No announcement yet.

Nikon lens question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just fork out the cash now or do it later. I can see this getting very expensive for me.

Comment

Yeah. How come the coolest things always seem to cost a lot of money?

Comment

Originally posted by texag93 View Post
        Just fork out the cash now or do it later. I can see this getting very expensive for me.
        That would be real easy if I weren't already breaking the bank!

I don't know enough about the lenses to know how much difference the $291.00 lense will make over the $98.00 lense with just .5 difference.

Comment

There's probably more difference than just the aperture. Autofocus speed, quality of glass & build, etc.....

Comment

Jason,

There should be no difference. When Nikon first announced the lens it was just a VR and they later announced that they were going to include a silent wave motor and called it the VRII. When they finally released it all models had the silent wave motor.

The only difference you might see is that SN's <2045480 were assembled prior to Nov05 in Japan and SN's between 2101562 - 2140368 were assembeled in Thailand before Feb. 06. all SN's >250***x have been assembeled in Thailand since June 2006

Comment

Originally posted by cfortner View Post
              Ok I'm still trying to put together my ultimate D40 package... With the talk of lenses here I'm back to looking again. How much difference will f/4-5.6G make over f/4.5-6.0G in the 70-300mm lense in low light situtations? The cost difference between the two is $198.00... I keep going back and forth wondering if I'll regret going the cheaper route.
              In low light they will suck equally poorly so save the money.

The main difference is that the 70-300 IF-ED can be used on a 35mm film camera while the plain G can only be used on the digital bodies.

Comment

Doncom, thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
                X