No announcement yet.

How Bad is Your Business Hurting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not hurting bad honestly, but obviously vendor costs are up. Some delivery services are going to start instituting "fuel charges" for delivery like they did a few years ago. We raised prices once (6 months ago) thru all of this covid issue and are moving right along. Ticket counts are about the same for the 1st quarter but total profit is dinged-up a bit due to our suppliers substantial price increases. We are "weaving & bouncing" but overall no huge issues or stress points. Actually, need to hire 2 or 3 more folks as March Madness will be a busy week or two. I don't carry any debt but many in our industry are struggling, especially the higher-end providers. I suspect there will be a purge of less than optimal operating business', but that will be in all sectors. It happens every generation at least 1 or twice. The folks that can pivot will be successful and others will move on. We are looking into kiosks for ordering inside our restaurants as automation is the future and the savings have been proven for at least the last 10 years or so.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
      he should be fine, he can cover his costs with a fuel surcharge which is the norm in the biz. i owned a trucking company, it's a good time to be in the trucking business.
      Good to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
        Not hurting bad honestly, but obviously vendor costs are up. Some delivery services are going to start instituting "fuel charges" for delivery like they did a few years ago. We raised prices once (6 months ago) thru all of this covid issue and are moving right along. Ticket counts are about the same for the 1st quarter but total profit is dinged-up a bit due to our suppliers substantial price increases. We are "weaving & bouncing" but overall no huge issues or stress points. Actually, need to hire 2 or 3 more folks as March Madness will be a busy week or two. I don't carry any debt but many in our industry are struggling, especially the higher-end providers. I suspect there will be a purge of less than optimal operating business', but that will be in all sectors. It happens every generation at least 1 or twice. The folks that can pivot will be successful and others will move on. We are looking into kiosks for ordering inside our restaurants as automation is the future and the savings have been proven for at least the last 10 years or so.
        The consumer will not like the Kiosks Oscar. They’rs no one to cuss at if they don’t like the prices.

Comment

How Bad is Your Business Hurting?

I am a part owner/operator of a steak restaurant and while sales have been ridiculous food cost increases have made profits shrink even with sales being up over 20%. We have had to increase prices about 5% but taking a 8-10% increase on food cost means profits are still down…good problems compared to many in the industry so not complaining but hope things settle down soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
            he should be fine, he can cover his costs with a fuel surcharge which is the norm in the biz. i owned a trucking company, it's a good time to be in the trucking business.
            i'm in the trucking business, and i'm an owner operator, i feel for some of these shippers who run their companies on a shoestring.
            i don't haul cheap freight, mostly high value equip/machinery/specialized, but i still feel for the guys that are taking a hit on this crap.

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
              i'm in the trucking business, and i'm an owner operator, i feel for some of these shippers who run their companies on a shoestring.
              i don't haul cheap freight, mostly high value equip/machinery/specialized, but i still feel for the guys that are taking a hit on this crap.

Yep cash flow is a big issue but no doubt fuel surcharges are warranted and should be no issue implementing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                I build MWD tools and electronic components are hard to come buy. We have bought most of what we need for a few hundred tools so hopefully there is some relief after that. If the ChiComs invade Taiwan all bets are off. there will be no electronics for some time.
                Tom, no "if" sir but when... they will eventually, But Taiwan is no Ukraine. The Taiwanese can fight like hell.

Comment

Oil refineries are chugging along. We have been beyond busy!

Comment

Industrial waste hauler here. 40 trucks, 3 price increases to our customers so far in the last 6 months. Tires up 50%, bulk fuel up 45%, parts hard to get. this sucks

Comment

Tagged
                      I’m small business owner as well and some of these posts are scary
                      God bless us all and weather the storm y’all
                      We will make it

Comment

Did the seafood place in north Dallas make it. He was a tbh member

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                          The consumer will not like the Kiosks Oscar. They’rs no one to cuss at if they don’t like the prices.
                          LMAOOOOOO...........you aint never lied! But most folks will complain about oxygen. We used the kiosks is Europe a few years ago as my daughter wanted McDonalds french fries of all things while walking around. The place was packed to the max. One kid worked at the counter with zero POS systems on the counter. They had about 8 full size standing kiosks scattered in the lobby. People were ordering & paying with Apple Pay in like in 30 seconds. My daughter was all over it as these youngsters are all about techy stuff. I took waaaaaaay longer than everybody else. It was super obvious this was the future for fast food and probably fast casual places that have counter service.
                          When they called your ticket number the ONE kid at the counter turned around and grabbed your food from a large window and handed it to you. Not one complaint, one question......smooth as silk. Condiments and drink machines were all self serve and convenient. I am going to start checking for it around Houston and see how the system is working and what type of cost savings are involved.

Comment

As a couple of others have posted, crime is increasing, people can't drive, and everything is someone else fault. And all the cool kids hate us, yet they still call when the real crap hits the fan.

So my line of work will likely always be here. As long as I can stand to keep going after almost 30 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullydog View Post
                              As a couple of others have posted, crime is increasing, people can't drive, and everything is someone else fault. And all the cool kids hate us, yet they still call when the real crap hits the fan.

So my line of work will likely always be here. As long as I can stand to keep going after almost 30 years.

No doubt only getting worse bubba

Comment

Originally posted by Bullydog View Post

Dont know why, but this made me think of something last night on I10 between San Antonio and Columbus. Traffic was stacked pretty good with the same old few drivers that refused to stay in the right lane unless passing. People camped out while I and others tried to get moving. A vehicle came up behind me and I moved over before he got close. As he passed I saw it was a cop. The car in front of me didnt yield ( he didnt have the emergency lights on, just driving faster than traffic ). He sat behind them for a bit then flashed his lights and they moved over. He got bebind the next car. Same thing. Again and again, with only a couple yielding before he flashed his lights. He did this until he was out of sight.

Hope some learned their lesson, but doubt it.

Comment

Working...
                                X