No announcement yet.

6.8 western

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like a cool cartridge. The more long range offerings out there the better. Very happy with my 6.5 PRC, but there's always something else to tinker with...

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
      Fair enough.

All it would take is one bullet manufacturer and one rifle company to kick it off. Hornady and ruger could probably get it done.
      The problem is morons would buy loaded ammo (or reload with the same) with the heavies and shoot it in their slower twist “traditional” barrels and when their accuracy is unacceptable will urinate and moan about the ammo/bullets being junk. :-)

Comment

Same can be said for any heavier VLD, but at least some production rifles are picking up in fast twist barrels.

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
        The problem is morons would buy loaded ammo (or reload with the same) with the heavies and shoot it in their slower twist “traditional” barrels and when their accuracy is unacceptable will urinate and moan about the ammo/bullets being junk. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
          They don’t because for years most barrels were slow twist on factory guns
          And Berger releases a 135 .257 Hybrid about 2 days after your comment to make you swallow it

Comment

Sig Sauer done gone an done it with the 277 Fury. Only problem is you can't even find either the rifle or ammo to buy so what's the use? 80,000 psi chamber pressure?

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
              Serious Question: What does it do that a 7mm WSM can't? (besides get people to buy more guns/ammo)
              It has a cooler name.

Comment

I think it's doomed before it gets started. 270 WSM already there and limited projectiles to help it's cause.

Comment

I think your missing the point, it’s a rebirth using fast twist barrels for optimal BC.

The long vld bullets are catching fire, similar to what yeti did for coolers. Everyone is catching on, great for the sport. Now, producers need to pick it up!

Originally posted by Wayspr View Post
                  I think it's doomed before it gets started. 270 WSM already there and limited projectiles to help it's cause.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                    I think your missing the point, it’s a rebirth using fast twist barrels for optimal BC.

The long vld bullets are catching fire, similar to what yeti did for coolers. Everyone is catching on, great for the sport. Now, producers need to pick it up!
                    Winchester and Browning have crap marketing abilities though. I kinda doubt anyone remembers this one in 5 years. If Hornady was behind it I’d have some faith it may stick around.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                      Winchester and Browning have crap marketing abilities though. I kinda doubt anyone remembers this one in 5 years. If Hornady was behind it I’d have some faith it may stick around.
                      Hornady is making ammo for it

Comment

Going to be tough to find

Comment

the ammo? You can buy all you want on targetsports and natchez just to name a couple

Comment

Originally posted by ORIONTHEHUNTER View Post
                            Hornady is making ammo for it
                            Big difference between making ammo and pushing a new cartridge. Hornady has a recent track record of producing and creating demand for their cartridges. Winchester / Browning.......not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayspr View Post
                              Big difference between making ammo and pushing a new cartridge. Hornady has a recent track record of producing and creating demand for their cartridges. Winchester / Browning.......not so much.
                              I agree I guess time will tell. I don't want one personally but I feel it will fill a niche in the market. There are a couple informative threads about it on Rokslide if you browse over there.

Comment

I hate this new round it's pointless. It's literally surrounded by awesome calibers that are well established because they work ssssooooooo good. Some bean counter marketing guy trying justify his existence invented this one. Stupid name that copies the STW line. .260 6.5CM, 257 Rob AI, 25wssm, .264 win mag, 358 win, 350 rem mag, 7mm-08, 7-30 waters, or hey the 270 Winchester. All stuff I personally would say are better options, and yes I know they are not all short actions, so what, the animal will never know and you wont either.

Comment

Working...
                                X