Next Lens. (Crop Sensor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next Lens. (Crop Sensor)

I’m getting back into a crop sensor Canon and trying to determine which lens to add for indoor shooting. Only have the 18-55 kit and a 55-250

Considering

24mm F2.8 ~100
    35mm F2~$450
    50mm F1.8 $100
    24-70 F2.8 ~$600

Or...

There is a high likelihood that I will get back into a full frame model, but not sure how quickly.

70-200 f2.8 and 24-70 f2.8 [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’ll just attach my gofundme page....

I’m leaning toward the 24mm 2.8, reasonably fast and extremely compact. But can’t run on a full frame, but it’s also only $100.

The Nifty Fifty is significantly brighter but on the crop it’s awfully tight indoors.

The other options start getting expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by scott123456789 View Post
        I’ll just attach my gofundme page....

I’m leaning toward the 24mm 2.8, reasonably fast and extremely compact. But can’t run on a full frame, but it’s also only $100.

The Nifty Fifty is significantly brighter but on the crop it’s awfully tight indoors.

The other options start getting expensive.
        I dont know much about Canon but my Nikon 35mm 1.8 runs around 150 to 200, is there not a Canon 35 similar to the Nikon?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

You might also consider the Sigma 18-35 1.8. That is a fantastic ASP-C lens. It's built like a tank, so it's a tad heavy compared to some of those smaller plasticky Canon primes, but you get some decent range, plus the 1.8 is hard to beat.

Comment

Plus it can be had for usually around $450-500 used, so right in the middle of your budget range on the lenses in your original post.

Comment

Originally posted by nairb2580 View Post
              I dont know much about Canon but my Nikon 35mm 1.8 runs around 150 to 200, is there not a Canon 35 similar to the Nikon?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Canon stopped making a 35mm F/2 but watching a few on eBay. They do still make a 35mm USM with IS but the price jumps to $500

Comment

Nifty fifty crop 1.8f stop why not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The f1.8 is great indoors for light but 50mm on the crop gets awfully close around the house.

Comment

Sounds like the 24mm is the lens for you!

Comment

I've got a sigma 18-35 1.8 that I run on my APS-C body and my Cinema body. It's a fantastic lens, as sharp as any of the Canon glass I run, and the AF is just as fast. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another, or any sigma lens in the future.

Comment

Working...
                      X