2014 dodge just shut down while towing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2014 dodge just shut down while towing

I have a 2014 dodge that just died while hauling a trailer. It wasnt a large amout either, had my tow engaged. I was driving and it just shut down. Still had electrical, just no gas to motor. I didnt hit the anti theft as suggested by a dealer because i dont have one. I brought it to a stop, put it in park and it started back up fine, no issues since. Still gonna have it looked at. Any thoughts? Thanks

are your mirrors extended...?

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
      are your mirrors extended...?
      good one

Comment

I have never owed a Ram but does it have keyless ignition? Might not have been able to receive signal from the key for an extended period

Comment

Originally posted by MidLifeKtm View Post
          I have never owed a Ram but does it have keyless ignition? Might not have been able to receive signal from the key for an extended period

it does have a remote starter and a fob key that must be put in the ignition

Comment

had a similar problem with a ford and asked on here about it. got a PM that it could be a EGR valve hanging open, or a fuel pressure control solenoid going bad. I haven't taken it to get codes checked yet though.

Comment

or in tank fuel pump, cinding(sensor for fuel level) Some start to go bad, get hot inside and cut off..once cool, they will go again...shorter run time between each cut out. good luck and let us know!
              Were are you?...maybe get someone from here to drag the trailer to a safe place?

Comment

i luckily got home, but gonna have it checked out

Comment

I have a 2009 that would just die but would start back up. It was the module for the ignition and they replaced it and recoded the keys. I think it was called the win module.

Comment

Working...
                  X