Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What optics and light do you guys run on your AR’s for varmint hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What optics and light do you guys run on your AR’s for varmint hunting?

Building an AR- what optics and lights do you guys run?

Sniper Hawg lights they are a sponsor on here and make a great light. I personally like having two lights, one handheld and then one on the gun if that is the only option I have. But if you can corral a buddy into hunting with you then just running one handheld is my preferred method.

Comment

I used to run an ar for night time but have switched to a quick connect scope mount on my hunting rifle and thermal. Now when it gets dark I just switch to my trail. Much easier setup.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Comment

Sniper Hog Lights. TBH sponsor, great customer service, and great products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sniper Hog Lights

I’m still using an old Destroyer.

Comment

Photon night vision scope at the moment with an external IR light that I hardly ever need to use. I’m gonna bump up to a thermal this year though.

Comment

I think for low light conditions you're better off with a 50mm scope of some kind. I just use a 3-9x40 and it works alright but I don't get to hunt at night but a few times a year.

I have a Wicked Light.

Comment

Fenix pd35 and leupold vx-r with firedot scopeClick image for larger version

Name:	20170618_211140.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	24564238

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I use a Sniper light as well. Green and I don't use a scope per say. I run a Eotech 312 on top. I'm good to 100 yards or so with that set up .

Gary

Comment

Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10x32 FFP and a Stalktech Fury 3 in a Larye offset mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

3x9x50 Nikon with Stalktec

Comment

I use an ultimate wild handheld red lense spot light and have a cheap amazon red light on my rifle. The scope I use is a Athlon 1-4 power 30mm scope.
                        Attached Files

Comment

So excuse my ignorance- trying to learn here. Can you run a traditional magnification scope and a red dot at the same time? How does this work and what is the benefit. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by texglocker View Post
                            I use an ultimate wild handheld red lense spot light and have a cheap amazon red light on my rifle. The scope I use is a Athlon 1-4 power 30mm scope.
                            do you like the ultimate wild light? which model do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by em12 View Post
                              So excuse my ignorance- trying to learn here. Can you run a traditional magnification scope and a red dot at the same time? How does this work and what is the benefit. Thank you
                              I've seen where guys have red dots mounted on their scope or either off to the side. I guess just for close range targets. Seems like it'd work alright. I'm just not real big on extra stuff hanging off of a gun. Just one more thing to get snagged on something.

Comment

Working...
                              X