No announcement yet.

Cooper WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No deer tonight. And I'm done for the year. Good luck to anyone going these last few days.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Comment

went out this weekend to pick up/adjust my cameras and maybe shoot a squirrel. Saw 4 stands still sitting out there. You would think people would take it with them on their last sit

Comment

Do you guys know if you can park off the **** road on the north side or if you have to use one of the two parking lots?

Comment

Originally posted by kdm015 View Post
          went out this weekend to pick up/adjust my cameras and maybe shoot a squirrel. Saw 4 stands still sitting out there. You would think people would take it with them on their last sit
          Who says they are done hunting? The stands might belong to GW Chris Fried.

Comment

Folks leave stands all the time... Sometimes for years

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
              Who says they are done hunting? The stands might belong to GW Chris Fried.
              That's funny.

Comment

went out Sunday to fetch a camera and maybe run across a pig. came across a couple trees that had some cuts on them. any ideas what the purpose of this was?
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by boomerball View Post
                  went out Sunday to fetch a camera and maybe run across a pig. came across a couple trees that had some cuts on them. any ideas what the purpose of this was?

It looks like some one was blazing a trail in and out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It looks like a hack and squirt timber management. MAYBE some WMA folks are trying to remove some trash trees to get some sunlight to the ground to provide some forage to the animals. Or maybe someone took their kid with a new machete and the kid was just hacking at trees for fun. Not responsible but sounds like something I would do as a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by jkelbe View Post
                      It looks like a hack and squirt timber management. MAYBE some WMA folks are trying to remove some trash trees to get some sunlight to the ground to provide some forage to the animals. Or maybe someone took their kid with a new machete and the kid was just hacking at trees for fun. Not responsible but sounds like something I would do as a kid.
                      hmm, it was just those two trees, and not anywhere close to boundaries, roads, etc. one of those odd.thing you run across in th woods

Comment

Originally posted by kdm015 View Post
                        not locked, free for the taking.

Comment

I did see some heavy equipment in there off the road when you enter by Doctor's Creek. Maybe they are marking more area to clear.

Comment

Anyone been out hunting?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                              not locked, free for the taking.
                              The stands are GW Chris Fried's. He hunts all the time. Once a poacher, always a poacher.

Comment

I'm wanting to go bad, but its too dang hot right now. Next week is looking much better.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X