Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non-refundable License fee for lottery draw.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After not getting drawn for 3 years, and then they changed the tag allotment for non residents, was all i could stand. Besides Old Mexico is wonderful and alot cheaper!

Comment

Ive read they changed some rules again this year. This was related to Antelope but the last 2 times I checked the site they hadn't update for 19-20 seasons

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
        AZ been that way for years
        Originally posted by Bisch View Post
        Kansas made me buy a $95 hunting license last year when I applied for a deer tag. When I did not get drawn, they refunded the price of the deer tag and kept the $95!

Total money grab ripoff!!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        The Difference is You received points Then, NM will Be a Total Donation for Most

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          Ive read they changed some rules again this year. This was related to Antelope but the last 2 times I checked the site they hadn't update for 19-20 seasons
          Its Updated. Click on Last Years Hunting Rules and The Current Year will Pop Up. Just not Posted on the Home Page Yet

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
            Out of state hunting is just gonna get worse. The thing that makes it so bad IMO, is that lots of folks, maybe even most, are hunting Federal land. Land that we all own, but the state gets to charge these prices plus hold the non-resident hostage for services he's never gonna benefit from. A small service fee would be reasonable, but holding the whole fee isn't right. I culled my out of state hunting back to just Wyoming several years ago, but things are changing slowly there too.
            Feds own the land but the state owns the animals on it, its the same way in every state. You can go hang out on the federal land all you want, it belongs to you but you gotta pay the state for the critters.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
              State game agencies need all the cash they can get, if you truly can't afford that tiny little extra then you likely aren't going to be hunting in the first place.
              Truth.

Comment

Originally posted by DWV015 View Post
                It's actually only 6% of the tag allotment that goes to non-residents. And to top it all off they split the archery season up into two separate seasons, one in September and one for the January rut hunt, cutting the opportunities to hunt in January by 60% or something like that............very frustrating. A couple of units that I've hunted in the past are now down to only allowing 3 & 6 non-resident deer tags for January. Something I used to just plan on (and dream all year about) doing every January is now just a pipe dream.
                On a side note, NM also banned coyote hunting competitions on all state trust lands earlier this week
                I forget, I stopped looking at it since the change in like 2012...

from NMDNR, looks like they've now also added residents into the 10% outfitter pool, SMDH
                84% of draw licenses go to new mexico residents
                10% to residents or nonresidents who've contracted with an outfitter
                6% to nonresidents who have not contracted with an outfitter
                Last edited by bossbowman; 01-11-2019, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Raising fees on residents will get you kicked out of office. That's why state politicians continue to raise non-res rates across the west. We as non-residents don't have a vote, Residents do...
                  Hard to compare this fee to other states such as AZ or ID, they have various forms of OTC deer and elk seasons you can use that non refundable license on if you don't draw.

Comment

State game agencies need all the cash they can get, if you truly can't afford that tiny little extra then you likely aren't going to be hunting in the first place.
                    So, your suggesting that a guy like me who will not use an outfitter, that has less than a fair chance at a draw should just be happy year after year to send NM money as basically a donation?

Comment

Non-refundable License fee for lottery draw.

Originally posted by DWV015 View Post

On a side note, NM also banned coyote hunting competitions on all state trust lands earlier this week

That’s a little misleading. The new ultra progressive Soro’s backed state land commissioner wanted to wag her finger at gun owners, hunters etc. so she pulled that executive order.

No competitions have been held on state trust lands. It’s already difficult to hunt state trust lands. So really she did nothing other than hey look at me and **** most hunters and sportsmen off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by ladrones; 01-11-2019, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
                        The Difference is You received points Then, NM will Be a Total Donation for Most
                        Its a donation but we all have the same odds (NM & ID). Pref point states like CO for ELK or WY for sheep/moose you can guarantee that if you didn't get in on the ground floor you will never hunt CO top units (2, 201) or sheep/moose in WY.

They will at some point switch to what AZ is doing. I apply in 10 states out west and don't give money for pure preference points like WY Sheep where I have 0% chance of drawing in my lifetime, they are missing out on revenue from many people.

In NM I have a shot every year, the odds are terrible but I still have a chance and make my donation. AZ made the switch by giving half the non-resident tags to max points holder and half are random. Keeps the guys with points still playing and the rest of us have a shot.

Comment

If they needed extra revenue they should have placed the whole burden on the guide/outfitter 12% guide pool as well as the landowner tag purchases. More money to squeeze from.

Comment

When I first started hunting NM, an out of state license for muleys was $15. It went to $31 one year and I thought we were getting ripped off. I quit hunting that state when the tag went to $146.

Comment

Originally posted by robie View Post
                              I wish Texas would do something to generate more revenue from non-residents.

Instead of our lottery hunts being $3 for non-residents charge them $30 and the big horn hunts and Texas slam type hunts be resident only or $50 for non-residents to apply.

I've accepted that every state I apply in is going to make most of their revenue off of non-residents I just wish Texas would step up and join the game.
                              Very true. And then on newmexicobowhunter.com they will be like "Hey man, raisin my fees, they hate out a staters, this merica or not?

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                                If they needed extra revenue they should have placed the whole burden on the guide/outfitter 12% guide pool as well as the landowner tag purchases. More money to squeeze from.

Resident tags and licenses should be raised significantly in just about all states. TX included

Comment

Working...
                                X