Looking for a new bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a new bow

Been out of the game for 4 years. Looking at the new bows it looks like they haven’t gotten any faster. Just heavier, shorter brace heights, shorter ATA and slower. Is there some improvement I’m missing, seems like nothing’s “gotten better”. Loved my invasion. 7” brace, 343ibo, 3.9lb and 32 ata. Anyone have any suggestions on anything close to that, really don’t want to be over 4lbs bare bow. Best I’ve seen the elite ritual 30 which has my interests peaked. Any bows in that range I’ve missed?

I've got a older Helium and a little newer Halon 6. The newer bows just keep getting smoother, quiter and your right not necessarily faster or lighter. I am waiting on that new Mathews that is lighter, quieter and faster. Yes, something in the range of the old DXT or Helim would be one I would buy. Good luck.
    BTW: don't be afraid to buy a newer used bow on here or AT Classified.

Comment

Bought my invasion used in 2012 on AT and sold it here in 2015. Already have a WTB and looking for one.

Comment

When looking for a new bow. Several things to look for. Comfortable and ke. This is one time ke is important.

Comment

This may sound far fetched but my Full Throttle is very smooth & fast. Now it is a 5” brace height but I shoot it better than any bow hanging in my closet. All I’ve done to it is turned it down to 64lbs & put a roller cable guide on it. It is my go to bow, I definitely don’t have to worry about pass through a with it. It’s one you don’t sleep with when at full draw. Cause it’s raring to go. At 64lbs hold weight is 21lbs. Did I mention fast?? 267fps with a 545gr arrow with 22.4% foc. Shot this pig with it the other night at 20yrds arrow was 6” in the dirt after pass through. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0861-compressed.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	24592667

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I highly recommend checking out Prime bows by G5. They aren't as popular down in the south but I sure as heck stand behind them. I know I sell a lot of them.

Comment

Originally posted by TxSpinner View Post
              I highly recommend checking out Prime bows by G5. They aren't as popular down in the south but I sure as heck stand behind them. I know I sell a lot of them.
              Thanks just checked the out. Unfortunately all look to be about 4.5 lb. if I’m doing that I might as well get a Mathews Traix or something like that. 4lb is heaviest I want to go

Comment

I shoot a Triax but my brother just switched to a Hoyt Carbon RX-3. It is under
                4 pounds.

Comment

Just starting shooting a Hoyt Carbon RX and loving it so far, not very heavy at all

Comment

Working...
                  X