Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People are trashy - Increase littering fines.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People are trashy - Increase littering fines.

I sure wish they would increase littering fines AND go after litter bugs instead of giving speeding tickets for 1-4 mph over the limit.

They (State or County not sure) were out picking up trash on 183 from Briggs to Lampasas. Was crazy amounts of trash bags filled up.

I guess people don't care anymore and just throw out all there trash while driving. Bust these sorry POS people. Fine the crap out of them.

Few things infuriate me like littering.

It's disgraceful and tells me pretty much everything I need to know about a person who does it.

Comment

Like JSPRADLEY said....it can tell you A LOT about a person. I always leave with more trash than I brought when I go places. (especially fishing)

Comment

You should see San Luis Pass on a weekend. There are trash cans everywhere, but its apparent that people can't see them.

Comment

I am with ya on this.
          I live on a small private road that is shared with 4 other neighbors. From the county road I am the first house on the private road. One neighbor runs a dog/cat boarding business which is just usually busy on the weekends. It is crazy the amount of trash/litter I pick up on this small 1/4 mile section from my house to the county road. About once a quarter I will fill up a feed sack with beer bottles/cans and some other trash.

All of my neighbors and I have teenagers driving and they have friends that come over too. I have always stressed to my boys that you can never throw trash out the window. Just wait until you get where you are going.

Comment

Yep, it's gross. Lot's of people throw their garbage in the bed of the truck. Then get going 75-80 and just let it blow out. See this all the time in Houston.

Comment

I live in Bastrop county, you drive down any little country road there is trash everywhere. Not just stuff that people throw out of their car, but trash that people dump. It's really sad and disappointing.

Comment

I have a buddy that will kick it right out of the cab parked in front of a trash can. I say something every time but he doesn't see it as a problem.......would go nuts if someone did it at his house.......I don’t get it.

Comment

Gotta give the community service people something to do, but I agree with you.

Comment

This burns me up too. I can't stand driving down a road and seeing trash littering the ditches on both sides. It's lazy, trashy, selfish people... period. I doubt that most of them toss it out their window. Most of it probably is blown from the back of trucks. Still, I can't understand just tossing loose trash in the back of my truck to be blown out. Trashy people just think differently apparently.

Comment

1431 between Marble Falls and Granite Shoals is the trashiest highway in Texas. I believe most of it is accidental trash that blows out truck beds and trailers.
                      You see everything from tires to mattresses, coolers to pool floats that blow out the back of boats. You just never see litter pick up going on. Maybe once per year. Then they come through with mowers that just shred all the trash so it blows everywhere.
                      The Highland Lakes area is known for tourist attractions yet the cities of Marble Falls, Granite Shoals and Burnet county don't seem to care about all the garbage on roadsides. Maybe there's some confusion about whose responsibility it is to pick up litter on state highways.
                      Last edited by Sika; 01-22-2020, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Part of the reason for my post was that I actually would agree with increasing fines on littering. Almost all other fines I see as BS ways for cities to make money. But in this case I'd like to see them use it to make money because it may help keep our roads clean.

Comment

I agree with most trash is blown out of truck and trailers.

Comment

It is one of the most disrespectful things a person can do. I went to Doug’s lease to spend the night before a fishing trip. Some lowlife had thrown all of their trash out by his hat and the critters spread it out. Wish he could have found a name and mailing address in there so we could have returned it to the owners yard

Comment

It is a head-shaker that so many people still do that. It was much worse when I was a kid in the 60's/70's - a lot more people thought nothing of tossing that McDonalds bag out the window. Then came the nationwide anti-littering campaigns -"Keep America Beautiful", the crying Indian, Don't Mess With Texas, etc. I think those worked to some degree in changing attitudes but obviously there are still a lot of trashy folks out there. It is shocking how many bottles and cans are in the ditch along our roadways that you don't see until after a grass fire.

Comment

Working...
                              X