ladder stands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ladder stands

About to go invest in a ladder stamd . What is good?

I'd like to know as well.

I know they all have to meet certain safety requirements - so what separates a 80 buck ladder stand from a 300 dollar one?

Comment

I bought a one man lean to from Academy probably 10 years ago, can't remember the brand, but it has held up very well and has been out in a tree year around since I purchased it. I hunted in it last year with no problems other that the seat rotted away. I want to say it was on sale for $100, and normally around $150. I wouldn't spend anymore on that as I don't see the need to unless these newer ones are built cheap like everything else these days...

Comment

That's what I figured. Academy has a 1 1/2 man stand now I liked the extra room to move with the pics it showed.

Comment

I bought one from Sportsman's Guide four years ago. Like BURTONboy said, its still in good shape, but the fabric seat rotted. I pulled these up from there site. http://www.sportsmansguide.com/produ...=Ladder+Stands

Comment

Love love love mine!

Comment

The problem I have had with some ladder stands is that they are built for rifle hunters - the armrests and shooting rail just get in the way. Also with a bench seat, it is often difficult to contort yourself in to a good position to take a bow shot unless you stand up. What I did is buy a simple (and cheap - $50) ladder stand like the one pictured below and bolt a swiveling boat seat to the platform. Works great
              Click image for larger version

Name:	177428_ts.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	24319063
              Last edited by jerp; 07-31-2014, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Summit man and a half.Solid!

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                  The problem I have had with some ladder stands is that they are built for rifle hunters - the armrests and shooting rail just get in the way. Also with a bench seat, it is often difficult to contort yourself in to a good position to take a bow shot unless you stand up. What I did is buy a simple (and cheap - $50) ladder stand like the one pictured below and bolt a swiveling boat seat to the platform. Works great
                  [ATTACH]639049[/ATTACH]
                  YEP!

Bought this one for $50 and it works like a dream.

Comment

I think the difference is how comfortable they are

Comment

[ATTACH]639049[/ATTACH]
                      Yep. This one. Get them while they are relatively inexpensive.

Comment

Big game if you can find them.

Comment

That's exactly what I have... rifle or bow hunt out of it.

[ATTACH]639049[/ATTACH]

Comment

I bought a Big Game for $159 then two of another brand for $119. BG was 20ft others 16ft
                            Have them all up but couldn't find a tree over 16ft so took one rail out of the BG. Fired up about this season.

Comment

Just get a cheap ladder stand to get you to the height u need and then climb into a lock on gametamer

Comment

Working...
                              X