefore you shall choose life, so that you live, both you and your seed."

We need to encourage one another and uphold each other with the vision God has put before us for our marriages and our children, our families, our neighbors and for the Nations. Now that we have been redeemed we need to learn how to walk a redeemed lifestyle.

Proverbs 29:18 "Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he."

These Next Verses Hold The Key To All of Leviticus

Leviticus 20:22-26 "Keep all my decrees and laws and follow them, so that the land where I am bringing you to live may not vomit you out. You must not live according to the customs(laws) of the nations(gentiles) I am going to drive out before you. Because they did all these things, I abhorred them. But I said to you, You will possess their land; I will give it to you as an inheritance, a land flowing with milk and honey. I am Yahweh your Elohim, who has set you apart from the nations. You must "therefore" make a distinction between clean and unclean animals and between unclean and clean birds. Do not defile yourselves by any animal or bird or anything that moves along the ground-- those which I have set apart as unclean for you. You are to be holy(set apart) to me because I, Yahweh, am holy(set apart), and I have set you apart from the nations(gentiles) to be my own.' "

A holy (set apart) life style depends on not mixing clean with unclean practices physically or spiritually.

Hebrews 12:14 "Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord"

Christ's Priesthood – The Bride

Leviticus 20:22-26 states that the priesthood of Jesus rests entirely on what we put into our temples (physically and spiritually) and how we conduct ourselves, as this reflects the condition of our hearts. What we put into our bodies, starting with the foods we eat or what our minds think on, can defile us and hence govern the way we think and act. Mixing the unclean with the clean can bring levels of compromise into our hearts that will cause defilement and a breakdown in relationship between God and ourselves rendering us unclean in His sight. We can cause our own lack and poverty if we eat (both physical and spiritual) unclean. We are called to separate from the ways of the nations around us and not to defile ourselves with their ways. It is up to us.

Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because they rejected knowledge, I also reject you as my priests: because you have ignored the law of your God, I also will ignore your children."

We receive salvation and redemption through Christ Jesus. He has bridged the gap for our lack of understanding. Now that we have read and studied what separates us from God and what causes defilement in us, it is up to us to reject that which adversely affects our lives. This walk of redemption is not for salvation purposes but for consecration and sanctification. True repentance from the heart is a sweet aroma to God. There is no condemnation for those who walk after the Spirit and not after the flesh (Romans 8:1). May we be a people who return wholeheartedly to Jesus who loved us so deeply that He died for ALL our sins and washed us clean.

Isaiah 66:1-2 "This is what Yahweh says: 'Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Where is the house you will build for me? Where will my resting place be? Has not my hand made all these things, and so they came into being?' declares Yahweh. 'This is the one I esteem: he who is humble and contrite in spirit, and trembles at my word.'

new study begins tomorrow...
Working...
X