No announcement yet.

Fence line etiquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If lease agreement says no closer than 100 feet of property line and said feeder is 60 ft move itanother 40 ft, put up no trespassing signs and put up camera. If neighbor trespasses and messes with your equipment call game warden and have him arrested.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
      I wouldn’t move the feeder. You lease every square inch of that land. My theory is this. Feeders inside fence 30yds plus and stands on fence hunting that feeder shooting into the property you lease. Now if feeder is on the fence and your stand is yards away shooting towards property line then I have a problem. As long as the projectile doesn’t cross property line then leave it how it is.

Whoever left that note needs an arse whoopin and a visit from the local GW!

Move it closer or leave it where it’s at and set up multiple cams in the area.
      Why? You’ve already broke leases agreement with landowner by having it that close to fence

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
        He shouldn’t be on your property, but the feeder shouldn’t be that close to the fence if there is a provision in the lease agreement for it to be further. Your land owner very well could’ve already talked to the neighbor about this issue, which is probably why he added the distance restriction to the lease. Now the land owner has to deal with a trespassing neighbor and a lease holder who’s not upholding the lease agreement, so yeah, I’m sure he’s not real happy right now.
        This.....read what "Bullets" composed above....

Now, in my experience as both a member and the primary lessor I can tell you what I'd do. I'd move the feeder well off his fence. I'd personally go to the landowner and apologize for causing a problem and offer to go apologize to the neighbor landowner, which he'll probably not want you to do. Most likely he'll insist he'll handle it and you should let HIM "handle it."

Now, would I want to paint a big finger on the feeder and point it right at him....lol.....you bet. However, all that'll do (or any other silly immature action) is cause your landowner more problems with his neighbor. It'll also probably cost you your spot on the lease and more than likely the whole group the lease itself.

In my experience landowners tolerate lessee hunters for the money. With some it's like they want the money, but, don't want you around.....with some I'm sure it's exactly that....sure feels like that to the hunters anyway..... they're "tolerated." You should be the ramrod "go to" on a deal like that....hehehe.... no fun I'll tell you that.

So, in conclusion, you can pour fuel on a small lil' grass fire and turn it into a potential scorched earth for you, your fellow lessee's and, very possibly, the landowner him or herself. Or you can do the MATURE thing and do your best to diffuse the situation.

Given the choice between what I want to do and what I know is "right" I always TRY to do the right thing. It's quite often not easy as I know I'm correct or at least on equal footing. However, me swallowing my pride, using my intellect vs emotion, and experiencing a bit of short term pain for long term gain has almost always worked out for the best.
        Last edited by Slicefixer; 11-27-2019, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
          I’ve shot deer across my neighbors fence. They’ve shot deer across mine. In my opinion, it’s a strange thing to get bent out of shape over.

I find it far more strange (and sad) that people don’t KNOW their neighbors!

Same here.
          Our neighbor uses our access road to get to a stand of his, which is about 50 yards into our property[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
            Put yourself in his shoes..
            How "bee hive pizzed" are ya'll going to be if he now puts one 20 feet from the fence, on his side? And don't say ya'll wont be either..
            This is exactly how silly nonsense gets started but its great for the high fence builders..
            Its much easier to just be respectful of each other..

Just because it legal doesn't mean its right..
            Boy you said that perfect

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
              He disabled the feeder!!!

Yeah, he's a swell guy!!!!
              He probably did that because the corn was piling up.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                Put yourself in his shoes..
                How "bee hive pizzed" are ya'll going to be if he now puts one 20 feet from the fence, on his side? And don't say ya'll wont be either..
                This is exactly how silly nonsense gets started but its great for the high fence builders..
                Its much easier to just be respectful of each other..

Just because it legal doesn't mean its right..
                This. The 100 yard rule keeps everyone happy. And ttaxidermy is right. This is what causes high fences. Not to keep deer in but to keep D~Baggery neighbors out.

Comment

Try 👀 gn from the other side of the fence. It is no fun being shot at. I know. Do not tresspess to resolve, but finding a feeder on the fence line you walk by to get to your stand and having blind shooting at such feeder and you makes it no fun.

Comment

I grew up old school. Out of common respect I was taught not to put feeders or stands right on a neighbors fence line. There are lots of things that are "legal" but does not make it the respectful thing to do.

On the other hand nobody has the right to trespass and take property. So IMO both sides were at fault. (as your LO I would not be happy that one of my lease hunters ignored a rule I had in place)

Communicating with neighbors before issues like this arise is the answer.

Comment

File on the trespasser and keep huntin.....

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                        This. The 100 yard rule keeps everyone happy. And ttaxidermy is right. This is what causes high fences. Not to keep deer in but to keep D~Baggery neighbors out.
                        I really dont think more than 1 or 2% of HF are installed due to people hunting a fence line.
                        Those fences are tens of thousands or more dollars and more likely they are installed because someone with deep pockets would rather guarentee bigs bucks rather than hunt big bucks

Comment

Originally posted by criddle View Post
                          Looks like the paper is from an animal treatment record book. Handy books but an expensive piece of scrap paper to leave a note.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk
                          Bet you my next paycheck that the landowner left the note not a lease hunter

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                            I really dont think more than 1 or 2% of HF are installed due to people hunting a fence line.
                            Those fences are tens of thousands or more dollars and more likely they are installed because someone with deep pockets would rather guarentee bigs bucks rather than hunt big bucks
                            Well we had this fence line problem on deer lease I was on. We pitched in high fenced 1 mile on that side of the property. Not all high fences encompass entire properties.

Comment

He messed up by crossing the fence and disconnecting your feeder.
                              If it's on this side of the fence and your'e not shooting into his property and the corn from the feeder isn't crossing the fence, it's none of his business.
                              If he really doesn't like it, he can put up a high fence so no one can steal "His" deer....

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                                Why? You’ve already broke leases agreement with landowner by having it that close to fence
                                If you read my post, OPs post the lease agreement part was not mentioned. OP posted that part same time I posted.

That’s “Why”

Comment

Working...
                                X