No announcement yet.

LRGV La Sal Del Rey Youth Hunt thread semi-live 20201204

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck! I bet yall are gonna do great!

Comment

Good scout tonight. I sat on a road I could see for a ways and didn't see anything so I'm glad I didn't burn a hunting day with the kiddo there. Kiddo sat in the tripod I setup and saw those cows crossing at 165. When I went to pick him up the big bull from yesterday and a younger bull and some cows were between me and him in some rolling contour in the middle of the field. They were maybe 250 yards from the kiddo but he couldn't see them. We'll hunt the morning and if we don't have any luck I'll move the tripod over 100 yards to hit that spot.
      Another federal warden was waiting on us when we got back out, we chatted for a while and he's super chill and offered to help any way we needed, gave me his card and said to call or text if we needed anything. He said he heard about last night and apologized for it even though it's not his department. The feds down here are all first class as far as I've seen, love having them close by making sure things are running smoothly and secure. As long as they're parked by my truck I don't have to worry about it getting broken into.

Comment

OK here we go! Kiddo is in place and ready!

We've been here since 45 minutes prior to shooting time but the sun is finally up enough to get on my phone.
        Scared the CRAP out of myself this morning when we went to load up, ammo wasn't in my ammo/supply bag and thought I left it on the bed at home but I'd put it in the gun case instead which I usually don't do.

Shots just rang out from back behind us, two pretty quick but sounded like misses. They're pretty close.
        Attached Files

Comment

Good luck!

Is there a rest for the gun on that tripod?

Comment

Best of luck, and following along.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
              Good luck!

Is there a rest for the gun on that tripod?
              Yep, can't see it on the other side but there's a Primos trigger stick mounted to the left side. I didn't try it with the rifle but kiddo said it's actually pretty good. I brought chairs and a big trigger stick tripod also in case we want to move. I'll get a pic of the rest when we get up to move and stretch legs later.

Comment

I hope the kiddo shoots something soon, this is all I can see from the ground. Lol
                Attached Files

Comment

Good luck!!

Comment

Here we go!!!!

Comment

Can't wait to see the updates! Good luck!

Comment

Got a text from a hunter we met in the parking lot this morning, it was their shots we heard this morning behind us, two shots at a running bull both clean misses.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

I’m excited just following this thread good luck guys!

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                              I hope the kiddo shoots something soon, this is all I can see from the ground. Lol
                              You’re a good Dad, Enjoy these moments!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Exciting morning!

Comment

Working...
                                X